Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Taylor's Muse(state of deep playing and Vibrato) with Jagger/Richards Songs
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: November 3, 2006 13:34

Taylor's muse with the stones playing live he rarely looked up and interfaced with keith( who cares) he took those songs live and enriched them.He was a genius using his blues scales and fitting them into jagger/richards pop songs.

One example of a studio song that was done better live is Dancing With Mr D.
Taylor's killer bluesy licks just scream as jagger hands get clammy and wet.

[download.yousendit.com]

Re: Taylor's Muse(state of deep playing and Vibrato) with Jagger/Richards Songs
Date: November 3, 2006 13:36

<One example of a studio song that was done better live is Dancing With Mr D.>

I think most of the songs Taylor played on worked out better live than in the studio. He was given more space at the shows.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 3, 2006 13:36

OpenG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He was a genius using his blues scales and
> fitting them into jagger/richards pop songs.

Oh yeah. The Jagger/Richards pop songs. I remember that Brown Sugar and that Midnight Rambler. Some of the poppiest stuff out there.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 3, 2006 13:37

Open G, you dont have to be a lawyer in Real Life?
:-) Kiddin'... Thank ya for uploading!

Date: November 3, 2006 13:44

they were a dirty bluesy rocking band with taylor before then there live shows were about screaming girls and after taylor it was alot of weaving and posing.

thats why taylor is still alive on this forum because the stones have not sounded better since he left. VIBRATO

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 3, 2006 13:48

Ah bless OpenG! You hang in there ya big ol fruitcake!! Long live LIBRATO!!!

Date: November 3, 2006 14:17

OpenG Wrote:
> they were a dirty bluesy rocking band with taylor
> before then there live shows were about screaming
> girls and after taylor it was alot of weaving and
> posing.
>
> thats why taylor is still alive on this forum
> because the stones have not sounded better since
> he left. VIBRATO

@#$%& vibrato.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 3, 2006 14:27

is that possible kent?

Date: November 3, 2006 14:28

@#$%& posing and weaving they are not the band they once were with VIBRATO

you should thank jagger and charlie for carrying the load

Date: November 3, 2006 14:37

So OpenG pal..... which ABB gig did you go to?

Date: November 3, 2006 14:40

pal - none I watched LAG

Date: November 3, 2006 14:45

I have listened to many of the boots Twick,glasgow etc - I am tired of hearing the same old songs and tired of listening to keith's old sounding RIFFING these
days,he plays the same angular chuck berry riffs and patterns,he now trys and holds the note because he cant play with intensity and fire anymore.Oh know I am going to get killed now,just telling you how i feel,is it me or has jagger's
vocal style got to nice,yeah he is singing great but it sounds to me he is trying to make all his vocals sound to NICE.I prefer when he sang with an attitude like in 1972/1973. I will not comment on the other weaver he trys and
always gets praised by you all.

vibrato

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 3, 2006 15:31

You are certainly not going to get killed OpenG,
just a nice little torturing on this lovely afternoon... ;-)

We cant get the hey-day years back.
Still, the boys are 59-66 years old.

The Berry figures will do for me hundreds years ahead!
And a thousand beyond that!

And I love Taylor!
And I love Ronnie!

Date: November 3, 2006 15:31

OpenG Wrote:
> @#$%& posing and weaving they are not the band
> they once were with VIBRATO

OK. This is the essence of living in the past. "They aren't the band they once were". Congratulations, I think you just found the thinnest argument in the world.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 3, 2006 15:44

While I think Open G's remarks have some validity at least if we limit it to the post 1989 era, I also don't think Mr. Taylor plays as well as he did. Through the 1984 Dylan tour, he played every bit as good as he did with the Stones, since then he's been spotty. His live albums show flashes of brilliance, the same could be said of Richards and Wood, but time and lifestyle catch up with everyone. He's still worth hearing, although my interest has certainly waned just as I still love the Stones, but have no illusion they are as strong now as they were in their prime. What I would say is all concerned are stronger than they have a right to be and we fill stadiums and bars to see them to celebrate what was and the moments where they still retain their greatness.

Date: November 3, 2006 15:53

Rocky Dijon Wrote:
> have no illusion they are as
> strong now as they were in their prime. What I
> would say is all concerned are stronger than they
> have a right to be and we fill stadiums and bars
> to see them to celebrate what was and the moments
> where they still retain their greatness.

