Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 2007
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 1, 2006 02:24

BV, you don't think they will return to South America as was originally planned for december this year?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 1, 2006 02:29

i emailed Chuck

me hopes there may be a sniff of one last visit

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 1, 2006 18:26

I did digest that "shot an elk and put it back"-thing, Bv.
And I would not dream about question your inside info-position.

But: your geographical definition: Dubai - "Close to Europe"...
Spiritually, maybe, but geographically - hardly?

Hope they wanna explore the forest belt of Northern Europe closer
instead of playing for the oil sheiks. I could show Mick some
good elk hunting hideaways.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 1, 2006 19:07

Dubai is not Europe of course but it is certainly not closer to Japan or Argentina. What I am trying to say - please don't twist my words - is that Dubai may be part of the 2007 part, like they have been planning for a long time. I do know the map. I have travelled most of these places. Europe ends in Istanbul, Asia starts there, Arabia is pretty close there, and Africa is south west. OK?

Bjornulf

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: November 1, 2006 19:12

That makes Turkey the centre of the world :-)

Re: Tour 2007 updates/comments
Date: November 1, 2006 19:27

More like the bridge between Europe and Asia.
[eol.jsc.nasa.gov]
Istanbul, Turkey: The crossroads of Europe and Asia

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 1, 2006 19:33

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . I do know the map.
> I have travelled most of these places.

hey man, dont rub it in.... winking smiley

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 1, 2006 20:01

...... this is crazy,, ya thinkin the train is full of steam an rollin' down the track like it use too...

.... they shoulda just produced there own tv show,, once a week everyone in the world could've seen em... run that one thru your head.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: November 1, 2006 21:16

Sad that they may be going out of America with a whimper instead of a bang (or bigger bang). They are playing the wrong sized arenas, at the wrong pricing, with too many shows, too close together...not to mention it's a tough time of year to stay healthy if you're 30 let alone 60+.

I hope the drop Cohl, give up the greed, charge reasonal ticket prices for all the seats, and play venues where they can be seen and heard at their optimum.

The best part of most shows is the second stage. They don't need to bother with the huge production values, that drive up prices and make logistics more difficult.

I hope they make it back to America, play 18,000 seat hockey arenas, charge $100 for a top ticket, and create a positive BUZZ again about their shows. (It'll never happen...but I can dream).

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 1, 2006 23:49

About the elk/moose thing, elks and moose are two different animals. They are often in the same or simmilar areas, but different animals

an Elk

a Moose

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: November 2, 2006 00:08

Thanks cali.....I too noticed the previous misunderstanding.

Either way, I'm sure it was a hoot to see Jagger shoot one of these beasts, then PUT IT BACK.

Date: November 2, 2006 00:42

Elks are nice animals. They are vegetarians acutally. My collegue got one of those over his car last week, and he is lucky to be alive. He did the famous fast turn any car in my country need to handle if you want to survive. The elk is by the way a central part of the Canadian Stones tour t-shirt. They can only live in Scandinavia, Canada, North USA and Russian areas because of the way their stomack is built. So they will not be able to enjoy any Stones show in Argentina - that is for sure. But Missoula, Bergen, Ottawa, Moncton, Halifax and a few more places for sure. Probably St Petersburg too, next year...

Bjornulf

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 2, 2006 00:46

Erik Snow is going to be so mad that he missed a discussion about elk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-02 00:58 by ohnonotyouagain.

Date: November 2, 2006 01:16

Is it pretty common to see elk and moose meat in the grocery stores in Norway and other northern countries? How does it taste? Does anyone ever try to ride these animals?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 2, 2006 01:40

can we please now forget about a !@#$%%^&&* tour in 2007?-----geez......they are 189 years old......sigh...lets enjoy what we had...and the great memories....lets ALL give it up......

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 2, 2006 01:49

My stepdad who is originally from Montana says we might have elk for Thanksgiving.

Date: November 2, 2006 01:57

Dan, would that be here in L.A. or are you going to a northern state for Thanksgiving? I haven't heard of elk being served here.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 2, 2006 02:22

It will be in Palmdale but last I heard he was trying to get some sent down from Montana. Of course, Thanksgiving with the family might come at the expense of the Dodger Stadium show because the Metrolink doesn't run on Saturdays! I got a little Satisfaction last night though at the Devo concert last night. 2nd row behind the pit for $25!!!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home