Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Front Of Stage Europe 2006
Date: July 16, 2006 04:10

This means its time to replace Honkey Tonk Women with It Must Be Hell.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 16, 2006 05:11

I have no money but I have a credit card and I will charge it to the max to continue to go to every Stones concert possible (11 so far this tour and planning more in the Fall). I think the Beatles said it best with "Money can't buy you love" And I sure love the Rolling Stones! Sarah

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: July 16, 2006 09:39

"can't they adjust the FOS section according to the FOS tickets they actually sold? Wouldn't it would seem nicer, also for the FOS-holders, to be a little more packed?"

NO THANKS!! I paid the premium for FOS and if the rest of you can't be bothered to pay 20 euros more I don't want or need to be jam packed in like sardines thank you very much! I like the room to move around as the band moves up and down the ramp. I also like the fact that some of my friends can move up to the front and try to catch a guitar pick while I prefer to be able to simply move and breathe.

There are all types of hard-core fans. You don't have to look like you are about to be squeezed out the top of a ketchup bottle to prove your worthiness.

Thanks BV for the insight. Now I know that at Cologne next week it will be a comfortable experience besides being a f---ing amazing Stones show!!!!

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: July 16, 2006 10:13

www.olympiapark.de

This place is empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 16, 2006 11:18

If you ever have been to an open air concert you would know that there are rules for how many people you are allowed to allow into a certain area. Just like rules for how mny people you can have in a car, a building, a bus etc. If you don't follow these rules then people might die in case of an accident or a riot, like they did in Roskilde, and several other infamous shows like the Who Cincinnati (sorry if my memory is bad). Luckily they do respect these rules of course. Imagine a panic or a riot and there were no space. People would die. So in the FOS there are usually the number of people that are legally licensed, and also acceptable security wise. The Stones have their own experts on crowd control. That is why you are safe at a Stones show. While local security are busy picking up guitar picks for their own pockets, and bugging you with your little cameras, the Stones crowd control experts check out number of people, how there are, where they are and so on. You will not normally see them but they are there I see they have a nightmare job at times when local security is awful. So they are taking care of this and things are just fine. The fact that everybody want to be up front with a large space behind them does not mean this space is free to use by others. It is simply the security scape in case of a riot. If this one is full then somebody have been breaking the law, and putting your security in jeopardy. I have seen it a few times on tour, and if I was a small girl or a kid I would no be in that area at all. A big bush and you are under, litterally.

Bjornulf

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 16, 2006 12:22

From the webcam in Munich:

There seems to be a section between the FOS area and the b-stage, for the first to arrive with general "Innenraum" tickets.

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 16, 2006 13:23

Sometimes rules are ok, sometimes not. It's also a very simple logic.

Sure it's not in a sentence: "Rocks off rules You Bastards"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-16 13:24 by Hurriganes.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 16, 2006 13:31

Yes, erikjjf, that looks interesting indded. A section between fos and "Innenraum"....was it the same in Vienna and Milan ? By the way, does it work the same this time that you have to run to the very left or right side in front of the stage to get into the fos section? I can't see any entrance to the fos section on the webcam pic so I guess it works the same as on previous tours, right?

Posted by: Joern III ()
Date: July 16, 2006 13:57

what is the "Front of Stage" ? the first section or the secound too (by the
schmal stage ? i donĀ“t know

Date: July 16, 2006 14:06

By the way in the past they used to have three sections on the floor in Munich. FOS = Front of Main Stage, then middle section and the the rest outside. Only place in Germany I think. Don't know if they do it on this tour as well. Also they had very special wristbands.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 16, 2006 14:45

Well, judging from the pictures, the FOS area isn't that big

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 16, 2006 15:35

I made a joke in another thread about Cohl wanting to make more money with the FOS but of course it's not a joke but true. The only thing i don't understan is this. Bv said in his post tha there is a large part of the FOS empty becuase everybody wants to be as close to the stage as possible. Why don't they sell more FOS tickets?!?!?! There is more room in the FOS area then there are people in it!!!!

Strange way of thinking by Cohl there!

