Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Paris show was terrific !
Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: July 29, 2006 17:59

Agreed, Best ABB - EU show so far!!!

My opinion though is that it was one of ron's better shows.
Keith is getting all his old routines back which is a delight to see. Every show he improves.

P

Posted by: salar ()
Date: July 29, 2006 18:16

Hi folks,

After seing my first ABB gig in Köln last Sunday, which was kind of mediocre for me I had the honour to visit yesterdays show in Paris with 2 great fellows
( TooTough & Thomas M. better known as Guy Mokket)

Well..I saw the Stones several times on every tour since 82..and I saw every Paris gig since 95....but I never ever expected to witness one of the best Rock`n Roll shows this planet has ever seen, folks.

From the very first second till the last chords of satisfaction I saw a high energy show with:

A perfect sound..I was in FOS..position between main and b-stage and I do not think that you can get a better sound at all..cristal clear and LOUD guitars...both could be heared well..Micks voice made me shiver....

They were on top of their game...
They had fun, they got the crowd from minute one till the end...a crowd which was mixed with young and old...Stade de France was near boiling point last night.
The sensation: Streets of Love....a fantastic live song..the double punch Rambler & Night time...awesome and tremendous...Keiths set...such a cool ballade followed by a perfect rocker with super guitar interplay between Keith and Ronni.

The warehorses have been playd as if their live would depend on it...
and Paint it black fits in superb in the last songs...I mean...every song has had its highlights,..even the mistakes and the things which went wrong were funny...

Ronny was so on fire tonight..after an almost absent performance in Köln he was so focused and concentrated and his solo on YCAGWYW was brilliant .

It was a 2 hour 5 minutes trip in Rockn Roll heaven...you can not expect more and if I could choose a dream gig in my fantasie....Paris could be my first choice.

After being sceptical after the Köln gig, the Stones , once more, proofed that they perform in a league on their own.
I will always remember the Rolling Stones Paris show 2006 !

See you next sommer folks.

Salar

Posted by: duviquet ()
Date: July 29, 2006 18:48

interesting comments by phd as
the stones did NOT play paris in 1981 nor in 1971 !!!
anyway yesterday night was great.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 29, 2006 18:55

Sorry. I just misfit with 1970 and 1982. What a drag it is..... And perhaps due to still being knocked out by yersterday show. Which you might understand, though.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 29, 2006 19:18

just how many rolling stones concerts in paris were there yesterday? from the accounts discussed on this board, there must certainly have been more than one!

Date: July 29, 2006 19:43

Maybe you can go to this :

[jt.france2.fr]

there is a dedicated caption.

Date: July 29, 2006 20:16

Or this one : click on the pic of Mick

[videos.tf1.fr]

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: July 29, 2006 22:20

Just back to Norway after this FANTASTIC show. After the opening riffs of JJF I knew this was a good night and well worth the journey

The band was ON, really seemed to enyjoy themselves stage.
My 13th concert since 1982, an 7 of 20 songs were new live to me (4 from ABB, Night Time and She's So Cold). AND got a top Midnight Rambler.

The sound was VERY good, I was standing FOS Keiths side,about 2/3 from the stage and 2 meters from the gateway (close to Salar?), the sound was perfect.
Mick sang well, and so did Keith, his was voice was very good. The surprise was how well SOL worked live, great playing and Mick doing great vocals.

What's there to complain about? Nothing, except that the bass riff from Sympathy isn't there (the song misses the peak, it is not a guitar driven song), and Miss you also misses Bill's bass, but aside from that it worked well. But most of the audience don't notice, and I am in the minority here.

Since 1990, this might be the best concert I've been to, but memory fades and the last is always the best if it is good. Anyway, Circus in Stocholm 2003 was a better eperience (for me), and I remember how Out Of Control rocked in Oslo in 1998, but all in all, thinking of performance, this is on the top. And we have two loud and clear guitars now.

