Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Stones being sued for concert cancellation
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 1, 2006 00:38

funny how the only ones giving the stones a pass on this are the ones who scored beacon tix, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 1, 2006 00:59

I'm a fan first and foremost and the idea of suing is plain silly I'm sure the back of the ticket says they can cancel anytime.

If there is another tour - and that's a big if - however I think a lot of people have learnt a leson from all the postponements and cancellations this time around. They may buy the ticket but I suspect airlines and hotels will wait till the very last minute.

Having said that, it still wouldn't have prevented the Atlantic City debacle. 4 hours really is cutting it fine!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 1, 2006 01:06

exhpart Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm a fan first and foremost and the idea of suing
> is plain silly I'm sure the back of the ticket
> says they can cancel anytime.
>
is
>

i just checked the back of my ticket from the Hollywood bowl show last year.....took a magnifyin glass to read the ultra-fine print.....and i didn't notice a mention of "the band can cancel".....that's not to say it isn't printed somewhere else as a disclaimer

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: November 1, 2006 01:32

I would'nt count on it I highly doubt this person will get one penney.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 1, 2006 02:08

Melbourne Herald Sun - 1 Nov 2006

ROCKMAN

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 1, 2006 02:40

... classic..... the advertising/pubilicity from this is priceless for the stones,,, good for them!

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 1, 2006 02:41

________ yeah, i know, some of ya think its an inside job................

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 1, 2006 03:22

I'm just wondering, the article says she LOST $300 on hotel reservations, but didn't she stay in the hotel? So isn't it technically not lost? Still sucks, but at that price it must have been a nice room,

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: November 1, 2006 03:25

i actually think the stones could lose this..

its one thing to cancel the morning of show but ticketmaster only alerted buyers at 4:16 pm... for a show at 6:30 pm thats not acceptable.. and its not good enough to say we will refund you ticket when people committed their fridays to getting there etc`.. you're talking about lost wages here etc..it adds up..its much more than the ticket...

i agree whenever you see a band they can cancel but there are a couple of special factors at play here such as jagger rehearsing all week, the incredibly late notice which constitutes no notice really (to get to atlantic city from anywhere you would have had to leave before ticketmaster alerted buyers), the fact jagger was out and about the next day, the fact he performed 19 songs two days after having cancelled for throat problems, the fact that the stones have made it clear that they cancelled because "of the importance of the beacon show" (ie. clinton show)....this was communciated to me in an email personally by chuck leavell.. that in itself to me seems to imply some sorta guilt.some sort of wink wink we could have played but there were more important fans/more important situation..

i think fans have a right to seek damages here.. and then it comes down to what a judge rules..at that point anything can happen really...

Date: November 1, 2006 03:31

i will add: its not the fault of the atlantic city ticket buyers that subsequent to them buying tickets the stones decided to schedule a scorsese movie which became of higher importance to the stones.... its fine they have a right to change plans but there is a price to be paid wether its merely a lack of respect from fans who got @#$%& with or losing in a court of law

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 1, 2006 03:34

66 million dollars? And a single person is free to for such an amount? Where's Big Brother...what happened to 1984?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 1, 2006 03:38

sixty six million dollars? does that figure combine punative and compensatory damgages?

This woman must have have a good lawyer, like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-01 03:40 by ryanpow.

Date: November 1, 2006 03:39

well its a class action lawsuit right???this was all discussed earlier in the thread.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: November 1, 2006 03:57

ryanpow Wrote:
> sixty six million dollars? does that figure
> combine punative and compensatory damgages?
>
> This woman must have have a good lawyer, like
> Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

Ryan,

Your knowledge of lesser-known comedy sketches continues to amaze me.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 1, 2006 04:00

cali stones fan Wrote:
> I'm just wondering, the article says she LOST $300
> on hotel reservations, but didn't she stay in the
> hotel? So isn't it technically not lost? Still
> sucks, but at that price it must have been a nice
> room,

Most hotels now require 48 hour cancellation . No show you pay anyway

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 1, 2006 04:04

melillo Wrote:
> funny how the only ones giving the stones a pass
> on this are the ones who scored beacon tix,
> hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I was 300+ miles from my home when I went to Atlantic City . If you read the earlier posts on this topic you'll see I went ballistic on this B*TCH . Of course I had a few beers in me . But I feel the same as yesterday , They're human , they get sick . SH*T HAPPENS , deal with it !!

Date: November 1, 2006 04:08

no, it was done to save the beacon production thats what i feel, you can think what you want

Date: November 1, 2006 04:10

the way i see it i love the stones but can separate my own interests from that... i mean they do things in their own economic interest no? so why can't someone who buys a ticket defend theirs?

its not a question of them being human or not or getting sick..but lets say you get up friday and feel sick.. you know you have to either show up or call in sick immediately.. you don't wait til its past 4 to notify your boss that you won't be making it!

