Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck asking for "It must be hell.."
Posted by: salar ()
Date: November 23, 2006 19:12

Hi folks,
just remember that some days ago someone posted that good old Chuck tried to convince Mick to perform some new songs...
2 of them were It must be hell from Undercover album and the great Dear Doctor from beggars, I guess.

Man, would I like to hear those 2 tunes performed live by the Stones.

Again ist shows that without Chuck Stones setlists would be like autopilot in the early days.

Hope they will do it next summer though...maybe they also trie to perform Slave which already had been reheased several times since 2002.
The small part they show from Slave in Four flicks shows that this would be a monster of song, like CYHMK maybe.

CUnextsommer
salar

Re: Chuck asking for "It must be hell.."
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 23, 2006 19:31

It must Be Hell!! That would be great!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 23, 2006 19:41

that's one of those songs one hopes for but can't expect. nice that chuck is pushing for it.

Date: November 23, 2006 19:51

They rediscover Undercover ....Chuck also tried ''To much Blood''to be played..hell he is not bad at all!!!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 23, 2006 20:14

Why don't try "Soul Survivor" if "It Must Be Hell" is beeing considered?

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: November 23, 2006 20:14

Wow It Must Be Hell, Too Much Blood. That can lead to too Tough & All The Way Down. Yes Undercover may be rediscovered after all. MEZ

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 23, 2006 20:18

Considering the way Chuck has been murdering several songs in the last few gigs, I take his words with a large grain of salt.

Date: November 23, 2006 22:07

It must be hell would be heavenly -- I gave Chuck a huge cheer last night at Dodgers!

you can't catch me!

Posted by: DE VULLUSBAND ()
Date: November 23, 2006 23:00

Shame they didn't include the Under Cover album in the album-segments during the LICKS-Tour. This album was always underrated because there was no tour after it.

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: November 23, 2006 23:09

Why not rediscover the 10 unplayed tracks of the much better ABB album?! Or rediscover the seldom played tracks (It Won't Take Long). Isn't it strange to demand for a "Undercover Tour" which is actually called "A Bigger Bang" (with two up to three ABB songs left each night)?

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: November 23, 2006 23:09

It must be a killer!!!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 23, 2006 23:18

Am I the only one who doesn't like his playing on Under My Thumb?

Posted by: DE VULLUSBAND ()
Date: November 23, 2006 23:35

DE VULLUSBAND Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shame they didn't include the Under Cover album in
> the album-segments during the LICKS-Tour. This
> album was always underrated because there was no
> tour after it.
They should have done it at the 40 years anniversary LICKS Tour indeed.
For an ABB show minimally 5 songs should be included. They only did this once on the entire ABB-TOUR in Vienna (Wien), Osterreich.
The Phoenix pre-tour show was also ABB worthy.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: November 23, 2006 23:45

Somehow I think it would be wierd hearing Mick sing "Some kids go hungry, some overeat" during a show....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2006 00:23

It Must Be Hell would be nice enough, but as its basically a retread of Soul Survivor - which is also a song theyve never played - they may as well play that one instead as its better known and far superior.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 24, 2006 03:57

They should play Soul Survivor, It Must Be Hell and Rock & A Hard Place, its the same riff.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 24, 2006 05:07

Had It With You, Flight 505, Dance Little Sister... I'll take a million other rockers over It Must Be Hell or Dear Doctor. Parachute Woman and Jigsaw Puzzle get tossed out yet Chuck wants to consider Dear Doctor?!? Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad the guy is on board. The sound guys have done a good job of not having him so prominent in the mix so now we're able to appreciate his great playing for what it is. He also does a great job at digging up tunes we dig. Here's hoping he keeps workin at it!

-Drake

Date: November 24, 2006 06:15

Strange great album it is....glad all over they are goin back to it...ABB is lost...It took Undercover 23 years...so ...Jagger 83 years doing ABB..forget about that!

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: November 24, 2006 09:16

Imagine It Must be Hell, I Go Wild and She Saw Me Coming (or Look What the Cat Dragged In) played in a row!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 24, 2006 10:08

I'd certainly like to hear It Must Be Hell.

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:09

It sure would be great for Mick to announce a "country song" and then have them launch into Dear Doctor. I'd also love to see them toss in Jigsaw Puzzle somewhere before they stop touring.

Being a 60's buff, I hope to hear new live versions of Lady Jane, Mother's Little Helper, and Have You Seen Your Mother ...... before I die.

I consider the modern touring era to be 1989 - present, and if you consider all the different songs they've done during this period, it really is quite an impressive list.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: rubycatgirl ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:14

"...I said we...we are heaven bound...!"

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:45

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Had It With You, Flight 505, Dance Little
> Sister... I'll take a million other rockers over
> It Must Be Hell

It Must Be Hell is a far better song than those songs mentioned.

IMO, It Must Be Hell (especially the last few minutes when the percussion comes in) is the greatest ending to an album since Moonlight Mile. This song would work great live.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-24 11:47 by it's_all_wrong.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 24, 2006 12:40

I agree with those who can live without It Must Be Hell and point at the fact they have other (better) rockers to choose from which also never get played. I wont name any tunes because tastes are so different but Im sure they know which song would take off in live show. if some months ago someone told me that they could pull off She Was Hot in such convincing way I probably would not believed it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home