Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Opinions and suggestions for the new setlist!
Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: September 21, 2006 06:18

Personally I think it’s a great setlist. When you look at it it almost looks like a fan did it. I mean Sway is still there (they seem to be enjoying playing it), Little T&A (not played since ’82), You Got The Silver, Paint It, Back as an opener, Monkey Man, Ain’t Too Proud To Beg, Under My Thumb leading them to the B-Stage and no IORR and Miss You. Amazing. It’s probably going to inject a lot of excitement into their performance if they keep it like that and I hope they record one of the next shows for a future DVD release. The only real problem is only 2 ABB songs and only 19 song long.

My suggestion is to lose Midnight Rambler, yes, I know it’s favorite of the band and many fans love it but we already have a million versions of it and no MR means two more songs. Which would mean a 21 song set list and maybe we could have She Was Hot and another ABB song. As cool as it is to have Under My Tumb back I would prefer Rain Fall Down on its place, this is after all the ABB Tour. Plus RFD has proven to be really god live.

I still think Keith should do one of his new numbers, This Place Is Empty would be my choice and ONNYA can’t leave the show. I would replace Monkey Man for ONNYA since we already got a whole lot of MM on the Voodoo Lounge and Licks tour. And as fantastic as Sweet Virginia is they have already done it live many times before (specially on the Voodoo Lounge Tour) so I would prefer Let It Loose in its place (they have rehearsed it). Still comparing those negatives to the positives the show is great and better than before, I mean less warhorses and more surprise numbers and this is just the first show of a long fourth leg, they will have time to rehearse more and have new ideas. Can’t wait to hear the bootlegs!!!!

Re: Opinions and suggestions for the new setlist!
Posted by: wannaholdu ()
Date: September 21, 2006 06:21

Dancing with Mr. D since my state is mentioned.
She Was Hot.
More ABB for StonesTod

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 21, 2006 06:22

get rid of start me up evrything else was great...cant wait for Giants Stadium!!

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: September 21, 2006 06:27

Yes, I forgot to say, I would replace Start Me Up for Street Fighting Man. That would be a good replacement. I always thought that I would always miss SMU if they had it out of the set list but on the MSG show from the Four Flicks DVD SMU is not there and I don't miss it at all. And Street Fighting Man hasn't been played so far and it would be cool to have it back.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 21, 2006 06:32

you'll never please StonesTod - but KtB's suggestions would appease me some...

Date: September 21, 2006 06:39

StonesTod, hard to please.
Yes, I forgot a tune, that's been done recently, I'm sorry to say, but Loving Cope, a personal favorite. That would please me.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 21, 2006 06:42

LC would make me smile, yes. also how about SOMETHING/ANYTHING adventurous on the b-stage - a blooze maybe? I mean they disguise the non-shakeup by opening with PIB and throwing JJF on the b-stage - two songs that were already in the set - who they think they foolin?

Date: September 21, 2006 06:53

Look, I can spell Cup after all.
StonesTod: Agreed that in sections, the setlist is nothing but a shakeup.
I'd rather see Rough Justice on the main stage, I was thinking - which did hurt - maybe a country number like Prodigal Son or Factory Girl on the B stage. Maybe then an acoustic war horse and a seldon heard oldie - pre-Beggars Banquet. I think those kinds of tunes lend themselves to a B-stage.
I still like the setlist tonight, though, overall.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: September 21, 2006 07:20

The thing that hurts is that in a 19 song list, there is no space left for a surprise on the B-stage.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 21, 2006 07:46

One word: excellent. Face it people, you're NEVER going to get ENTIRELY away from warhorses in a stadium setting, NEVER EVER. This setlist was as fine a compromise as they - or any other band with their sized catalogue - could ever realistically achieve. Be happy with it, it's what we've asked for/been hoping for, and we've got it. We should all be celebrating, and we should all be congratulating them.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 21, 2006 07:46

-nothing to criticize
totally satisfied

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 21, 2006 07:47

Yaeh I sm definatly for losing SMU. SFM is one "warhorse" not played on this tour. Any 1 of my 3 nuggets would thrill me. NE, YGTS,MM. But new setlist looks awesome. would gladly listen to it.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: September 21, 2006 07:51

I can't believe this - not even two hours since they got out, and already people are saying: 'wellll....it was good, but let's see how we can make it GREAT!"

Keep dreamin' kids. Tonight's setlist was about the most amazing I've seen in, oh I dunno, ever. Just be thankful you got it.

Unless you guys are just playing "Concert Organizer" like little kids play house, in which case, carry on, dinner will be in a few minutes, and I made your favorite! - Mac 'n' cheese!

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 21, 2006 07:52

Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't believe this - not even two hours since
> they got out, and already people are saying:
> 'wellll....it was good, but let's see how we can
> make it GREAT!"
>
> Keep dreamin' kids. Tonight's setlist was about
> the most amazing I've seen in, oh I dunno, ever.
> Just be thankful you got it.
>
> Unless you guys are just playing "Concert
> Organizer" like little kids play house, in which
> case, carry on, dinner will be in a few minutes,
> and I made your favorite! - Mac 'n' cheese!

thanks for this post.
we got litte t a back , little t a
just got up from sleep, saw this setlist...couldn`t believe my eyes
so great

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: September 21, 2006 07:57

Death to setlist whiners!

String-em up!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:03

Great (maybe replace some songs during the last five songs).

