Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Enough is Enough
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 03:58

First let me say I Love this band. Well I used to . I still love the cd's . But I can't stand what they have become . I have seen many people on this website bitch about Set Lists,Ticket prices and how crappy they are playing. I will not see them again for all of the above reasons. I think it is sad that people still pay out there hard earned money for a band that plays the same songs every night (For the Most part) and still manages to mess them up . I think the real reason people go is because the just don't want to face the fact that time has passed them by and don't want to give that up. That includes the Stones. The Stones do it for the MONEY . PERIOD. There is no other reason for them to be out there doing what they are doing and embaressing themselves. I have read some of the reviews on here and I can't tell if most of these people have seen the same show or what . I think my friends in europe are getting screwed even worse then we are here in the states. But at least you get to save your money.
So I will pass and see them on TV when they do there predictable show on HBO or whatever station will have them. No doubt from Atlanic City . Yawn. Didn't they do that already ? Ok I am done ranting. Now everyone can tear into me for ripping them . I have just had enough of this blantant rip off and will have No part of it. Peace everyone .

Re: Enough is Enough
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 16, 2006 04:04

Hey headly, get ready for the backlash,the insults will start real soon.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 04:06

Oh I have no doubt about that. I mean I loved them . I just can't stand what they are now.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 16, 2006 04:06

I pretty much agree with all your points, although sometimes they still pull off a great show, thats why i still go , you never know when you will get lucky

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 16, 2006 04:14

Name ONE band that does not do it for the money? We all go to work...for money.
Your points are valid, but they are entertainers.

Date: August 16, 2006 04:14

melillo, with the kind of prices that they are charging,to spend all that money on a chance that they may play a good show, its insane.
l think l may have a better chance in winning the New York lottery.lol.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 16, 2006 04:20

well thats why i play it safe ,$99-$160 tix, and just a handfull of shows

Date: August 16, 2006 04:21

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well thats why i play it safe ,$99-$160 tix, and
> just a handfull of shows

Smart man.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 16, 2006 04:29

ROPENI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey headly, get ready for the backlash,the insults
> will start real soon.

30 minutes and all's pretty quiet...guess a few folks are in bed...give it time...LOL

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 16, 2006 04:31

Im here...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: August 16, 2006 05:06

why not ever log into this site again . later

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 16, 2006 05:14

gwt your headly out of your arse man!

Date: August 16, 2006 05:28

As much as I hate to say it.............. I agree.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: August 16, 2006 06:01

Well, they did a great show in Memphis back in December, and doggone if the Little Rock show in March wasn't even more spectacular. Personally, I thought they sounded a lot better than when I saw them at the Superdome in 1981....talk about crappy sound.

Their prices are a little steep and I wish they were cheaper, esp. for people who have never seen them before and might get a big surprise.

As for the setlist - well, they gotta play some of the standards for all the people who are seeing them for the 1st time. Gee, I saw Little Richard in May - he played the same old songs he always plays, too.....

Well, that's just like, um, my opinion.....man....

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 16, 2006 06:33

Jesus man, what band doesn't play their hits??

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: August 16, 2006 06:45

boring........i love the way somebody has to write this same exact post every week.....

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 16, 2006 07:35

...........in the immortal words of Justin Timberlake............cry me a river............and in the immortal words of Ahmet Ehtregun............I can't imagine a world without the Rolling Stones..........

They are the most recognized band in the world. At one time they were the definition of rock and today they are the kings at putting a rock show on stage for millions to enjoy. The reviews are in, the public has spoken and people are spending millions to see them perform worldwide. Who's getting screwed???????? If they sucked, truelly sucked then we'd all know it and they'd disappear into one of their fabulous tax shelters and you'd never hear or see them again..........stop buying the shitty t shirts and sweatshirts and mugs and bobble heads I say...........now that crap really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: August 16, 2006 12:25

I enjoyed them this summer in Paris and Amsterdam. Licks Tour in Rotterdam twice and Utrecht.

I don't think it is enough already, for me it isn't.

But I suppose you can just ignore everything about them, their existence nowadays, and enjoy what they have been. Hope they will not bother you too much, and will not stand between you and some well deserved happiness.

I see no problem. NO; meaning zero, 0. Aucune.

Jelle

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 16, 2006 12:31

To those of you who are sick and tired of Stones could change to Paris Hilton's new record - she probably has a sweet and tender loving voice and is good looking as welll.....

