Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: NEW Rolling Stone Mag. - Keith Talks 2007 Plans - No Plans for ABB Tour Expansion
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:48

I think the Stones should come home to me and play where I live for the rest of my life. I am not selfish. I am just very practical.

Bjornulf

Re: NEW Rolling Stone Mag. - Keith Talks 2007 Plans - No Plans for ABB Tour Expansion
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:56

The Stones wouldn't end their career in Hawaii I think. London is way more obvious.

A Winos tour sounds great. I always wished to see this band. They're so.... I guess the word I'm looking for is "urban" or something.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 25, 2006 11:08

What's the point of scaring people out of their wits like this?

You always have to read papers with a pinch of salt. Especially when it comes to quotes. People aren't often quoted word for word. And things aint always supposed to be an official statement. You maybe just speak sloppy. Especially if you maybe aren't sober all the time.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 25, 2006 13:34

Thommie, is your comment meant for me? What are you scared of? If they're gonna tour till the end of Nov. Take a Xmas break As usual, Tour India and Thailand/Bangkok, work on a new album (according to Jagger) and do 40 dates in Europe in the summer of 2007 AND Keith wants to regroup with the Wino's that sounds pretty ambitious to me. Who's not sober? (What are you talking about? I haven't had a beer for days...or wine...or anything else) It's called a sense of humor/joking around, look into it, it's not THAT mysterious......

PS Yeah, no talk of ABB TOUR expansion beyond what's already been stated or rumored, That's - INDIA/THAILAND/EUROPE IN THE SUMMER

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 25, 2006 13:38

ohoh

time to get another cc and make plans to go to honolulu..

damn..

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: October 25, 2006 13:40

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tour India and
> Thailand/Bangkok, work on a new album (according
> to Jagger) and do 40 dates in Europe in the summer
> of 2007.

According to Jagger? A new album??? True?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 25, 2006 13:40

old band=new barbarians?? woody just did release buried alive...

Date: October 25, 2006 13:41

bv Wrote:
> I think the Stones should come home to me and play
> where I live for the rest of my life. I am not
> selfish. I am just very practical.

lol, if that ever happens i buy the apartment next to yours and will visit you everyday tongue sticking out smiley

Date: October 25, 2006 13:47

Yeah Kent, Jagger (or Keith) talked about it - doing a new album - in the Rolling Stone Mag - the one before this very new one. Jagger is VERY GOOD friends with Jann Wenner (RS Mag owner) so Jann Always gets some Stones news in every issue if he can even though RS is now meant for a younger readership. I think the friendship helps the Stones out a lot, keeps them in the Pop lime light more than any other classic rock bands.....

Date: October 25, 2006 13:53

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Yeah Kent, Jagger (or Keith) talked about it -
> doing a new album - in the Rolling Stone Mag - the
> one before this very new one. Jagger is VERY GOOD
> friends with Jann Wenner (RS Mag owner) so Jann
> Always gets some Stones news in every issue if he
> can even though RS is now meant for a younger
> readership. I think the friendship helps the
> Stones out a lot, keeps them in the Pop lime light
> more than any other classic rock bands.....

I think it was Keith right? The IORR news said some days ago that Keith had said that there quite possibly could be a new album out next year, but that was news to Mick. The tour plans for next year I think are pretty solid rumors.

If this is indeed the last we'll hear from them as a band, which I don't think it is, then "the new album" could be a collection of covers. That would round things off in the best way. OK, maybe with the first and the last track composed by The Stones.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 25, 2006 14:20

MicksBrain Wrote:
> NOVEMBER 22 is a spooky day in History:
>
> Last Stones show EVER, 2006?

What kind of nonsens is that? I think you speculate too much.

I think there will be an European tour 2007. But there hasn't been PROMISED anything. We just have to wait and see for a month or maybe two.
I was meaning Keith isn't sober all the time. And Mick on the other hand often speaks very contradictory.

Always hard to know what's going on.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 25, 2006 14:23

Charlie says there will be tour. He is a reliable guy.
Same goes for Björnulf.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2006 14:38

Jed Clever Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jed Clever Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Who's to say Keith won't do something like
> > Jerry
> > > Lee or Hubert Sumlin and have a bunch of
> guest
> > > spotters on HIS new album?
> >
> > Ok...I'll say it
>
>
> O.K., Gazza, I forgot you're a @#$%&' genius, and
> a would- be know it all!

