Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Public reception of Stones albums
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 22, 2006 16:10

Since I was born in early eighties I wasn't around or I was very little when some Stones album were released. So I wonder what was the reception of their records when they were released. I know for instance that Exile gained rather lukewarm reviews when it was out. On the other hand opinions on Dirty Work were more enthusiastic in 1986 than they are now. What about other records from 70' and early 80'? Did reviews differ then significantly from today's opinions on these albums?

Re: Public reception of Stones albums
Posted by: EalingClub ()
Date: July 22, 2006 17:48

Black and Blue was ripped pretty good by the reviewers, it's now held up as a near-classic. Some Girls and Tattoo You were praised then and now. I take reviews with a grain of salt since opinions and taste can change as time goes on. To borrow loosely from Keith Richards about his favorite guitar, my favorite Stones album is the one I'm listening to.

Re: Public reception of Stones albums
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:40

What about Goat's and Emotional Rescue? Or It's Only R'nR? The last one to me is almost a classic, but frankly I haven't heard neither extremely positive nor extremely negative opinions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home