They still do very much IMO. It's not like I go to a show to reminisce. For me it ain't no illusion. I KNOW they're just as good if not better. Their best shows was without Taylor (The 1995 club gigs).

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 3, 2006 17:01

Simple answer OpenG, tear yourself away from LAG for a minute, grab a cold beer or three and go to a gig. You just might enjoy yourself. Rock n Roll aint meant to be analysed!!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 3, 2006 17:06

The Stones live still bring an incredible energy to the stage that I have not experienced with any other performer, but it is an energy and charisma that does not easily translate to video or live albums. You have to be there to feel it. However, I don't honestly believe they are as good or better than they were live through 1982. There are moments where the magic is there, but the latterday Stones interest me more when they bother to release new music rather than run through a setlist weighted towards the hits-heavy glory years of 1965-1981. I suspect I would feel differently if the setlist contained a few old gems and focused on treating them as an ongoing band and not living legends. I acknowledge that doing so would likely not have seen them generate well over $1 billion in concert grosses since 1989. Its a trade-off they chose to make, I don't fault their decision, but its not my preference as a fan. Mick Taylor is still a remarkable guitar player, but like his former bandmates, he is largely living in the past and his chops are not as strong as they were from 1969-1984. I'm not knocking any of them, they are all phenomenal performers, but time really doesn't wait for anyone.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 3, 2006 17:51

Rocky Dijon brings up an interesting point: how has Taylor's playing aged?

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: November 3, 2006 18:28

OpenG Wrote:
> Taylor's muse with the stones playing live he
> rarely looked up and interfaced with keith( who
> cares)

In L&G and elsewhere, Taylor seems to be a sympathetic player, both aurally and optically.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: November 4, 2006 04:02

MT sounded and looked pretty good on Mayalls 70th B Day DVD. The simple truth is the guy is an awesome talent. He is a special talent.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: November 4, 2006 07:19

Ok........my opinions....haha like you need anymore......
I wouldn't call the music the Stones were writing before Taylor joined and during his tenor "pop" songs...but......

OpenG said.....<I have listened to many of the boots Twick,glasgow etc - I am tired of hearing the same old songs and tired of listening to keith's old sounding RIFFING these
days,he plays the same angular chuck berry riffs and patterns,he now trys and holds the note because he cant play with intensity and fire anymore.Oh know I am going to get killed now,just telling you how i feel,is it me or has jagger's
vocal style got to nice,yeah he is singing great but it sounds to me he is trying to make all his vocals sound to NICE.I prefer when he sang with an attitude like in 1972/1973. I will not comment on the other weaver he trys and
always gets praised by you all.>

.....uh.......I agree.....seriously. I think the Stones are capable of playing very well, very intense, and let's face it, they do pretty damn good to be in their 60's...but I get bored listening to recent shows too....I get tired of hearing Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, YCAGWYW, JJF, Gimme Shelter, and Start Me Up show after show, playing them the way they play them now, so loose and slack, with their click track giving them the "perfect" tempo. I mean it's just boring. I love hearing all those songs in concerts from other tours, especially from the 70's, even when they were sloppy and out of tune. At least they were exciting to listen to.....this being said, I know they're well past their prime and I don't want to start a discussion about the Stones not being as good as they once were. I do like the Taylor years the best but I do like lots of things that they've done with Ronnie..but I agree with what OpenG said....even if some people (nobody in particular) think its' sacrelige haha.....

Posted by: gdgbd ()
Date: November 4, 2006 08:00

My view is that for a short couple of years in those live shows, the perfect blend of dangerous attitude, guitar tone, attacking rhythm and melody came together in a way never seen before or since. Amazing - but will we ever hear anything like it again?

That's why its so great to keep dipping in to the tracks from this era posted on this site - its like the goose that lays a golden egg every day.
Now if only some of the good quality Australian tour 1973 shows would come up. Never heard Perth or Melbourne shows yet.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: November 4, 2006 08:44

Bigfrankie wrote:
MT sounded and looked pretty good on Mayalls 70th B Day DVD. The simple truth is the guy is an awesome talent. He is a special talent.

Yeah, I thought so too. He left EC in the dust as well. The other guy in Mayall's band was very good as well.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: November 4, 2006 13:48

Open G is dead right as always.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home