If you ignore my "whining" about missing Bill this was a GREAT concert, and I would rather have them as they are now then at not at all (like some others who still go anyway just to complain! Ha! )

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: July 30, 2006 00:07

The 2006 Paris show was so great that it should be recorded on a DVD, especially with Midnight rambler. There are too few recorded shows with Midnight rambler. Midnight rambler has not been recorded as often as Tumbling dice, for instance.
The whole concert was perfect. Years ago, I saw the Stones in Paris at different venues: Auteuil, Parc des Princes, Longchamp, Bercy, Stade de France. This time, the quality of the sound and the quality of the performance were both even higher than all the previous shows I attended in Paris.
I am waiting for the next gig. The Stones will never stop. They are authentic musicians.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 30, 2006 06:39

Well, I was at Stade de France but I felt so ill from exhaustion that it was hard for me to enjoy it. In fact, I don't remember much about the show. The problem is that I left LA for Paris already tired from working the week before. I arrived the evening of the 27th and couldn't sleep because of jet lag. Then, on the 28th, I walked around Paris for most of the day. I was supposed to go back to my hotel to get some sleep before the show, but ended up going to the Four Seasons on George V, where the Stones were staying. There were a bunch of fans waiting outside, but I just walked in the door (thank goodness I was wearing khaki slacks and a sportshirt) went to the lounge and ordered a 12 Euro double espresso. It was great. Saw Blondie, Bobby Keys. Then saw Charlie walk by, at 16:50, followed by Ronnie and Keith a little after 17:00. They all looked great, and I thought it was funny that Charlie arrived 10 minutes early and ended up waiting in the car for Keith. Exactly what I would have expected -- I am sure that this probably happens at every show on the tour. Anyway, by the time the Stones took the stage at 21:30, I was so tired from travel and lack of sleep that I felt sick. I tried to enjoy the show, but it's hard when you're physically wiped out. I have learned my lesson. I slept 10 hours last night, and will get lots of rest before Amsterdam. . . . .

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 30, 2006 06:45

GeorgV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (like some
> others who still go anyway just to complain! Ha! )

...and get paid handsomely for it, I might add. You think fine whining doesn't take years of practice?

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: July 30, 2006 13:33

drbryant, it was too bad that you were exhausted to enjoy the show, but, at least, you succeeded in seeing some Stones at George V Hotel. Lots of fans would have liked to take a glimpse of them there.

Date: July 30, 2006 16:20

Yesterday evening news. Slightly different from midday. The subject is the last one listed. Click on it. Last about 1'30". Still 89,000 audience announced.

[jt.france2.fr]

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 31, 2006 23:08

stonefan wrote "remember the licks Tour concert in Stade de France in 2003 and I was so disappointed with the sound and the performance"

I was there. I was disappointed with the sound during the first 5 songs, but the whole performance, IMO, was decent during the first half of the show and almost great on the second half. Glad to hear that the Stones performed much better this time. But no surprise, to me. I said many times that, IMO, this tour is the best Stones round since 1995.

Posted by: glimmerchef ()
Date: August 1, 2006 18:16

Damn !

I had read so many poor reviews of the tour so far, from america and europe, that my expecetations were not very high....
I went to the Stade de France because I had to (never missed a show in Paris since 1976...), and to my biggest surprise, this was indeed one of the very best shows I attended, and it was my 39th in 30 years.

My best show ever was Stade de France 2003, I was front row Ronnie's side, very near the center. I know it was not everyone's favorite show, but still it is mine.

I'd say this year was just on par with the Olympia show 1995, in my Top 5 with Toronto skydome 98.

Hope some audio/video boots surface someday !

Date: August 1, 2006 19:59

glimmerchef Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope some audio/video boots surface someday !

A lot of people expect so. Just for the sake of MR,JJF,PIB and YCAGWYW. And for the great ovation to Keith,showing how shy and humble he is.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home