Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: What do you do for a living?
Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: May 14, 2012 14:41

Retired after 31 years with the Parks & Rec Dept.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 15:13

qualified accountant, travelled the world which got me an even better education and am now a cheesemaker: nothin like perfectin off milk

smiling bouncing smiley

guess keith won't be eatin any of my products...

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-15 02:11 by boynamedsue69.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 17:39

I'm a legal adviser for employees
nobody's perfect !

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 17:46

i sell jewellery allaround the world

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: May 14, 2012 18:28

loss adjuster- not the most exciting job but not the most boring either!

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 18:33

CPA

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: May 14, 2012 18:35

In the sweet old country where I come from, nobody ever works and nothing gets done …
But even the outtake lyrics of Hang Fire “work” for me:
My old lady she’s a lazy bitch ….

I took a degree in philosophy (nothing special, I mention it because it’s the most relevant effort in my life), and I’m happy with that in terms of cognitive or “immaterial enrichment”, but for what concerns day by day life my jobs are not really worth mentioning, they were kind of frustrating and not harmonized with my expectations and school formation (a really uncommon situation nowadays … ain’t it ?...)

I´m building a capsule to fly away from this planet that seems bound to an imminent apocalyptic ending, given our intrinsic tendency to self destruction, see greedy speculations pauperizing millions of us, uncontrolled demographic growth and depletion of natural resources, pollution and greenhouse effect by CO2, conflicts amongst different civilizations / religions that we seem unable to manage, etc.
My lazy bitch, even if I’m fond of her, didn’t help much, maybe I will leave her here, high and dry and with no warning; maybe I’ll offer a ride to the first girl I can find, …
Much to my surprise there she was, sitting in a corner, little bleary, worse for wear and tear

But don’t worry, I’ll bring some Stones repertoire with me, and when I will be approaching Aldebaran, if I will find any complex and intelligent form of life, I’ll show them what real music is (though, if they have been so smart not to approach mankind, they probably have some fine music of their own, I bet they already remotely received and downloaded Paint it black or Gimme shelter years ago)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 18:42 by zumabitch.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: May 14, 2012 18:49

I'm in fundraising for my sins - no actually it's for a medical school and associated health clinics.

To quote Morrissey, "But sometimes I'd feel more fulfilled making Christmas cards with the mentally ill..." To me, those are among the best lyrics on the work-a-day life (from The Smiths' "Frankly Mr. Shankly" - that whole song is a hoot).

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: May 14, 2012 18:54

I was an online writer for a multi-national financial firm but last week I changed positions & now I'm an editor (same firm).
It's dull but it pays the mortgage. smoking smiley

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: May 14, 2012 18:57

I'm an Operations Manager for an Insurance Company.

Rarely dull but then again it's never exciting. Still it puts a decent sum of money into my bank account every month!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 14, 2012 19:01

Clergyman

Date: May 14, 2012 19:54

I've been in sales for 25 years. Its dealing with the general public, and I've met all kinds of people, from the cheapest @#$%& to the nicest and most generous humanitarians.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 16, 2012 22:59

Used to be a software programmer in the good old days when a mainframe computer needed an air-conditioned warehouse to live in and four operators to run it, and had 4K of memory - yes, it was me that wrote some of those programs with 2-digit dates that caused all the Y2K problems.

These days I'm a semi-retired layabout - the bit of me that isn't retired is a part-time archivist for a firm of solicitors.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 16, 2012 23:17

I'm a song slut. I play and write music, mine and anybody else's who pays properly. Songs, theater music, ringtones, and some work in film soundtrack and foley. I Beta test for a few pro audio companies and guitar gear manufacturer's.

I also farm specialty vegetables and raise a few cattle and I work as a musician for a wild animal conservation organization.

I used to be a professional windsurfing instructor and audio engineer.

peace

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 17, 2012 00:13

Me "I raise polecats for peace" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 17, 2012 00:23

I pay lawyers fees - that's what I earn a living to do

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:01

Working and teaching as a doctor in an Emergency Department in teaching hospital in New Zealand this year. Letting my education take me ever further away from where I was raised in the heartland of the USA.smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:46

kahoosier
Working and teaching as a doctor in an Emergency Department in teaching hospital in New Zealand this year. Letting my education take me ever further away from where I was raised in the heartland of the USA.smileys with beer

Understand the monkier now. I like your homeland,if I'm right played a little honky tonk there a few times, City Limits, nothing but fun. Probably alot of emerg. orthepedic injuries in New Zealand, crazy as they are for their adventure sports, good on you doc. peace

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 25, 2012 22:41

Gazza
Been a lavatory cleaner for 10 years. last year they promoted me. I now get to use a brush.

Gazza you still brushing up on your job?

Posted by: articzone ()
Date: August 25, 2012 22:51

attorney in st louis, Missouri

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 25, 2012 23:28

Still unemployed, or is it unemployable.

I am about to be sent to one of David Cameron's gulags, i.e. Work Programs, yet I hold a first in Classics and a Masters in the Classical Tradition. Every second week I encounter the Job Seekers, where I claim benefits.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 25, 2012 23:55

Balloon factory... quality control.
Promoted a few years ago to red ones.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 25, 2012 23:56

I am an assistant to 4 attorneys and on the side I am transcribing the death records for New York City from the years 1830 - 1842 and I trap feral cats to be spayed and neutered and released.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 25, 2012 23:58

Think deep thoughts.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: August 26, 2012 00:19

<--- Film Composer

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: August 26, 2012 00:23

I'm the CFO, quite overstated title btw, but I'm in charge of accounting for a small Real Estate Investment/Property Mgmt. firm.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 26, 2012 00:24

Video producer

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:16

Professional Drag Racer

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:41

spend little...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 26, 2012 01:51

I remove lobsters from Cheryl Cole's bum.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home