Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
She Was Hot Played In Chicago
Date: October 12, 2006 05:11

It was about time.Hopefully we'll hear this in Atlantic City as well.

Re: She Was Hot Played In Chicago
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:13

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:15

Can't wait to @#$%& hear the band playing that one!!!!!! I think they rehearsed it enough times to really pull it off really well on the first time!!!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:16

Awesome!
Can't wait to hear it.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 12, 2006 06:18

My dream came true and I wasnt there to see it go down. Someone better have gotten a damn good bootleg of this show!!

-Drake

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 12, 2006 06:25

you all happy now??? seem like they do listen .....i like YGMR for a opener thats a cool number to crank out at the start

Chicago so far
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:10

From Shidoobee's website....

1. You Got Me Rockin
2. Live With Me
3. Monkey Man
4. Sway
5. She Was Hot

Re: Chicago so far
Date: October 12, 2006 05:14

She Was Hot yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!! Can't wait to hear it!!!!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:15

HOT...!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:16

ON A COLD CHICAGO NIIIGHHHTT

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:21

Just heard it on my voicemail. I guessed theyd unearth this one tonight - at last.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:37

.... thats real cool

Date: October 12, 2006 05:40

Does anyone know the rest so far?

Date: October 12, 2006 05:52

6. Streets Of Love
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice
9. You Got The Silver Keith sounds beautiful
10. Little T & A

to b-stage

11. Under My Thumb

ROCKMAN

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 12, 2006 05:53

Haha, I can hardly believe it. It's about time!!!

Good or not so good, I hope that somebody taped this one!

Date: October 12, 2006 05:59

11. Under My Thumb
12. Rough Justice
13. Start Me Up
14. HTW

going back to main stage

15. Sympathy for the Devil
16. JJF
17. Satisfaction

ROCKMAN

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-12 06:21 by Rockman.

Date: October 12, 2006 06:16

Thanks Rockman!

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 12, 2006 06:19

Hurray!!!

-Drake

Date: October 12, 2006 06:38

SWEEEEEET!

you can't catch me!

Date: October 12, 2006 07:24

Encore

18. Brown Sugar

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 12, 2006 07:32

"On a cold Chicago night..."!!! F*ckin Great!

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 12, 2006 07:55

Don't like YGMR as an opener. She was hot is cool. And Keith's set of course

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:10

I think YGMR is a decent change of pace though. And it shows the boys are willing to take a challenge with their opener ( i know they've used YGMR before and PIB is a fair challenge too). However 18 songs is crazy. I know it's cold out but 19 songs is the lowest they should go. Whatever though. Chicago's a great town and I'm sure it was a great show. I was at the 2nd United Center show in Jan '06 and it was amazing.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:19

I like YGMR just fine, it works well live and it's a song from the '90s rather than the expected older hits that usually (and effectively!) kick things off...

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:19

Wow ! She was Hot was great, for a first timer(and 30 friggin' degrees)! Mick watch the tele-prompter most of the way, but hey it was new!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:27

The show was great and 18 songs performed the way they were was just fine...it was cold, probably 30 something but the wind gustswere unreal...still, it was a show for the ages...I'll write a review tomorrow......

Posted by: Steel_Wheels ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:30

Hi Folks,

Here is my Chicago review:

Weather --- It was cold and windy. I think the temp bottomed out around 39 F, with wind chill making it seem like it was around 32 F (I could see my breath once the concert started).Luckily, it did not rain.

Attendance == I think Soldier Field can seat around 52K max for a concert. I was there last time they played Soldier Field (Fall of '05). Compared to last time, the house was fairly empty. I purchased good seats off eBay (sec. A5), at a steep discount, a couple weeks before the show. I would say A5 was apx. 80% full come show time. I would say this % held true for the rest of the floor seats. They closed off seating in the entire 1/2 of the 2nd level, ¾ of the 3rd level, and the entire 4th level. If I had to estimate the attendance % in non floor seats that were not closed off, I would say 70%. So, the Stones played to a stadium that was 1/2 full at best.

The Show --- The set list was nice, what else can I say. Yes, they only played 18 songs, but given the conditions and the quality of the songs played, I am not one to complain. I really think each song was performed well except UMT. I have not seen / heard UMT performed in other ABB concerts, but I can say this performance was weak. Gone was the guitar riff intro. In its place we have an electronic base groove that does not come close to doing the song justice. Maybe Keith’s fingers were cold, so he could not provide the proper intro. Regardless, UMT stuck out as a disappointment in an otherwise courageous show filled with rarely, and in one case never, played tunes.

She Was Hot --- Well done. Hopefully the boys will break this out at least a few more times. It is a fun song, and came across as just that with the Chicago crowd.

The Boys --- Mick and Charlie were solid as always, nothing more to be said. Keith seemed to be in good spirits. His solos were truncated, but this was expected given the conditions. He played fine, no complaints. RW shined. He played strong leads throughout the evening, and really stepped up given the inclement weather.

Final Judgment --- The set list was a wet dream. We only got 18 songs, but I have no complaints. I went to two other Chicago shows, and on this night got to hear MM, LWME, SOL, SWAY, and SWHOT!!! Cheers to a great show by the boys. I am content now as a Chicago based Stones fan. Let’s hope they return, but this show has provided me new tales to tell of the Stones’ brilliance.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:36

the song sounded great!!! the setlist was great and the band tried pretty hard, but it was a tough show for everyone. i was on stage just over the backup singers and had the best view of keith in the house because he spent a lot of time right in front of charlie's drumkit, facing him. he also would just stop playing at times. they kept grabbing hand warmers and ron kept putting his hands over a hot air blower. not a lot of smiling and not as much interaction with the audience as usual. i am home still shaking from the cold - too chilled to deal with social events - i need a hot shower to get back to normal.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:40

Man, Rambler, LWM, MM, Sway! She was Hot! damn fine performance. Keith stopped at one point to blow in his hand to probably see if it was still there! WHO WOULD BOOK A STADIUM IN CHICAGO IN OCTOBER! What a bunch of nuts!

Posted by: marbles ()
Date: October 12, 2006 08:42

The show was excellent...I was a little disappointed with the 18 songs but very glad I wnet and yes, it was damn cold & windy. Mick made numerous comments about the waether including something like "I can't feel my feet" at one point. One piece of advice for any of you on the fence on going to see them...THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!!! This was my 3rd show on this tour & 1st since Keith's accident. He has really aged since the fall. He played well, but he looked about 10 years older since I saw him about 9 months ago. I can't fathom them being able to tour again in a few years...don't cry you weren't warned when you miss them.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2311
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home