Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: A Bigger Shit in Spain
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 17, 2006 16:50

"And this is the last world tour. Let the Stones do their final bow gracefully and like they have planned."

If find these statements very strange from BV. If this is the case then why no announcement from the Stones (surely the tickets would then sell like crazy) and why no mention in the news section?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 17, 2006 16:58

because they dont and never probably will announce a farewell tour as a tacky way of selling tickets..

and because, to be pedantic, its not a news story, but gossip (even if it could be well-informed gossip)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-17 16:58 by Gazza.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 17, 2006 17:26

But this is only the last WORLD TOUR, and the last STADIUM TOUR. So I think it doesn't mean that they'll end live performances. I hope they'll do shorter arena or theatre tours or one night gigs and new albums, too in the future, cause THEY'LL NEVER STOP!!! They can't!!! (Even Charlie wants to continue)

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 17, 2006 18:35

BV - please take a look at page 4 in this thread, where you wrote:

Why not leave the tour planning to Michael Cohl. He is the best in the world when it comes to making Stones shows happening any place. He will probably add up 5-6 shows in Spain, Barcelona and Madrid too of course, plus many others in Europe 2007. No worries. And yes. This is the last and final world tour. Last chance in USA & Canada this fall. And last chance in Europe next summer. Instead of complaining about illness and accidents, which might happen to anybody, and especially if you are above 60 and climb trees or have a sensitive voice, we shold all be happy every day and year the Stones are still alive and touring + recording.

Bjornulf

I can only understand it as you have written:

And yes. This is the last and final world tour. Last chance in USA & Canada this fall. And last chance in Europe next summer.

So, I quoted you correctly

Sorry....

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 17, 2006 20:36

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please do NOT quote me on things I never said:
>
> > bv wrote:
> > Last chance in USA & Canada this fall.
> > And last chance in Europe next summer.
>
> I never said that. Read what I am saying.
> And please do NOT twist my words.

Posted by: bv (IP Logged)
Date: August 16, 2006 01:53

It is easy to be the local personal Stones tour manager, demanding them to perform 15 or so cancelled shows in Europe this summer. But it does not work that way. This is the reason why they can't just add all these shows after Sept. 3:

- Keith will be busy recording Pirates
- A crew of 300 people have time off
- Football season start at stadiums in Europe
- Norh America tour start in 2 weeks time
- The fans can not show up on 4 weeks notice

Why not leave the tour planning to Michael Cohl. He is the best in the world when it comes to making Stones shows happening any place. He will probably add up 5-6 shows in Spain, Barcelona and Madrid too of course, plus many others in Europe 2007. No worries. And yes. This is the last and final world tour. Last chance in USA & Canada this fall. And last chance in Europe next summer. Instead of complaining about illness and accidents, which might happen to anybody, and especially if you are above 60 and climb trees or have a sensitive voice, we shold all be happy every day and year the Stones are still alive and touring + recording.

Bjornulf

I'm very sorry but was someone else posting under your name on page 4.
Very reliable!!!

Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: August 17, 2006 20:42

Chuck recalls the AMSTERDAM 2003 cancellation as follows:

"I remember the last time we played Amsterdam. Mick lost his voice and we had to postpone one of the two shows. It was filmed and recorded for the Four Flicks set, and I think also for a broadcast for Europe. I recall that it wasn’t one of our best…."

Interesting, isn't it? So that might give us a hint as to why the show wasn't broadcast and only parts of it were meshed into FOUR FLICKS....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 18, 2006 00:07

You can't take half a sentence out of it's context and write it up like it can stand on it's own. What I say is this is the last world tour. Last chance for stadium shows in USA & Canada this year. Last chance for stadium shows in Europe next summer hopefully. I say hopefully because many things can happen in 9 months time. But as it is now it looks like they are planning stadium shows next summer in Europe.

May be they do some scattered shows later on, arena or whatever, but prepare for a change for the furure. This must be good news for those who constantly complain about boring set lists and greedy stones having high ticket prices. And bad news for those who love them on their great tours.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: August 18, 2006 00:21

Agreed. I want more warhorses and higher ticket prices. The higher the price, the more sophisticated and well-mannered people will turn up at the gigs. Simple as that.MEZ

Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: August 18, 2006 00:27

@ BV,

if this turns out to be the last big "world tour", they went out with a bang.

They did a good lot of these world tours and these were great. But they started their career in small clubs, so why not slowly "retire" by doing clubs again ?
Would sound coherent to me. (closing the circle again).

