Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Taylor - Shock
Posted by: Chav Watch ()
Date: September 28, 2006 23:06

It must be at least twenty minutes since anyone has speculated on his return to the band. Standards are slipping.

Re: Mick Taylor - Shock
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 28, 2006 23:06

LOL!!

Posted by: Brian37 ()
Date: September 28, 2006 23:08

MICK TAYLOR BLOWS NOW.... HE CANT PLAY SH^T. I saw him last year and he looks and sounds like a beached whale.... he is horrible, thats why the band wont play with him... back in the day ok... now... CRAP!

Date: September 28, 2006 23:09

I saw him at Shepherds Bush last year for the Dick Heckstall Smith tribute. He is in no shape to go on stage with the Stones. Keith even after brain surgery is so much more coherent.

Date: September 28, 2006 23:19

Errrr - D.H-Smith tribute was at the Astoria. There was nothing wrong with MT's performance, he wasn't incoherent and he won't be going on stage with the Stones in any case, regardless of shape.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: September 28, 2006 23:24

Funny title for the thread. The Enquirer/Sun would be proud.

Date: September 28, 2006 23:31

Sorry Beast. The DHS show was at the Astoria. I saw MT at the Bottom Line in Shepherds Bush in 94.

Posted by: Brian37 ()
Date: September 28, 2006 23:33

OMG MICK TAYLOR in 94.... good... now.. SUCKS THE BIG WEENIE>>>>>>

Date: September 28, 2006 23:35

What on earth are you talking about Brian 37?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 28, 2006 23:58

Brian37 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MICK TAYLOR BLOWS NOW.... HE CANT PLAY SH^T. I saw
> him last year and he looks and sounds like a
> beached whale.... he is horrible, thats why the
> band wont play with him... back in the day ok...
> now... CRAP!

I think Brian has a point here. It doesn't matter if he can play or not, that's irrelevant. However, much more importantly - there cannot be a fat Rolling Stone. Word.

Date: September 29, 2006 00:01

Being English I have no idea what a weenie is. Apologies for the cultural ignorance.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: September 29, 2006 00:03

CindyC Wrote:
> Brian37 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > MICK TAYLOR BLOWS NOW.... HE CANT PLAY SH^T. I
> saw
> > him last year and he looks and sounds like a
> > beached whale.... he is horrible, thats why the
> > band wont play with him... back in the day
> ok...
> > now... CRAP!
>
>
> I think Brian has a point here. It doesn't
> matter if he can play or not, that's irrelevant.
> However, much more importantly - there cannot be
> a fat Rolling Stone. Word.

LOL!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 29, 2006 00:32

Funny thing; now that Ronnie has cleaned up, he is looking and sounding better than ever (he had some horrible nights during the 1st US leg, but improved in the Asia leg, and sounded great in Europe and, according to reports, so far in the US fall 06 leg. He's supporting Keith at a lot of shows these days, and I never, ever thought that I would say that. I used to bash him a lot, but he is on his game, and seems to be enjoying himself. More power to him.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 29, 2006 00:39

yes Ronnie is back to his old powers, he is great!!! Mick Taylor is just a fat old man who plays the same boring shit since many years - saw him three times in fifteen years and his setlist was nearly always the same. it is like he has no ideas what to play so he plays always the same, I dont go to him to see him anymore its useless. he has no place anymore on stage with the Rolling Stones, many many years ago he was good but now he always plays the same tricks on his guitar. Stones dont need this man, he is history!!! and no future !!!!

Date: September 29, 2006 01:21

I must apolegize because its surely not kind to say Mick TaylOr is a fat man (my friends even make jokes that he would not even fit on stage with the Stones although the stage is very, very big!!!), but I surely think he is always playing the same old shit for many decades now,, so if people complain about Stones setlists better not bring Taylor because then you would get the same setlist every and every night.

Date: September 29, 2006 01:28

What has anyone's size got to do with the music they play, whether good or bad????

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: September 29, 2006 01:33

Because with Leslie West as an exception, no one wants to see some fat dude playing guitar onstage. Call it shallow, call it whatever, but it isn't sexy and just doesn't look cool. Especially next to the super thin Stones.

Bobby Keys is the only one allowed to be overweight in that band.

It's the same reason you don't see movies starring fat chicks in the leading role. People just don't want to see it.

Date: September 29, 2006 01:39

My question was nothing to do with anyone playing with the Stones and these fantasies about MT playing with them are exactly that. That apart, I'd much rather see someone fat playing good music than someone thin playing crap.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 29, 2006 02:02

well, if brian37 says he's no good then it must be true. He knows everything.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 29, 2006 02:41

This thread is insane and hilarious.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 29, 2006 03:20

Mick Taylor is incapable of playing incoherent. He's such a capable musician.

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: September 29, 2006 05:26

I heard MT is playing the function room at the Red Roof Inn in Jerkins Corner, ND, next month!!! Added bonus: his special guest is that guy that used to be in Wham with George Michael.

Of course, this show is pending confirmation on whether or not MT can get his ’84 Chevy Citation out of the shop in time to drive himself to the gig…if he can raise the gas money.

In the meantime fans are encouraged to listen to the same lame boots going around the web of MT strumming obscure songs nobody has ever heard of before. Making love to your inflatable MT doll while listening is optional.

Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: September 29, 2006 09:58

No fat stone allowed...
That's why they fired Brian - he was putting
on weight.
But I don't see that beside Bobby there are
only skinny players and singers on stage:
Darryl? Bernard? Liza?
But no bashing:
I quit smoking on monday and I will play in
their liga soon...

Posted by: KCSTONED ()
Date: September 29, 2006 10:04

My question was nothing to do with anyone playing with the Stones and these fantasies about MT playing with them are exactly that. That apart, I'd much rather see someone fat playing good music than someone thin playing crap.

Exactly. Who cares if the guy put on some extra pounds. Remember when it was the music that was important and not the look. Look at Alex Lifeson from RUSH..The guy is downright chubby and balding but still plays killer guitar. Give me a break..if its looks that are important how do you account that we still love Keith when he looks like Barnaby Jones..the old version..LOL

Posted by: KCSTONED ()
Date: September 29, 2006 10:05

ps..I wouldn't call Lisa skinny by any stretch of the imagination

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: September 29, 2006 10:36

KCSTONED Wrote:
> ps..I wouldn't call Lisa skinny by any stretch of
> the imagination

Buxom and sexy is what I'd call her. She really floats my boat!

NickB

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: September 29, 2006 12:18

> he is in no shape to go on stage with the Stones

if you're talking of posing you might be right.

But that's no catwalk for modeling but it's rock and roll and blues baby! So what matters is playing the guitar.

Date: September 29, 2006 13:37

well fat or not fat, I think it must make sense musically. today, the Stones are very different, not so much blues-orientated, in fact they nowadays dont even play a blues on stage. do someone need Mick Taylor to play on Oh No Not You Again or As Tears Go By??? I dont. as long as Ronnie is in fine form as recently, I see no way to go back in time in a kind of desperate anachronism, and if it the case that Stones current players cannot do it anymore, it is better to stop at all because then it makes no sense anymore. they can carry on as long as they can still do it, but when they are really not able to do it anymore, what do you want them to do? let guest guitar players play and Ronnie and Keef walking araound and shaking hands with audience members??? same goes for Mick Jagger, when he can't sing anymore do you think it is wise to bring in other singers and have Mick posing to the audience and shaking hands of fans?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 29, 2006 14:10

what are you on about?????

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 29, 2006 14:49

thank you,for putting a smile on my face, with this completely insane thread.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home