Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mick Jagger/Alice Cooper Duet
Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: September 21, 2006 16:44

SonicDreamer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I met him on the Constrictor tour, he is a
> friendly, funny guy.

Yeah, did an interview with him for RollingStone two years ago, we talked about zombies, golfing and the Stones.
Afterwards I had dinner with the whole band, great conversations.
I agree with the lesser quality of post-Dada stuff, but the shows have only improved.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 21, 2006 20:17

Hi Dunhill, I agree he lost a bit of his "quirkiness" after Dada when he dried out. But the only album I dont really play anymore is Trash which I found a bit contrived. Oh and Dragontown doesnt do much for me. But for a guy who has recorded 25 or so albums its a pretty bloody consistently great body of work.The Constrictor stageshow was just phenomenal. Must have cost a friggin' fortune. I'm happy with even just the little props tho - How much does a crutch cost (!) for I'm 18?? Oh and the last two albums are phenomenal - "Sunset babies.....All got rabies" - touche Alice!!

Hope the Stones fans here who have never seen the man before get there early, cause Im sure he will put on a great show

Posted by: yap yap ()
Date: September 21, 2006 21:08

They should do "Go To Hell" and dedicate it to the whiners in the audience.

Pleased to meet you......

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: September 22, 2006 04:36

I look foward to seeing Alice in Louisville! I have never seen him and am so glad he is the opener!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 22, 2006 19:04

This post inspired me last night to watch the 1986 Halloween DVD from Detroit. "The Nightmare Returns" Remember, with Kip Winger on bass!

Alice will absolutely be a great opener. I've seen him live before, and I'll tell you whatever he does artistically and theatrically during the show, the bottom line is that his songs are AWESOME. The guy has a full blown, serious rock and roll catalog to chose from.

Personally, I hope he brings ALL of the props and chops his head off good and proper.

As always, my humble opinion...

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: September 22, 2006 21:49

Lost in America and Women of Mass Destraction are two of his best live songs and relatively new as well. The short set list should be interesting tonight. I wonder if he will drop "The Piece"?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 22, 2006 23:18

They can duet on Hitchhike. AC recorded it back in the late 60's and it's on the Life and Crimes boxset. In the liner notes, he says they were trying to copy the Stones version and not Marvin Gaye.

Posted by: TommyHawk ()
Date: September 24, 2006 09:07

iamthedj Wrote:
> I think Alice Cooper is below Mick Jagger as an
> act.
> Alice is a nostalgia cringe fest wheras Jagger is
> a
> fairly current and working artist!

Makes tons of sense seeing as Alice has a nationally syndicated nightly radio show, #1 in most markets, in 100 cities... Is just about to finish up a 100+ city tour, and is getting ready to work on his 25th Studio album. Yeah, Alice doesn't do anything AT ALL.

Posted by: TommyHawk ()
Date: September 24, 2006 09:12

tat2you Wrote:
> apperantly he is a god squader

What's that have to do with anything? That's something on his own time and his own business.

However, it's on record that he isn't a "religion nut" or anything. He's just a normal guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-24 09:13 by TommyHawk.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2208
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home