Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone saw the Amsterdam show and thought Keith sung out of tune?
Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: August 7, 2006 00:59

A college of mine thought so, and there I was, thinking Keith sang increadible well on Slipping away. Am I missing something here?

Re: Anyone saw the Amsterdam show and thought Keith sung out of tune?
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 7, 2006 01:18

In my very humble opinion: I have never heard Keith sing good as he did on Slipping Away in Amsterdam.

Mathijs

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 7, 2006 01:20

Yes, Keith's two songs were magic. Before They Make Me Run.. it gives me goosebumps!!

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 7, 2006 01:42

he outdone himself during Slipping Away - and it's something . 3 years ago in Amsterdam when he played Slippin Away I almost fainted. It must something about Amsterdam & Slipping Away.

Than in Stuttgart he had this powerful, strong vocals on Slipping Away - never heard him doing anything like that before on that tune...

THANK YOU KEITH...

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: August 7, 2006 01:47

aah, I wanna hear it! Does anybody have it and is willing to post it on Hot Stuff?? thanx!

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 7, 2006 03:18

Keith = Singing out of tune since 1943, but that's what makes him Keith.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 7, 2006 11:37

In a newspaper they said that his singing is as good as his climbing trees

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: August 7, 2006 11:49

The guy in the newspaper (Menno Pot) wrote his article before the actual show. He took his last Stones-review (Rotterdam I, Licks Tour), changed the order of some things, put a little extra in here and a little extra in there, all predictable, and headed to the ArenA, and got so drunk he missed the show.

He is the same guy who, in his review of the Vredenburg-show, endlessly apologized for his writings in that same Licks-review. He is a sickmaking little cockroach. Maybe I should tell him that. So many people are reading these reviews, and think: hm, glad I didn't buy those tickets... How can they be convinced to buy tickets the next time?

Jelle

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: August 7, 2006 11:51

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith = Singing out of tune since 1943, but that's
> what makes him Keith.

You*re tqlking bull again - and that's what makes you you... Actually _ I was at the Amdam show. I've seen them 80 times, and never have I heard Keith sing as well as in Amdam. It was magical. And he was a great singer in his childhood, too. Guess who's the solo singer during the coronnation of Queen Elizabeth II in St. Paul's Cathedral! Get your act together Elmo Deafhy!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 7, 2006 12:02

The funny thing is that i as well thought he sang really well! But, if we think he sings well is because he has done much worse. A friend of mine saw the stones for the first time and even though Slipping Away is one of his favorite songs, he thought Keith can't sing at all anymore. He still liked it though, because it's keith :-D

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 7, 2006 14:08

lol, keith;s always singing like that smiling smiley
i do like it smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 7, 2006 15:22

shidoobee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And he was a great singer in his childhood, too.
> Guess who's the solo singer during the coronnation
> of Queen Elizabeth II in St. Paul's Cathedral!

I knew he sang in a choir as a boy, but I didn't know that part. There must be recordings of that event, would be interesting to hear.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 7, 2006 15:27

He did it very well!!!!

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: August 7, 2006 15:35

I thought keef was good in Adam.

IMHO This Place Is Empty in Paris was better.

Posted by: aimz ()
Date: August 8, 2006 02:07

Keith's Keith!
He's not an exceptional singer, but @#$%&, the feeling and energy in his voice just does it for me. He's got his own style, for sure, and yno, we go see him so he must be doing something right!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 8, 2006 02:20

geeeeez people - get your ears together - first of all look at scale Keith is using - with all due respect to Mick - but Mick can't use such a wide range of scale while he's signing. The way Keith can go from lower sounds to higher ones is unbelievable. There's one thing about Keith's singing - that's the emotions he is literally pouring on everybody, that's the feeling, that's this 'straigh-from-heart' singing, BUT the other thing is his technique.

Out of tune!? For Christ sake, his voice can follows rythm in such a mysterious way, it fills every possibile space everywhere. In Amsterdam I think he outdone himself on SA. In Stuttgart he used stronger voice for this one, never heard him doing such a thing in this number.

and Keith being out of tune since 1963!? this is ridiculous. Listen to early recordings, listen to Stones album, listen to his back-ups, the way he fills the spaces here and there with his angel voice. Listen to Exile and give me another example of such a beautiful angel voice in the entire universe

Btw, since Stuttgart they started playing song with Keith on backing vocals in Europe 2006. Ruby Tuesday and than Wild Horses in Zurich. Well, well, well, the next thing I think about is Memory Motel, but let's see smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-08 02:24 by PiotrRSpl.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: August 8, 2006 02:21

@#$%& all newspapers!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 8, 2006 02:22

That's what I'm screamin', aimz.

Also, I am too young to have been at QE II's coronation!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home