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:05

Yes death to set list whiners. You know if they played this setlist for the rest of the tour without change, ( which they wont ) it would still be killer. It is the perfect compromise, half to diehards, and half greatest hits. Hey I think BS as the finale is always the best ending to a stones show. IMHO

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:28

This setlist was designed by taking into consideration what was already played in Boston in the 4 previous shows on this tour. Of the 19 songs tonight, 9 were not played at the previous Boston shows. All the return cities on this leg should expect a similar number of songs that they did not get in their previous shows on this tour.

I do think it's likely though that starting wtih Halifax and including all the upcoming cities not yet played on this tour, that the setlist will not be quite as good as this one. Some of the songs that we feel are overplayed, like You Can't Always Get What You Want and It's Only Rock N Roll could return to the setlist in place of some of the more rarely played songs that appeared in the Foxboro setlist.

I think it's clear that return cities on this leg will get a large amount of songs in their show that they did not get earlier on the tour, but we make not like as much the setlists for the cities played for the first time on this leg.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 21, 2006 14:47

MR should be played every time for sure. I know we have millions of versions of it, but why should they care what we get on bootleg? Just be happy they don't sue your ass for having them.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 21, 2006 14:59

You just can't please all of the people all of the time.

Date: September 21, 2006 16:42

Or any of the people any of the time

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: September 21, 2006 16:55

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One word: excellent. Face it people, you're NEVER
> going to get ENTIRELY away from warhorses in a
> stadium setting, NEVER EVER. This setlist was as
> fine a compromise as they - or any other band with
> their sized catalogue - could ever realistically
> achieve. Be happy with it, it's what we've asked
> for/been hoping for, and we've got it. We should
> all be celebrating, and we should all be
> congratulating them.

I agree,
I made it to this show and still have KY & chi to look forward to

BOSTON WAS A GAS
This show was SO GREAT and I would name this leg of the tour WHEN RONNIE GOT HIS GROOVE BACK cuz the dude rawked!

I could always taylor the show for MY specific taste, but we share the Stones so one fans worried about you is another fans you got the silver. everybody comes out a little disappointed at times BUT I have never EVER seen or heard fans talking about how it sucked and how they had no fun on thier way out of a Stones show. This set was played well, and is a KILLER selection of songs.

I hope the whole leg of this tour is as suprising!

I LOVED LAST NIGHT!

Posted by: salar ()
Date: September 21, 2006 17:20

Hi folks,

so this was the first night of ABB tour part 2...we all have been very curious
about what would the set list look like...
I was kind of sceptical and expected a more or less similar set list BUT....surprise, surprise they had the balls to change things up a bit...
the first 11 songs are fantastic and awesome !!
a great choice of songs...they broke the "character" of the show...not the usual 4 fast rockers at the beginning, instead a well balanced mixture of rockers, obscures, ballades, covers, blues, country style in the first half of the show..
Opening with PIB ?....WOW....like to see this one on dvd soon..

But as we all know...you can`t always get what you want...
To me a perfect set list would be like:
replace "Live with Me" with "She was Hot" and bring in 3 more ABB tunes, such as Back of my Hand, Look what the Cat, or..ah...they could easily play about 10 songs from ABB which could be performed well live...I mean, just imagine the sensational version of SOL...a so-so studio album version...but a killer ballade on stage..

All in all...as a very critical fan this first set list was fine for me...
for the next gigs...a little change here and there..and please go back to 21/22 songs..this can give more space for changing the set in a more spectacular way...but do not throw out Rambler , just to get 2 more short songs instead.
Midnight Rambler is a highlight of evry Stones live gig...and they should keep it in the set.
Roll on, Stones....
Ciyanextsamma
salar

Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: September 21, 2006 17:23

the question is - do we crave for "new" songs that are poorly played, or a boring setlist played well ?
From most of the credible reports I have read the "new" songs were poorly performed....
But for the new cheaper price the Stones now play for - you get what you have paid for smiling smiley

Posted by: Gecko ()
Date: September 21, 2006 17:26

You are SO wrong!!

You Got The Silver blows away This Place Is Empty!!

Drop Midnight Rambler.. WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING?!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 21, 2006 19:28

21 songs.
At least.
Even if Midnight Rambler is long.
Get on stage sooner, cut the opening act a bit.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: September 21, 2006 19:36

The set is a good compromise for casual fans to recognize songs and sing along and still excite the hardcore.

Remember people this is a stadium tour. They are not going to cut SMU and JJF, etc...of they still play 'em in clubs, you better believe the big shows will have them too.

For this tour especially, a set like this we should feel lucky to have. I mean christ, he played T and friggin' A! A dream come true!

You Can't Always Get What You Want (witch they actually cut!)

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: September 23, 2006 00:58

The setlist was really great and surprising. Tracks like Sway, Under My Thumb and Keiths numbers are superb.

But they can not satisfy everybody in one night. There would be too many wishes. One of my wishes for the last legs of this tour was to hear the new songs of the ABB album. What a great CD and they played three songs of it only.

Yesterday just Streets Of Love and Rough Justice were played. But this is okay now. ABB is not any more a new album, so they are able to put out the old rare songs. I am really surprised, they did so many changes. I thought, there would have been no time to rehearse a few other numbers.

And - of course - it is really funny to discuss every setlist. I mean, we attend one concert of every tour. Maybe four. Some die-hard fans with passion, time and money attend 30 shows. But everybody has an opinion about every night. Really funny. The internet makes it possible.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 23, 2006 00:59

Loving Cup....

Posted by: beast of burden ()
Date: September 23, 2006 01:48

PLAY WITH FIRE
DANCING WITH MR D
VENTILATOR BLUES (On B-Stage)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home