Date: November 1, 2006 04:13

and lets say you are not really THAT sick but on saturday you're going to watch a redskins game so you want to be in good shape for that.. so you call in sick at 4 pm on friday even though you are not realy sick ..you call in sick because your saturday plans are more important... you could have gone to work but you decided to blow it off...

if you had called in sick at 9 am it would have been ok.. someone could have been found to cover your shift..

Date: November 1, 2006 04:58

Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
> >
> Ryan,
>
> Your knowledge of lesser-known comedy sketches
> continues to amaze me.

Yeah, I suprise myself sometimes. Have you ever read the SNL book "Live From New York" by Tom Shales? If not you should check it out. Its a page turner.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 1, 2006 05:08

Will we see Michael Cohl in action, brushing off this class action threat?
or is that not his job?

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 1, 2006 05:42

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Thanks Nik, Reading the comments I see people
> don't understand the Legal system at all. She's
> asking for so much money because it's a CLASS
> ACTION SUIT. That means that, in the end there
> will probably be thousands of people asking for
> compensation for their lost time and expenses.
> This will apply to the entire tour including those
> that went to Europe last summer. In the end NO ONE
> is going to get that kind of money. They'll be
> lucky to get back what they lost. The Lawyer will
> make off like a bandit but that's how the system
> is set up, for all the sharks out there, they
> could be Lawyers or they could be in charge of
> Organizing Rock Tours...their bite is the same...

I'm repeating the above from page 2 cause I see many don't understand how it works. It's like buying a carpet in ISTANBUL. You offer a crazy low price and the shop owner counters with a crazy high price. If you love the carpet in about an hour or 2 you have an agreement (and a new carpet). I'm not a fan of America's lawsuit mentality but I think Michael Cohl needs someone to stick a fire cracker up his ass. I understand Jagger is human and gets sick (DON"T PLAY OUTDOORS WHEN WINTER IS APPROACHING !!) but to CANCEL Hawaii at this moment, for no other reason than sales are VERY slow is rediculous. People ALREADY have bought Airline tickets (About $500.00 r/t from LA to Honolulu) Hotel reservations (at least $300.00 a night at a 4 star on the beach - Sheraton Hotel for example) Food, Rent a Car...it gets VERY expensive. And now people are stuck with that and no more concert? Someone has to eat the costs and it should be the one who made a promise for a show and then reversed that peomise. Don't worry, Jagger will still be able to afford that second home in Mustique for his GF. Keith will still have the cash to buy another 1000 guitars - so please don't fret, really, they'll survive somehow...You won't see Michael Cohl selling Bootleg DVD's of LADIES AND GENTLEMEN next to the Kensington Tube Station anytime soon so put your worry beads and crucifixs away, the boys are gonna be ALRIGHT.......(so will the next 20 generations of Jagger's and Richard's bloodline. That is if the world is still around)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-01 06:08 by MicksBrain.

Date: November 1, 2006 05:44

this has to be the last tour, cause they wont be forgivin for this one

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: November 1, 2006 06:00

ryanpow Wrote:
> Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > Ryan,
> >
> > Your knowledge of lesser-known comedy sketches
> > continues to amaze me.
>
>
> Yeah, I suprise myself sometimes. Have you ever
> read the SNL book "Live From New York" by Tom
> Shales? If not you should check it out. Its a page
> turner.

A friend of mine who did Second City with me said that it was more a look at the business side of SNL, and not the creative stuff. I'd prefer to read the book Belushi, by John's widow, Judith Belushi-Pisano. But what the heck, I'll give 'em both a shot.

Date: November 1, 2006 06:11

its basiccally just compiled interviews. Your friend is right, its not really about the creative side so much, but its still fascinating. But I aslo, its more than just about business. Its a lot of behind the scenes drama. More drama for yo' momma...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-01 07:13 by ryanpow.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: November 1, 2006 06:56

melillo Wrote:
> this has to be the last tour, cause they wont be
> forgivin for this one

yep, last tour.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 1, 2006 07:01

i've lost $500 in the last 24 hours with two new flights i've had to buy (to stay in NY long enough and to see the new oakland date). wated almost $200 on AC hotel and car. and probably some respect from my clients in chicago - i've had to reschedule appointments.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 1, 2006 10:58

I got this on e-mail. Downright laughable.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: November 1, 2006 15:14

I hope at this point the "forgiving ones" (>people do get sick<, etc.) begin to see MicksBrain's and Stoned_in_dc's thoughtful points more clearly (whether they are willing to admit it or not).

The "Rolling Stones Organization" is reminding me more and more of that blobbish Buddha-type monster those alien planet inhabitants worship, feed and entertain in Star War. No matter WHAT he's doing... Just "more power to him"!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 1, 2006 15:22

What??? The Rolling Stones have become Jabba The Hutt?

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home