Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why no Detroit?
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:24

I'll be in Detroit during fall but unfortunately the Stones won't play that city. Does soembody know why?

Re: Why no Detroit?
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:29

Poor ticket sales last summer.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:34

Axel Foley and Robocop discovered a plot by the Stones to smuggle Deutsch marks into the country, and foiled it. Great detective work, Axel and Robo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-14 20:36 by Jumpin'JackFrash.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:43

Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Axel Foley and Robocop discovered a plot by the
> Stones to smuggle Deutsch marks into the country,
> and foiled it. Great detective work, Axel and
> Robo!

There is no deutschmarks anymore since 2002.

So Axel and Robo are not the smartest. Are you their boss?

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:44

Your mom's their boss...

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: August 14, 2006 21:35

My guess is that the stage you wish to see the Rolling Stones play on is going to be in Regina Saskatchewan on Oct. 6th and 8th, the week when the Stones should or could logically be playing Detroit. The Detroit Lions have two away games on Oct 1 and 8th but play at home at Ford Field on Oct. 15th, so everything a few days before and after that date is no good. Then they will be on the other stage in Chicago on the 11th. So my guess is if they are doing the touring-with-two-stages thing, then unfortunately for you, the Saskatchewan stage is headed West for Seattle while the Chicago stage is headed south because it's needed in Texas for El Paso. Then again, the stadium in Detroit is open on the 29th, but that is when the Stones themselves will be in Atlantic City and New York doing the Bill Clinton thing and who knows, I guess the stage will be on its way to Vancouver by then maybe. So I guess the stages are simply headed in the wrong direction or on the wrong days for you guys.

But I agree it is weird, they do not seem to be playing many of the big predictable cities of the US at all...

Posted by: gengiant90 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 23:04

Do not panic!! Word is that Windsor is still in the in the running for a show. And Windsor is just 5 minutes fron Downtown Detroit. They will probably use Windsor Raceway. Rumour has it betwwen October 11(Chicago) and 17(Seattle). Keep your fingers crossed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-14 23:11 by gengiant90.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 14, 2006 23:31

Because artists feel obligated to let Kid Rock join them on stage for a number

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 14, 2006 23:40

Ill be in The Hague Holland the whole year and they wont play here either.

Altough I think they should end the tour here because this was there first real live performance in Europe ('64)

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: August 15, 2006 01:47

Nicos, last week they opened a new Event Area (one of these undefined open spaces) in Delft, Rotterdamseweg. So I am pretty sure that The Hague wont have a show in 2007, because the Stones will play Delft. And they will visit the Nieuwe Kerk and the Prinsenhof too.

I'll make sure I'll get you some tickets, and you can sleep at my place because the trip to The Hague would simply be onverantwoordelijk op dat uur van de nacht.

See you in 2007!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 15, 2006 02:13

Sluissie, your my friend because you know all about "onverantwoordelijk".
but my home town is The Hague I live in Rijswijk this moment so this is only a few steps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home