Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Definitive list of officially released Bonus tracks???
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 6, 2006 22:17

Sorry if this has been requested already. Somebody out there probably has this and can simply cut & paste it here. What's the most current? (thanks)

Re: Definitive list of officially released Bonus tracks???
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: November 6, 2006 22:37

Bonus tracks? You mean, like "Angie" on the Japanese No Security? Or non-album b-sides?

The Stones don't give no stinkin' bonus tracks!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 6, 2006 22:39

Skipping the sixties because of the confusion over Decca/London packaging and remixes and alternate versions, it would be as follows:

STICKY FINGERS: Let It Rock (UK Brown Sugar EP track)
EXILE: Exile on Main Street Blues (UK NME flexidisc only)
IORR: Through the Lonely Nights (IORR 45 B-side)
SOME GIRLS: Everything is Turning To Gold (Shattered B-side)
EMOTIONAL RESCUE: If I Was a Dancer (12" single)
STILL LIFE: Beast of Burden [live] (Going to a Go-Go B-side)
UNDERCOVER: Think I'm Going Mad (She Was Hot B-side only)

from the CD era...
STEEL WHEELS: Fancy Man Blues, Cook Cook Blues, Wish I'd Never Met You
FLASHPOINT: I Just Want To Make Love To You, Play With Fire, 2000 Light Years, Street Fighting Man, Gimme Shelter, Tumbling Dice, Undercover, and Harlem Shuffle
VOODOO LOUNGE: The Storm, So Young, Jump On Top Of Me, I'm Gonna Drive
STRIPPED: Honest I Do, Gimme Shelter, Live With Me, Tumbling Dice, All Down the Line, Angie (on BRIGES Japanese import only), and Black Limousine
BRIDGES TO BABYLON: Any Way You Look At It
NO SECURITY: I Just Want To Make Love To You (on NO SECURITY Japanese import only, the one on RARITIES is actually the FLASHPOINT bonus track mislabelled)
FORTY LICKS: Hurricane (on 2005 Red Cross charity single only)
LIVE LICKS: If You Can't Rock Me (on LIVE LICKS Japanese import only), Hand of Fate (on Biggest Mistake 45 only), Before They Make Me Run (on Biggest Mistake CD single), Dance (on Biggest Mistake CD single), and Through and Through (on RARITIES only)
A BIGGER BANG: Under the Radar and Don't Wanna Go Home (on BIGGER BANG Special Edition only)

Date: November 6, 2006 22:44

JuanTCB wrote: Bonus tracks? You mean, like "Angie" on the Japanese No Security? Or non-album b-sides?

The Stones don't give no stinkin' bonus tracks!
yes..all that stuff. they released a bunch of bonus tracks (live & studio) in the Steel Wheels thru Voodoo Lounge days. Most recently...live versions of Dance (pt1) and Before They Make Me Run....on Biggest Mistake cd single.

usually they release these on German or UK cd-singles.

the recently released RARITIES '71-'03 was a sampling of such releases (b-sides & live tracks etc...)

Was there an extra track on the Japanese Live Licks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-06 22:45 by sweet neo con.

Date: November 6, 2006 22:51

Thanks RockyDijon...got all of those except Hurricane and the Biggest Mistake tracks.....and If You Can't Rock Me (Live Licks). I checked the track listing for Live Licks on iTune Japan...and I didn't see IF YOU CAN'T ROCK ME. (??)

Is IYCRM and the live tracks from the Biggest Mistake cds...the same as the Four Flicks dvd?

Date: November 6, 2006 22:58

There are also lots of remixes as well, but that's a whole 'nother story.

But to add a couple to Rocky's excellent list, Out Of Control (live remix) which is actually from MSG '98. It's on the promo-only Out Of Control single.

Also, the commercial CD single for I Go Wild has the live version from the Miami PPV, Nov. '94.

Date: November 6, 2006 23:00

"If You Can't Rock Me" is edited but not butchered like "Rocks Off" on LIVE LICKS. It sounds better on CD than ripped from DVD to my ears. I believe the three tracks from the BIGGEST MISTAKE vinyl and CD singles are intact. They are the same versions as on LIVE LICKS but again, I think they sound better than when I rip audio from the DVD. "If You Can't Rock Me" is on the Japanese LIVE LICKS, but possibly not available on iTUNES as it is a bonus track for the CD.

Date: November 6, 2006 23:01

Was the HONEST I DO from HOPE FLOATS soundtrack the same as the Stripped version?

Updated MISS YOU from Austin Powers Goldmember sndtrk.

Are they still selling HURRICANE at the ABB shows? I didn't see it at October Chicago show.

