Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sway live
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 5, 2006 02:08

P.S. I think Mick does it the way he does LIVE on purpose, perhaps to make it very different from the STICKY FINGERS version but I just love the melody and would love to hear him stretch it out a bit and not sing a flattened version. Does anyone get what I'm saying??

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 5, 2006 02:12

yes i have been saying this since columbus, mick needs to scream more
and add those killer vocals like the original version, i dont mean i want the live version to sound like the cd, i mean mick needs to let himself go nuts

Posted by: TombstoneShadow ()
Date: October 5, 2006 10:02

Does Anybody have a link to a You Tube or other recording of versions of Sway besides Columbus and MSG ? Like Glasgow or Wichita perhaps...

If so, please post the link.

Greatly appreciated.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 5, 2006 11:49

i think sway is the only song that get so much comparison between studio and live versio
wonder why?
no one confronts satisfaction live vs on record anymore, or ycagwyw or my etc all of which depart very much from the recorded ones
i think it is a religious problem, that one pertaining the spirit of the absent one
i think the fact that it is some time now that sway get played regularly means it works both for the band and the crowd
latest versions i listened to were tight and rocking with a great ronnie and a solid keith
and no fake strings...
is them some miss when talking about the difference between studio and live? winking smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 5, 2006 15:04

TombstoneShadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does Anybody have a link to a You Tube or other
> recording of versions of Sway besides Columbus and
> MSG ? Like Glasgow or Wichita perhaps...

There is a clip in the Virtual Ticket section of rollingstones.com. I don't remember which concert that is from.

Posted by: antman ()
Date: October 5, 2006 21:33

I agree with rrronnie; getting SWAY has been at the top of my wishlist since Can't You Hear Me Knockin' in 02-03.
Wichita was my 4th show on ABB tour, and I thought the setlist would be very generic in Wichita.
Much to my surprise, we got SWAY, plus Monkey Man, Let It Bleed, Bitch, and Under My Thumb instead of Miss You! I thought the SWAY version in Wichita was incredible. It may have been my state of euphoria, but I've heard the Columbus version, Tokyo, Saitama, Glasgow and Berlin versions, and I thought the Wichita version was right up there with Saitama and Glasgow. I think it has definitely gotten better the more they have played it. Of course a lot of it depends on the recording, and I think the Saitama and Glasgow versions are the best quality, mix, etc. that I have heard.
Antman

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 5, 2006 21:51

Koen Wrote:
> TombstoneShadow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does Anybody have a link to a You Tube or other
> > recording of versions of Sway besides Columbus
> and
> > MSG ? Like Glasgow or Wichita perhaps...
>
> There is a clip in the Virtual Ticket section of
> rollingstones.com. I don't remember which concert
> that is from.

W/out checkin I wanna recall its one of the Japan gig?

Posted by: danielb ()
Date: October 5, 2006 21:57

Mick never sings the:

heeeeey heeeeeeeeey heeeeeeeeeey nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww part live.

Would make a huge difference.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 5, 2006 22:06

phd Wrote:
> Sway was great in Stade de France.

They didnĀ“t play Sway there.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 6, 2006 01:03

... thats a big problem melillo,,, he doesnt let go, get nuts, get gone, like other days gone way past,, conscienciously or uncon.. we know and feel it.... and that was a precious unique part of there recordings and earlier shows.. such a hugh contrast between todays photos and say, the seventies,, emotion is a very important part of art,, no one has called resent tours art,, though we still are entertained by the stones...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home