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: August 16, 2006 12:38

Country honk, good point, do you already have it?. Sometimes it's good to be critic, and that doesn't mean that you are a devil.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 16, 2006 12:49

Hi capsula, no I haven't bought it, but I just saw on the news that it has lots of succes on the hit list in Europe and in US....

You can see the video here:

[ekstrabladet.dk]

select the link Musicvideo Paris Hilton.....

Just stating that "junk" can reacher higher than a Stones single....

Posted by: Blade-MD ()
Date: August 16, 2006 12:56

Very true: The Stones are just playing for money. Nothing new and just old hits. Thank God they play some of the obscure stuff. Really alot of us would love to go and hear alot of their old and obscure stuff but that wouldn't attract the masses. Oh well.........

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 16, 2006 13:00

another repeat post, ok you don't like them anymore, fine, cool, if you think they are void of all worth, great! but one question, Why are you posting this here?? I am sure you can find a band that you respect somewhere else, good luck and good bye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-16 13:01 by Ket.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 16, 2006 14:19

If you really feel that way, you do not have to go out to see them, simple. People are entitled to feel as you do, especially if you have seen a few sub-par shows with repetitive set lists. I do not feel that way, I still get that THRILL when I see them first take the stage, Mick prancing out, Keith stretching out to stroke those strings! For me, it is the cheapest rush I can legally have! Seeing Charlie after I thought he was a goner was close to heaven! That first time he hit those drums at Fenway after the cancer scare, I can say I got goosebumps. If it's not that way for you, I say save your time and money.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: August 16, 2006 15:59

Good post, I respect your opinion and can understand where you are coming from...

There is a reason you get similar posts like this every week, these are not coming from people who just come here to bash the band. They are coming from honest Stones fans who are upset with what they have become and how they treat their fans. I think posts saying stay home or don't come to this site are more childish than people who post their honest feelings about their favorite band.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:36

I don't have nothing to add to JJFlash, very well said. I think that one of the reasons that have made the stones famous is that they have (or had) a critic way of thinking and doing music, different to others. That makes them different and original in a similar way to what other great bands did (e.g., Zeppelin). The problem comes when you are not critic. This is something similar to what keith told about jagger first two albums: they are not good because jagger hasn't people that make him critics, just adulators. I really love the stones, I spend and will continue spending if possible a lot of money on them, I feel the same when I hear keith hitting the strings than other fans, I feel the same when charlie hits the drums, even when Chuck plays the first notes of Lets spend the night toguether. Maybe, the problem in these days is that those of the stones who really enjoyed music (Keith and probably Ronni) are tired or with big problems (e.g., arthritis) that impede them from doing what they know to do. In any case, they are the Rolling Stones, the greatest rock and roll band in the world, and that means that, contrary to others, they can do it better if they want.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:54

Funny about how fans react to critisicm. Johhny Cash recorded new material and had a second career in the 90s. Dylan surprises you now and then and also recorded one of his best albums in 1997. Stones hasnt recorded anything really new and great for ages. And they play safe versions of their old songs over and over. Isnt that the problem? When the songs work, fine, party and have a good time but I think they lack the magic that is part of the Stones image. Maybe it is Jagger who is simply scared to change.

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:58

I just want the Stones to play well. I can tolerate the high ticket prices and routine set lists, but I expect some decent guitar playing, i.e., Keith not screwing up the into to Brown Sugar, or Ronnie's leads not sounding like an amplified garbage disposal. Is this too much to ask? I am pondering this as I consider whether or not to purchase tickets for the rumored Oakland show, as I was extremely disappointed by the musical performance in San Fransisco last year.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 20:07

I don't care what they play. They have played a massive part of my life. Only beaten by my parents. But I respect everyones thoughts. This is part of the Stones history. There,s been good and bad bits. No one is perfect. They are only human. And susceptible to anything as you and I are. When they step down it's gone forever. They have been a diary of my life. And many others. If you don't like it now that,s your choice and fine with me. But while it's still there, that's where you'll find me. And I hope to see you all there.

Posted by: florinda ()
Date: August 16, 2006 20:11

headley 123.

I agree with you on the fact that they do it for money. But it is worse than that. In a wider scope than money they do it to suck our energy, of which money is a good part, but not the only part. Consider the amount of admiration, positive energy, good will and generosity displayed by 60.000 people at each concert and you will see that it is much more than money they get from us. I think they behave like corpses that become alive only with all that energy. In return, they treat us like sheep. Well, not anymore in my case

I wish you health and good fortune

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home