BTW, B.B. King has done his "farewell tour" this summer, aged 80 years. He charged over € 100 per ticket for a 65 minute show ! Just to give you some figures!

But hey, that would mean a mere 17 years to go (in the cases of Mick & Keith).. ;-)

Sounds fine to me ;-)

Don.

Posted by: destroyer ()
Date: August 18, 2006 13:12

tattoome Wrote:
> stones cancelled in 8 years 8 concert. wow

Yes, but 6 in Spain, 3 only hours before the show (travels, hotels...):

BILBAO 98, BENIDORM 03, VALLADOLID 06

BCN 06, MADRID 06, EJIDO 06

Mick will be fine in London 20&22, of course, sweet home after a very cold wine

of Porto.

For SPAIN, Stones are over.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: August 18, 2006 13:18

For SPAIN, Stones are over, says Destroyer.
So, Destroyer, then they really should concentrate on the rest of Europe. Where people appreciate them, and are intelligent enough to understand that they don't LIKE to cancel. They only consider that when health-problems force them to. If the people in Spani, and elsewhere, don't understand that - they don't deserve to see the Stones.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 18, 2006 15:40

quite agree.

Posted by: destroyer ()
Date: August 18, 2006 19:11

shidoobee Wrote:
> For SPAIN, Stones are over, says Destroyer.
> So, Destroyer, then they really should concentrate
> on the rest of Europe. Where people appreciate
> them, and are intelligent enough to understand
> that they don't LIKE to cancel. They only consider
> that when health-problems force them to. If the
> people in Spani, and elsewhere, don't understand
> that - they don't deserve to see the Stones.

In these days; Spanish press, radio and TV only remember all those cancelled shows of different tours, excuses or health-problems included. If they come back in 2007, fans will go but the general/casual people who filled stadium may be tired to spend time & money. These are the real things.

"(Spain) they don't deserve to see the Stones", Do you think reality?

This year, all 4 spanish shows sold out or 95%,(+ 200.000 sold tickets); main markets like Holland, Germany or UK wide open this tour, US fall tour the same...

Only a example: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Enjoy your shows for us.

From Spain, see you the next time.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: August 18, 2006 21:54

I must say that I completely disagree with the subject of this thread.

Shit is shit. Shit is no bigger in Spain than it is anywhere else.

Posted by: florinda ()
Date: August 23, 2006 06:29

The Stones left Spain without playing a single concert but with their pockets full, as promoters had to pay high insurance rates so the group would get paid even if they cancelled the shows. This explains how Mick did not bother to get a fix of cortisone or any other fast remedy and do the shows. It was easier to rest and get ready for London. This was my initial opinion but it is all over the news here now. That, and the amount of public money lost on these cancelled shows ( a few million euro) which is now a political issue. The Stones will have it hard to find a promoter for future shows in this country.

Posted by: tranki ()
Date: August 23, 2006 10:52

florinda Wrote:

> The
> Stones will have it hard to find a promoter for
> future shows in this country.

They won't. Both local promoters have stated they're working to get a Stones show next year.

Posted by: florinda ()
Date: August 23, 2006 17:01

Hola tranki, Both promoters might have the "gambler's sindrome", that is, they have lost so much already that they're head on to lose more. El ejido seems determined to sell vegetables with the ir trademark of origin. As for Valladolid, public money could be a tough issue. In any case, you seem to be ready for the concerts. I wish you good luck.

Date: August 23, 2006 17:44

florinda Wrote:
> Hola tranki, Both promoters might have the
> "gambler's sindrome", that is, they have lost so
> much already that they're head on to lose more. El
> ejido seems determined to sell vegetables with the
> ir trademark of origin. As for Valladolid, public
> money could be a tough issue. In any case, you
> seem to be ready for the concerts. I wish you good
> luck.

Hola Florinda, i agree with the "political" issue with Valladolid, anyway, the guy who's bringing the Stones to Spain since 1976 said they would come back next year for sure...let's wait.

It seems that today we will get a final decission for the concert in El Ejido (maybe they'll announce a date for 2007, but the promoter is still trying to bring them in september - they say the 7th, which i really hope).

[www.europapress.es]

[www.nortecastilla.es]

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 23, 2006 17:57

AY!

Los trabajadores y las personas que les gustan los rolling stones no se sienten bien!

Date: August 23, 2006 18:05

Just announced on radio:

The Rolling Stones won't play this year in El Ejido (between the 3rd and the 20th of September) because of technical reasons.

They will announce a date for 2007 (between june and august) in december.

The actual tickets won't be valid for 2007, refunds start in 7 days.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home