Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will Louisville be worth it?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 12, 2006 04:11

Would it be worth traveling 300 plus miles to the show? Will there be seats off to the side where you can't even see? I've been to Churchill and the sides are FAR apart.If you're way off to 1 side, you'd be screwed. Will Drake's after party be everything it sounds like?

Re: Will Louisville be worth it?
Posted by: scelsa ()
Date: August 12, 2006 04:45

NO. Set up will SUCK. Guaranteed. I have been at many STones race track shows. Do not bother. Go to another show

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 12, 2006 04:47

I've been giving this careful thought. Cheap seats ($60?) will indeed be cheap viewing, for what I can determine by the seating chart.

I though about coming just so I can possibly meet some of you folks in person.

However, the wife is voting it down, so I probably won't make it there.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 12, 2006 04:57

bassplayer617 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been giving this careful thought. Cheap seats
> ($60?) will indeed be cheap viewing, for what I
> can determine by the seating chart.
>
> I though about coming just so I can possibly meet
> some of you folks in person.
>
> However, the wife is voting it down, so I probably
> won't make it there.

u don't have veto power?

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 12, 2006 08:50

One of my friends works at the Downs. Tommorow I'm taking my camera out there to show everyone exactly what the view will be like. IMHO, it will be the most intimate "stadium stage" concert of the entire tour. That is, except for the $60 seats way off to the sides. But you get what you pay for. I'm opting for the $160s and everyone else I know will be doing $100s.

300 miles? I cant speak for you on that.
Only those who've met me can vouch for the aftershow party.

-Drake

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 12, 2006 08:59

i just got back from Nice and i'd have to say that was the smallest stadium stage i've seen in a while. more like a VERY small arena that happens to be outside.

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: August 12, 2006 16:08

i opted for the 160 seats also....in section 222...i was concerned about the seats to the side too..i'm curious about the distance from the stage itself to the grandstand

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: August 12, 2006 16:29

I posted on Shidoobee that I was at Churchill yesterday (mulling around, alright I might have made a few off track bets at Arlington and Saratoga too!) and IMO the D and T sections will offer fantastic sight lines to the stage as long as we're getting a good representation on the chart. The straight away seats (grandstand and clubhouse) will be killer too from the vantage I had yesterday. But, I will agree, the extreme side seats may not be great vantage points, but as stated, "you get what you pay for". And I'm sure there will be ample big-screen viewing all the way around for this venue.

As an fyi, I've attached an article from local paper here in Louisville regarding the preparations for the D and T sections for this concert.

As far as vouching for Drake-the guy is spot-on with his preshow and post show partying capabilities smiling smiley and well his boot abilities speak for themself unless you're hearing impaired! I look for good things to come from young Drake in the recording-tech world.

[www.courier-journal.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 12, 2006 18:49

This will be great.
The Stones at another unique venue = an event, a happening.
Kick ass rock and roll. What more can you want?

It's up to you...
My brother and I are driving down from Detroit.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 12, 2006 18:52

I'm not sure how the seating will be as this is the first time they've ever had a concert this large at the Downs, but the early reports are looking good. I think overall the $100 and $160 seats will offer a better view than at the typical concert.

As for the party ... the city is going to go crazy. Louisville never gets any big events except for the Derby. so there is going to be a very festive atmosphere in town that day. And Drake throws an excellent party, trust me. All of Fourth Street live and the Highlands will be rockin'. If you can't have fun in Louisville that day, you don't have a pulse.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 12, 2006 19:49

Got an X-pensive ticket and looking froward to the trip. Anytime you can hang out with drake, ohno, and yours truly, it's worth it! winking smiley

Date: August 12, 2006 19:59

do you have your ticket yet Elmo, and if so where at?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 12, 2006 20:01

My friend (a legacy member) got 'em yesterday. The top dollar ones. Didn't get the exact location from her, but I will. We may possibly have an extra. Watch yo' e-mail.

SK

Date: August 12, 2006 20:12

i got two $100 tickets in 124, row F.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 12, 2006 20:33

pics up on the other thread

-Drake

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-13 11:39 by drake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home