Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

We all know--Its getting nearly to the end.
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: October 23, 2006 23:10

maybe--the Stones will do another studio-album or release some of their great concerts on live-Albums, solo-stuff and so on.
I will miss their great stadiĆ¼m-gigs in the future!
sure i will be glad to see some arena-shows with different setlists, but my first Stadium-concert was Anaheim 78. Ever like this great events. It was always a great party--and I like the "Warhorses!! I will miss it in the future!
I saw many gigs of their 73 and 76 european--Tour, but their Stadiums-shows like 81-82--Steel wheels--Voodou--Bridges--Licks ans Abb I will never forget.

Re: We all know--Its getting nearly to the end.
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 23, 2006 23:12

this is the end.............my friend...........saw the anaheim '78 show also.........i remember chaos in the parking lot.........drugs, fights, etc.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 23, 2006 23:12

Moody evening, Havo?

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: October 23, 2006 23:14

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

yawn.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 23, 2006 23:15

Aint over till the blue bus comes around?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2006 23:16

Give me a box and we can join in on this message Sunday Morning at Hyde Park Corner!

Sure time waits for noone, and sure there is a bit of truth in your message, but there are lots of shows and some great new recordings ahead before they wrap up. No need to worry yet. But yes, sure they have more years behind them than to come. Such is life.

Bjornulf

Date: October 23, 2006 23:18

in the infinite wisdom of Yogi Berra (Yankee baseball legend for those overseas)................"iT ai'Nt OveR 'Till IT's oVer"

Bjornulf is a wise sage who sits upon a mountaintop of old Reader's Digests and eats Cup of Ramen whilst musing on the importance of the jockstrap.

Get. This. Man. His. Box.

NOW.

All, I wanted to say--that I will miss their Stadium-gigs

Date: October 23, 2006 23:21

Havo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All, I wanted to say--that I will miss their
> Stadium-gigs

and you unintentionally opened up a floodgate of contradictions

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 23, 2006 23:30

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend
The end of our elaborate plans
The end of everything that stands
The end

No safety or surprise
The end
I'll never look into your eyes again

Date: October 24, 2006 00:12

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Havo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All, I wanted to say--that I will miss their
> > Stadium-gigs
>
>
> and you unintentionally opened up a
> floodgate of contradictions

Ha ha ha, funniest thing I've heard all day, Len.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: October 24, 2006 04:28

Be careful what you say on this board Havo......which you probably already know ........somebody will take a statement and turn it into to something else that you didn't mean (not calling out anybody in particular, several posters have done this). Thread's tend to turn into different subjects too.....

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 24, 2006 04:56

Is this the end? Good, then it's a glorious end: Great performances during another one successful tour, enthousiastic crowds, after a marvelous studio album. Are they ending their career? Good, they are ending it being so proud, being so popular, being ...themselves: the Stones...

So enjoy the european tour 2007 and don't worry. When the Stones will stop rolling on stadiums and studios, they' ll roll even faster in our blood and in our souls. For the time being, we can ask just one thing from them: "Keep on rocking for while, guys... We need it"...

That's what i feel...

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: October 24, 2006 05:41

JumpingJackFrash, you gave me a good laugh!! I want a box too.

Date: October 24, 2006 05:44

[www.prozac.com]

you can't catch me!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 24, 2006 06:26

Notorious, how is that Prozac stuff? (I didn't do too well on the test. It said with my score I should lay on the floor, call 911, order an ambulance, and wait for pick up to the hospital for at least 90 days of observation....is that bad?)

Date: October 24, 2006 08:14

Havo does have a point and that's why I urge you all to get to Honolulu Hawaii for the last show of this leg of the North American tour. Yeah, sure...they might/will probably play some Euro-gigs in 2007, but why chance it? What if? Yeah?

Besides ...there are PLENTY of tickets available for the 11/22/06 show!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 24, 2006 11:48

These guys are getting better with age.No doubt they will do gigs where they are all sat down throughout the performance playing some blues songs.Just going back to their roots.I think we have got some great stuff to look forward to.I am still hoping a Time out of mind return to form.Not to mention possible collaborations with Mick Talyor,I just know this is going to happen.I can see it in the stars.......

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 24, 2006 16:09

There's a bit of me that sort of wishes they would wind down a little...but it's not because I think they're past their best. [They change and evolve and in some respects probably do get better, as Stargroover would have it.]

It's because I'm of that breed that's probably first and foremost a Keith Richards fan. [i'm NOT one of those lunatics who think the sun shines out of Keith arse and the rest of the band are shit ;^) ].

The stones have worked so continuously over the last 10 or 15 years that there's been no need or opportunitry for any significant solo output from KR.

I want to hear some of the stuff that Keith has in him before he really is too old to do it justice.
We wouldn't get another TIC or MO [great though they were], we'd probably get the mixture of Keith style country and torch songs that he's increasingly comfortable sharing with the world.
I want to hear it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-24 18:51 by Spud.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 24, 2006 18:11

Even if Mick decides to sing a duet with a fat lady as the closer to their next album, it might not be the end.

Date: October 24, 2006 18:16

just read ma thread----I was talking about their stadium--gigs!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home