Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Angie...
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 27, 2011 01:47

My favourite moment in this song is when Charlie hits/stomps the hihat right after Mick goes "Angeah!". Monumental!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 27, 2011 02:01

CousinC
Great song!
Especially the studio version.

The Brussels version took it to a whole other level. Unbelievable that it has never been officially released. A crime.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 27, 2011 02:21

Still love this tune

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 27, 2011 02:47

Amsterdamned
I loved her until someone raped her.

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that that is some kind of stupid inside joke.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 27, 2011 03:06

you know what kind of eyes she

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 27, 2011 08:49

this one came as a single when I was serving the military...just a week later I bought the album with favorite 'Star Star' on...
Playing Angie on guitar and singin is the same experience as playing Wild Horses...or waiting on a friend..struggle struggle struggle something is wrong with the logistics of these compositions...or my technique..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Ruby Friday ()
Date: April 27, 2011 12:18

Angie is the best ballad ever !!
The video was great with flowers on the guitars, altough Mick J. looked a little bit, how should I put it..a little bit far out ?

Date: April 27, 2011 12:22

71Tele
CousinC
Great song!

The Brussels version took it to a whole other level. Unbelievable that it has never been officially released. A crime.

Maybe Mick wasn't too happy about the vocals, which were a masterpiece on the original recording, imo.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 27, 2011 14:12

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
CousinC
Great song!

Maybe Mick wasn't too happy about the vocals, which were a masterpiece on the original recording, imo.

Yes, that sounds like a reasonable explanation. But of course I hope they will publish the whole Brussels concert (and a compilation of the best of the from Europe '73), when they publish the GHS super deluxe.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 27, 2011 15:02

treaclefingers
Amsterdamned
I loved her until someone raped her.

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that that is some kind of stupid inside joke.

I'am afraid I have to disappoint you. grinning smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 27, 2011 17:40

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
CousinC
Great song!

Yeah, while of course I love the Brussel' live version there is still something about the original that makes it special to me! Part of that are the great vocals . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home