Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Vancouver Show
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 23, 2006 00:39

Just checking the ticketmaster website and it looks like the show is now sold out. I was wondering how tickets would sell this time, especially with the high prices. Both shows in 89 and 94 were pretty much sold out but in 98 they drew around 39,000 so there were around 15,000 empty seats in the upper bowl.

Re: Vancouver Show
Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: August 23, 2006 02:09

I don't know BC Place at all (I'm in Toronto) but a friend has a ticket for me should I wish to travel to Vancouver; however the seat is in Section 2L2, row HH, seats 5-6. Could somebody who knows BC Place please let me know if these are decent seats? Thanks!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: August 23, 2006 02:12

Go to ticket master site, and look up the venue map...

JR

Posted by: zee ()
Date: August 23, 2006 02:17

beware BC place...its a barn with horrible accoustics...if you are on the floor GREAT...if not be careful

Date: August 23, 2006 02:29

Those seats are on the opposite endzone right near the top of the lower bowl.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:36

1998 was sold out as well as I recall. Definitely not 15,000 empty seats.

Date: August 23, 2006 04:00

Hi GeorgeV. 98 was no where near sold out. Attendance was around 39k from what the Province or Vancouver Sun said. Steel Wheels drew 110,000 so depending on the 98 stage configuration, the capacity was still around 50 to 55,000. I was in the lower bowl towards the right hand side of the stage and I remember being amazed at all the empty seats in the upper bowl on the endzones.
I guess the demand to see them wasn't as great since they'd done the four other shows within the past 9 years. I remember in 89, pretty much everyone I knew wanted to see them, even non Stones fans. In 98, alot of my friends that had gone the previous two times weren't that interested.
I think this time around, 8 years has passed and the realization that this probably will be the last time they play Vancouver is what is creating the huge ticket demand.

Date: August 23, 2006 04:06

Thanks for your responses. I did check out the Ticketmaster seating chart for BC Place, in fact I printed it off and have it in front of me, but it's not really of help. There's no section marked 2L2, row HH, for instance. And thank you for warning me that "it's a barn", zee.

Date: August 23, 2006 04:15

Hi Marmalade, you're in Section 2 and L2 means level 2, the lower bowl. In the lower bowl, the rows start at A up to Z. Then it goes AA, BB, etc. so HH would equal row 34. As you can see from the map (I printed one off myself), section 2 is right behind D2 and D3 on the floor.
For BC Place, level 1 is floor, level 2 is lower bowl, level 3 is the suites and level 4 is the upper bowl.

Date: August 23, 2006 04:24

Thanks so much, DGA35. Seems quite a distance from the stage. I don't think I'll travel all the way from Toronto for seats so far from the stage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home