Personally i love the idea of tickets, You don't have to wait in line all day anymore to have a relaxed spot on the the pitch. Normally i waited all day to have a place front row. When the FOS area was filled you could leave the area and have a drink or walk around the stadium a bit because you get in the FOS area again and people were saving your spot. This time i don't have to be there so early and still have a place in the FOS area. Ok i won't be up front but i find interesting enough to have a good total vieuw of the stage instead of having to be up front.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 16, 2006 16:49

After this Stones and Who tours Michael Cohl will be remembered as the man whose greed killed rock and rock and live performances leaving a taste so bad in people's mouths they never return.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 16, 2006 16:59

Wuudy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Personally i love the idea of tickets, You don't
> have to wait in line all day anymore to have a
> relaxed spot on the the pitch. Normally i waited
> all day to have a place front row. When the FOS
> area was filled you could leave the area and have
> a drink or walk around the stadium a bit because
> you get in the FOS area again and people were
> saving your spot. This time i don't have to be
> there so early and still have a place in the FOS
> area. Ok i won't be up front but i find
> interesting enough to have a good total vieuw of
> the stage instead of having to be up front.

Actually in Milan last tuesday I enetered the venue at 08.15pm, 45 minutes before the band started, and still ended up in the first row!

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 16, 2006 17:02

How many people did you have to kill on your way to the front row, dunhill?

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: July 16, 2006 17:19

As long as you keep saying "pardon" everyone usually lets you by, thinking you were already up there and just went out for a break!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 16, 2006 17:31

Gazza Wrote:
> windmelody Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have to
> > admit that four aristocratic and charismatic
> guys
> > are much more Rock`n`Roll than four boring
> > businessmen.
>
>
> you're making that sound like its a major
> accomplishment
>
> great post, otonneau

Great posts by Otonneau and Gazza. I am not complaining about the Stones earning millions, I wish them all the best, it is good that you can make money with great music. But sometimes they behave like Dagobert Duck, and although I am a fan I find that ridiculous.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 16, 2006 17:40

Steven Wrote:
> After this Stones and Who tours Michael Cohl will
> be remembered as the man whose greed killed rock
> and rock and live performances leaving a taste so
> bad in people's mouths they never return.

Steven? Steven? Can it be you? Have you 'seen the light' ? winking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 16, 2006 17:45

What does't matter he will be in the books as "Greatest Concert Seller All Times" that's all that count, making history.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 16, 2006 18:06

what books??? Is there a Guinness Book of Records special edition for "Pointless World records that appeal to no one but egomaniacs" ?

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: July 16, 2006 18:32

"what books??? Is there a Guinness Book of Records special edition for "Pointless World records that appeal to no one but egomaniacs" ?"

that's a good one mate! I'll quote you on that, lol!

Date: July 16, 2006 18:36

I think Michael & the Boys would be delighted to be in that book for several reasons ;-)

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 16, 2006 18:37

Wuudy Wrote:
> Why don't they sell more FOS tickets?!?!?! There is more room in the FOS area then there are people in it!!!!
>
> Strange way of thinking by Cohl there!

Becuse they are not allowed to exceed a certain number of people for a given space. Safety regulations.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: July 16, 2006 19:05

Michael Cohl is being a major whimp here. Security matters should never become as important as business matters.
Cash is king. Money talks.
Please, let more people access the FOS area straight away. MEZ

and Ay ay baby it hurts

Date: July 16, 2006 19:09

Altamont II

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 16, 2006 19:48

Street Fighting that's what we want ..................

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 16, 2006 21:22

rrronnie Wrote:
> How many people did you have to kill on your way
> to the front row, dunhill?

0! I have developed seroious front-row-reaching tactics in 20 years of concert going.
You just have to be polite and peope will let you throug, still you have to watch for that special blitzkrieg moment and GO!!!

Date: July 17, 2006 01:02

The Front Of Stage area in Munich was back to normal i.e. 3000 people only. Lots of space and nice and small area up front. Then they had another 2nd area behind the FOS which was may be 2000 people max, between the FOS and actually touching the B-stage which again was way over to towards the other side. The rest of the field/pitch was very big, because the Olympic Stadium in Munich has got a running track and lots of exra grass, so I guess it was may be 10,000 people behing FOS-1 and FOS-2. May be it was only Milan and Vienna that had the special deal with large FOS areas, because the stage was placed on the wide side of the stadium these places. Or may be it is up to the local promoter to sell as many or as few FOS tickets. Anyway Munich was a nice surprise FOS wise.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 17, 2006 02:04

all tickets should be the same as long ago... and the people who are queuing early should be at the front...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 17, 2006 02:08

wow, how did you do that dunhill? having some friends queuing early? actually i hate it when people are doing this... other people did wait all day to get to the front... hope you dont sneak in at my place, cos there may me some words..

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home