Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Happy Birthday Nicky-Perth73
Posted by: Sugar Brown ()
Date: October 11, 2006 13:39

Live in Perth 73
one of the favorit for lots of stones fans
what show are talking about?
afternoon show or evening show ? My impression is the afternoon show is better (MRambler), maybe I'm wrong...tell me...

Anyway both cool records,but for me they play coldly like robots!
Nothing to do with the symphonie of bedspring

Re: Happy Birthday Nicky-Perth73
Posted by: florinda ()
Date: October 11, 2006 13:55

Sugar, the difference you experience may have to do with the kind of soundboard used for each concert.. Perth sounds like a rough sbd mix, kind of like earls court 76 whereas Symphony is a real live recording intended for release. What do you think? Also a different live sound. In Europe 73 keiths guitar had some kind of delay effect added which produced a more grandiose sound. My opinion...

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 11, 2006 14:17

My humble opinion: the afternoon show (Perth) is a little better played, the band is a little tighter (except for Charlie at the beginning of GS). But, I prefer the evening show, which I believe is Sydney. It is rawer and a little more out of control. Keith is on fire, playing with a lot of enthusiasm. His solos on Bitch are furious! And the Vibrato guy is playing with his usual brilliance.

Happy Birthday Nicky is my favorite boot, and maybe my favorite Stones album. If I was introducing someone to Stones' music, I'd first play the first five songs off of either of these 73 shows. The band at its peak.

Karl

Posted by: Sugar Brown ()
Date: October 11, 2006 16:58

Perth afternoon and Sidney evening?
different day, different place...good news! the records goes up in value this last hours for me...But I still think they play like automate, to fast, and to perfect(exception of Keith, he don't know "perfect playing", that's why I like his music)
but the sound is good, dirty!

Delay effect? sound nice to my hears!
thanks for informations

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 11, 2006 17:02

Perth, Feb. 24th
Sydney, Feb 26th.
The complete show from SYdney, Feb. 27th exists too. It's the only complete Taylor SB show.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 11, 2006 17:11

Keith claimed that one of the Australia shows, Perth I think, was the only time he played live on LSD. Sounds like a Keith "story" though.

I think Florinda is correct, HBN is a raw soundboard, whereas the 73 Belgian bootlegs sound cleaner and more professionally engineered.

Karl

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 11, 2006 19:09

Yes! Great boot. Certainly one of the best performances I've heard. I posted it in Hot Stuff the other day actually.

If anyone hasn't heard this great show, check it out.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 24, 2012 13:04

Nicky Hopkins would had been 68 years old today

Indeed Perth and Sydney 1973 are among the best ever captured Rolling Stones recordings - if combining performance with quality

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 24, 2012 16:09

love these shows

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: February 24, 2012 18:38

True that Perth (happy birthday Nicky) is the ACID gig. The story goes that Keef, Bobby, and the two Micks all took acid that day prior to the show. I believe this contributes to the wild raunchy performance.

You can hear it in Micks voice and manner of speech. Love that show...you can just feel the hot Aussie sun coming down, MJ out of breath..they exhilaration of rock and acid flowing through his veins.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 24, 2012 19:13

Aussie 73 - captured the the Stones at their best.
My favorite boots.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: February 24, 2012 21:03

Any photos of these gigs?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home