I dont claim to 'know' anything - let alone 'all'

sense of humour failure, Jed, old son? You asked a question. Like I said, I dont think it'll happen. No need to be an obnoxious dickhead over it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-25 14:38 by Gazza.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: October 25, 2006 14:51

i'v just read on polish portal onet.pl that polish promotor received proposition Stones show in May 2007( and Genesis with Collins in June). The Gig would be in Chorzow ( like in 1998 )on Stadion Slaski ( sater would be happy)

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: October 25, 2006 14:51

The last Stones show ever could be at Wembley stadium late August 2007. The European tour WILL happen, there are no doubts anymore, except Keith dies or something like that.

Date: October 25, 2006 15:00

beast of burgk Wrote:
> The last Stones show ever could be at Wembley
> stadium

Change the "could" to "should" and you've got yourself a deal. Of course hey should end it all here (Or maybe in a club close to where they started out).

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 25, 2006 15:23

change "should" to "may very well be"..!

Date: October 25, 2006 15:30

Gazza Wrote:
> change "should" to "may very well be"..!

I didn't know it was THAT certain, but if you say so I think it may very well be correct.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 25, 2006 15:35

I wasnt suggesting that it was 'certain' but my own personal opinion is that it could well be.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 25, 2006 15:45

It should be noted Mick has said he started writing songs after the European tour this year and would like to write songs next year when they're off the road. That doesn't necessarily mean for a new Stones album. When Mick started writing songs in 1999 and 2000, it was initially assumed it was for a new Stones album (complete with rumors of Rodney Jerkins and Fatboy Slim producing), but instead it was for Goddess in the Doorway. He could pull out another solo album or another soundtrack like Alfie. Sure, they sell less than a new Stones album, but he doesn't have the obligation of a world tour to promote them when a showcase concert and a few TV appearances will suffice.

I believe OldKR on StonesDoug's site that Keith has made plenty of private recordings over the last few years that a few people have heard, but since I don't think a Sinatra-style duets album with special guests Norah Jones, Al Green, and Sheryl Crow singing with Keith would have the necessary commercial appeal. Keith's solo compositions tend to be too rough for proper duets and a Keith and friends sing Hoagy Carmichael and other old chestnuts album does not seem likely no matter how much we cherish his solo spotlight with the Stones or at the odd charity event. Keith's ego won't allow for him to sign with a label like Koch or SPV and I don't think Virgin or any other major would be tripping over themselves to release another rough and tumble Winos jam album when the man is in his 60s and the Stones' CD sales are declining. I love the Stones and the Winos, but I don't see much chance of Keith solo unless its two or three songs on a possible future Stones album or a guest spot with Willie, Norah, or Sheryl somewhere along the way. He stands a better chance of continuing to play "Keith Richards" in film and television cameos than he does of relaunching his solo career. I would be overjoyed to be proved wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Its a question of the marketplace and where he and Jane Rose envision him, not of chops or health.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 25, 2006 16:00

I think [or at least hope] that we will see some solo recording and live work from Keith in the near future.
In the pre-Wino days he used to say that he'd never done any solo work because he didn't "think it would be what folk expected of him."
He then did the Wino's stuff...which was very much what folks would expect... and every bit as good as they'd expect.
These days he seems much more comfortable allowing the world to share his tastes in the gentle country and "torch" songs he does so well. I want to hear this stuff..and I'm sure plenty of other folks do too.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 25, 2006 16:09

Rocky Dijon Wrote:
> Keith's ego won't allow for him to sign with a label like Koch or SPV and I don't think Virgin or any other major would be tripping over themselves to release another rough and tumble Winos jam album when the man is in his 60s and the Stones' CD sales are declining.

He can release it on his own label, Mindless Records.

Date: October 25, 2006 16:56

Kent, yeah it was when Keith said the Stones were gonna work on a new album and Jagger said something like Oh, well Keith will tell me eventually (about a new album) Something like that ...Jagger was kinda being half sarcastic or whatever

Thommie, Thommie, Thommie,...all that stuff is just goofing around. You think I listen to what "Magic 8 Balls" say? Even BV left a little kinda slightly jokey comment...

