Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticket Broker Question
Posted by: PedroThePimp ()
Date: October 20, 2006 22:18

OK!!

I got the ok from my wife and she will allow me to go see the Stones in Austin on Sunday. (show #4 for me this tour!)

There are many ticket brokers on the internet that have good reserved seats already below face value.

So I am wondering if I wait until tomorrow to buy tickets.

Will they get cheaper?

And then the big question....how will they get them to me?

Or is today the last day to buy them from a broker?

Re: Ticket Broker Question
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 20, 2006 22:34

Sometimes they send them as an attachment to an email. Established brokers will guarantee that it will work.

On Tuesday in Seattle, I bought a ticket in front of the stadium for 1/4 face value. Lots of people (probably brokers) were trying to unload lots of tickets. It was a buyers market.

Date: October 20, 2006 22:42

I am hoping that will be the case for Austin!!!

Hope to get @ bleacher seats for under $200 each

Posted by: Richard Deaner ()
Date: October 20, 2006 22:52

Many times brokers are located near the venue and it's not too difficult for you to pick them up before the show or they will often make arrangements to meet you, sometimes at your hotel. Some of them have arrangements with the box office of the venue for you to pick the tix up there. That's why some of them won't come down on a price. I would definitely check with TM or the box office when you get to the show on tickets before I bought from one of the brokers, unless they have exactly what you want at a price that you are comfortable with. Doing that does give you more party time! Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-20 22:54 by Richard Deaner.

Date: October 20, 2006 23:17

You should be able to get bleacher seats for way under $200.

On Monday, I went on ebay and I could have gotten a good floor seat near the front for $150.00. I offered $100, but he didn't take it. The day of show, it was down to $89. The closer to show time, the lower brokers will go.

Date: October 20, 2006 23:21

I hope so.

Its going to be a B E A U TIFUL night in AUSTIN!!!!!!!

Date: October 20, 2006 23:24

Section B row 13 $195 at Ticketsnow

RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Posted by: scelsa ()
Date: October 20, 2006 23:24

Do NOT buy from a scalper. Get it from a real seller in front of the stadium right before the show and negotiate a "below cost" price AND make the seller walk with you to the ticket scanner to ensure it's real

Posted by: thor ()
Date: October 20, 2006 23:28

I bought a couple of the Radio Shack employee tickets. The area directly in front of the stage is reserved for them....quite a large area too.

Date: October 20, 2006 23:31

I saw those

There was actuall4 and they were $100 each....on a broker site....wnet to look at them a few hours later and they were gone.

There are also some on e-bay

Posted by: thor ()
Date: October 20, 2006 23:35

Im sure there will be some more at the show....from the map of the venue that i received it appears that there are a few thousand employee tickets out there..

Date: October 21, 2006 01:40

Yeah, the guy I bought the ticket from actually went in with me, as he had a ticket, too. I paid him after we got in!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 21, 2006 04:05

Yeah it's risky from a scalper. I just saw Notre dame college football tickets were fake from a scalper. He was caught outside the stadium after unloading 200 fake tickets at 600 each!That's 120,000 dollars cash!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1411
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home