Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MOTORHEAD rocked last night
Posted by: kees ()
Date: November 29, 2006 10:41

After the great Paradiso gig from Lucindia Williams 3 wks. ago it was time for Lemmy and the boys. A sold out gig for 2,000 people near Alkmaar/Holland, 10 min. from my home.

In between: 'We are Motorhead, we play rock and roll' and
'We are Motorhead we play r&R - Don't forget us' it was 90 min. pure rock. 6/8 songs from their last two great albumbs, one Thin Lizzy cover, one accoustic blues song (Whorehouse blues).

And than I wondered why do I like LW and Motorhead gig so much more than the last Stones gig in Cologne last summer. My conclusion is:
- no 'circus' (back ground vocalists, trumpets,etc) needed, it is about the music.
- the setlist (both LW and M. played a great mix of new and old songs)
- the musicians (both today's Keith and Ronnie can't stand up to the musicians from the other two bands.

Yeah Lemmy, we won't forget you as long as you will play.

Re: MOTORHEAD rocked last night
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 29, 2006 10:59

I would love to see them live, I missed them when they visited my hometown some years ago. A fantastic Rock'n'Roll band.

Posted by: Niko76 ()
Date: November 29, 2006 11:07

They are absolutely worth to see them live!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 29, 2006 11:18

saw them with Foo Fighters, at Hyde Park, this summer... they rocked!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 29, 2006 12:06

ACE OF SPADES is the best rock'n'roll album ever made
I regularely listen it for 25 years now !

I saw them for the 1st time live last year in Holland for a festival with Black Sabbath too. A dream came true. Ozzy and Lemmy the same day...

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: November 29, 2006 13:19

I remember when I saw them in 1991. It began with an incredible loud bang from the stage. It was only Lemmy testing his bass...

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 29, 2006 13:45

No toy music, Motörhead. Great band!

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: November 29, 2006 16:30

I dont like Motorhead, they are the only band I ever saw live where the audience was Males - 5000 Females - 0 .

I once played Tetris with Lemmy at Dingwalls in about 1984,he was a total wreck then, his girlfriend complained to me that whenever he came back from tour, the money was all gone getting trashed within about 2 weeks.

how he managed to survive so long is a medical miracle.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 29, 2006 16:48

Is that the reason you don't like their music? Because of the male dominated audience? As a young man I should attend concerts with Justin Timberlake or some other crap if I wanted to see pretty girls at a concert. But I prefer hard knox and dirty sox at concerts.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: November 29, 2006 16:51

No,I dont like Motorheads music because they have made the same album 30 times in a row. They are of course good at what they do, but its not my taste.
Who is Justin Timberlake by the way?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 29, 2006 19:46

I have seen Motorhead about ten times, always a great show. Also both Lemmy and Phil can keep up in the party department, that's for sure!

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 29, 2006 22:25

They separate the men from the boys for sure. I saw em at the old Glasgow Apollo back in June 83. I was 12 and I went with my big bro. It was the "Another Perfect Tour" with Brian Robertson (ex Lizzy ) on guitar. I couldnt hear anything for a week after. I seriously thought I was deaf (forever!). I sat at the back in class at school and said/did nothing at school for a whole week.
Oh but we did meet the band after the gig, and I shook hands with Lemmy and he signed my denim jacket. My mum stuck it in the wash and it was lost forever - my Lemmy autograph, and my respect and love for my mum!. Happy days!!

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: November 29, 2006 22:45

They have great fans. In 1991 I remember several of them were lying with their faces down in the dirt during the concert. When you tried to lift them up so they could breathe, they just said "no, it´s cool man"!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 29, 2006 23:23

Saw Motorhead in Vancouver in early 1982 on their Iron Fist tour. Fast Eddie Clarke had just left the band about a week or so prior in Toronto so Brian Robertson was hired. They did an autograph session at a downtown record store and nobody knew who he was. I got Lemmy and "Philty" Taylor's autographs.
Their stage was the same as the cover of No Sleep Til Hammersmith, with the bomber above. I do remember them playing Muddy's Hoochie Koochie Man.
Krokus, a Swiss band that sounded like AC/DC were the openers.
Chase is Better than the Catch off of Ace of Spades is probably my favorite Motorhead song.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 30, 2006 00:05

"I got Lemmy and "Philty" Taylor's autographs."

Me and a friend once cornered Taylor by the packaged meat at a 7-11 in Hollywood not long after he left. Lemmy and Phil are pretty easy to find when they are in town.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home