Date: November 6, 2006 23:14

The HONEST I DO from HOPE FLOATS is the only official release of the STRIPPED outtake that appears on various boots. Sorry for not clarifiying.
I didn't include the remix of MISS YOU because I left out all remixes...if you want to know which ones, I can take a crack at it. I don't believe HURRICANE is still available through the Red Cross or at shows.

Date: November 6, 2006 23:23

thanks Rocky...no need to post remixes unless someone else is interested.
i think i have all the remixes.

i have the ABB Special Edition DVD but I wish they'd put UNDER THE RADAR and DON'T WANNA GO HOME as bonus trks on a cd. I used iMic to "rip" them from the dvd.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 6, 2006 23:42

> NO SECURITY: I Just Want To Make Love To You (on
> NO SECURITY Japanese import only, the one on
> RARITIES is actually the FLASHPOINT bonus track
> mislabelled)

I thought so! Also, the version of Live With Me on Rarities is from the Wild Horses Stripped single, not from No Security. Which is a really stupid mislabelling because the 95 version IS more of a rarity.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 7, 2006 10:54

Rocky Dijon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Skipping the sixties because of the confusion over
> Decca/London packaging and remixes and alternate
> versions.

I really don't get why Decca don't release a compilation of all those obscure b-sides. They should release the two albums they're missing from the sixties catalogue too. Whenever I write them about it they won't answer.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 7, 2006 15:37

You can get everything from ABKCO provided you're willing to buy the Singles box sets on top of all the SACD reissues. Sadly, they'll never do a nice package like The Beatles' Past Masters to round up everything in one or two compilations or even consider adding bonus tracks in chronological sequence like The Who and The Kinks' 60s back catalog.

Date: November 7, 2006 15:56

Damn straight, Rocky - ABKCO could have done so much more with the reissues. They're an improvement over the '80s ones, sure, and it's great to finally have the UK Buttons, Heads, and Aftermath, but after picking up the first round of Rhino's new Monkees reissues (hold the jokes, please!), the Stones stuff pales.

For each Monkees album, you get a 2 CD digipack with:

- the entire album in the original stereo mix
- the entire album in the original mono mix
- a great booklet
- about 60 minutes of bonus tracks
- everything is sourced from first generation tapes, not references or anything inferior - it sounds like it was recorded yesterday

Of course, at least the Stones got some improvement - Beatles fans have been stuck with inferior product for going on twenty years, and that's probably the most highly regarded musical catalogue of the 20th century. Inexcusable.

Date: November 7, 2006 16:18

No jokes at The Monkees' expense here. For every crap bubblegum song, there was a decent pop song, a garage band classic, or a Nesmith country rock gem. They and Paul Revere and The Raiders are needlessly slagged off because of perceived lack of hipness.

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: November 7, 2006 17:34

two more tracks: one with bb king and one with chieftains

Date: November 7, 2006 17:39

Harry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> two more tracks: one with bb king and one with
> chieftains

Good call. Wasn't there another artist they backed up in the late '90s?

Was it Scotty Moore? I'm drawing a blank.

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: November 7, 2006 17:41

I think there was only Richards and Wood on that Scotty Moore thing

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 7, 2006 20:09

I think one could definetly add the "Pay Pack and Follow" album by John Phillips if we're getting into extra curricular activities.
Keith and Ronnie also did those two albums with that band that went nowhere. One of those big question marks in Stones history. The Dirty Strangers.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: November 7, 2006 20:18

extra curriculars? ok...mick (& keith too?) contributed to a Peter Wolf album. And Keith and aretha franklin re-did JJF....etc etc.etc....

Date: November 7, 2006 21:12

extra curriculars? Woody's first solo album as well as Gimme Some Neck would certainly qualify. What about New Barbarians?

Posted by: untajoenlaweb ()
Date: April 26, 2011 19:49

Hello!
I'm from argentina, I need the song "Angie (live)" from Bridges to babylon (japan).
you send me?
thanks
leandro

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: April 26, 2011 20:35

Posted by: untajoenlaweb ()
Date: April 26, 2011 21:36

Hello!
I'm from argentina, I need the song "Angie (live)" from Bridges to babylon (japan).
you send me LINK?
thanks
leandro

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 26, 2011 22:13

untajoenlaweb
Hello!
you send me LINK?
thanks
leandro
How about you go buy?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 23:20

I've scratched my head sometimes thinking, "Why didn't they have a crap song like SWEET NEOCON on the special edition ABB as a bonus song and have a much better song like DON'T WANNA GO HOME on the "standard" ABB album?"

I like A Bigger Bang but I like both the bonus DON'T WANNA GO HOME and UNDER THE RADAR better than a few songs on the standard ABB.

(P.S. the lyrical content isn't why I don't like SWEET NEO CON. It just too much reminds me of another song I dislike: BACK TO ZERO.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home