Like I know when the Stones are gonna end...All I know is you're more likely to die or become an invalid in your 60's or 70's then in your 20's or 30's SO the older they get the more delicate the whole thing gets. Look at the Who or Beatles, only 2 left from each band...Sh*t happens....People die, The Stones have been VERY lucky and LUCK doesn't last forever.....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 25, 2006 17:05

Mindless Records' one and only release was Wingless Angels in 1997. The disc was distributed by Island Records at the time. Keith has been selling copies on his website for the past two years. I don't think he would go this route for future solo material. Woody may utilize Wooden Records to issue demos and official bootlegs just as Dave Davies of The Kinks does with his Meta Media label, but Keith is in a different stratosphere than those guys. I would assume Mindless Records went the way of Woody's old Slide On label. It was a tax shelter company that served its purpose...to record nyabinghi music for posterity. Keith is hardly likely to go the Santana route and team up with hot young singer-songwriters to sell discs so the question remains would Virgin or any major touch a CD by a sixty-something rock legend famous for his ragged vocals and even more ragged approach to songwriting and arranging? I think it more likely his smokey vocals and retro sound will grace a few more tribute discs and possibly a soundtrack. He may pull off a one-off Winos reunion show similar to Woody's Fiends show last year, but no tour and no new Keith Richards CD is likely as his fame and age have conspired against it. I would place odds on Mick solo CD or soundtrack CD in 2008 or 2009 before I would a new Stones disc. I would also think a Springsteen-like outtakes box with a few new tracks is the more likely scenario for the Stones if they choose to tour again.

Date: October 25, 2006 17:16

Rocky Dijon Wrote:
>
>
> I believe OldKR on StonesDoug's site that Keith
> has made plenty of private recordings over the
> last few years that a few people have heard,

a good friend of mine has heard some of these recordings at first-hand and she told me they were superb, but we're talking about stuff cut in his basement studio which is now five or six years old. Keith's lack of released songwriting output post-BTB doesnt suggest that he's got an abundance of material thats exactly finished let alone releasable.

Posted by: RedlandsRodge ()
Date: October 25, 2006 17:39

Can Mick resist the pull of being first band to play the new Wembley Stadium in May? I think not.

[www.world-of-keith-richards.piczo.com]

Date: October 25, 2006 19:32

Think of the Honolulu show as an insurance policy... if it does indeed wind up being the last show for some strange reason, then you were there. If not then you took a wonderful holiday in paradise...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 27, 2006 14:58

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 27, 2006 15:09

Rocky Dijon Wrote:
-----
> I believe OldKR on StonesDoug's site that Keith
> has made plenty of private recordings over the
> last few years that a few people have heard, but
> since I don't think a Sinatra-style duets album
> with special guests Norah Jones, Al Green, and
> Sheryl Crow singing with Keith would have the
> necessary commercial appeal. Keith's solo
> compositions tend to be too rough for proper duets
> and a Keith and friends sing Hoagy Carmichael and
> other old chestnuts album does not seem likely no
> matter how much we cherish his solo spotlight with
> the Stones or at the odd charity event. Keith's
> ego won't allow for him to sign with a label like
> Koch or SPV and I don't think Virgin or any other
> major would be tripping over themselves to release
> another rough and tumble Winos jam album when the
> man is in his 60s and the Stones' CD sales are
> declining. I love the Stones and the Winos, but I
> don't see much chance of Keith solo unless its two
> or three songs on a possible future Stones album
> or a guest spot with Willie, Norah, or Sheryl
> somewhere along the way. He stands a better chance
> of continuing to play "Keith Richards" in film and
> television cameos than he does of relaunching his
> solo career. I would be overjoyed to be proved
> wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Its a
> question of the marketplace and where he and Jane
> Rose envision him, not of chops or health.

Bad trip? The man has been writing 3 minute-pop songs since 1964.
Rise & Shine :O) !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-27 15:09 by Baboon Bro.

Date: October 27, 2006 15:17

RedlandsRodge Wrote:
> Can Mick resist the pull of being first band to
> play the new Wembley Stadium in May? I think not.
>
>
>
> [www.world-of-keith-richards.piczo.com]

they wont be playing it that early as there wont be a weekend free in May

They 'resisted' the pull of booking the first available date in 2006 because they werent convinced it would be ready in time, which was the main reason why they went for August instead

They may not end up being the FIRST band to perform there (although at the minute I cant think of any major acts scheduled to tour the UK next year who would be capable of filling it) but they WILL be there next summer. Bank on it

I think theyre more interested in ending the tour there than being the first band to play there. With some luck, maybe they'll do both

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2259
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home