Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Front Of Stage Europe 2006
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 15, 2006 21:38

In Milan it was hard to see but in Vienna it was all clear. The Front Of Stage area on this tour is more than half of the entire pitch/field. It used to be a barrier where they protected the people in the front from the pressure coming from the rest of the field. With may be 25% or so of the crowd on the floor. Now it is an extra income for the band and the promoter. The B-stage is moved all the way over to the other side of the field. The old for triangle is now a rectangle almost, and it looks a bit weired because as all people move to the front in the fos it is a large empty area in the middle of the field. And in Vienna "Honky Tonk Women" was all over before they arrived back to the main stage, which is telling a bit how far out the B-stage was located.

Bjornulf

Re: Front Of Stage Europe 2006
Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:16

Thanks for Information, BV
-------------------------------------------------

I think that`s are bad news !!
Mr. Cohl now is again taking money not like a gentleman.
SHI...

Grüsse

Gerhard

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:27

Only selfish people would disapprove of the new size of the FOS area. Don't you get it? The bigger the FOS area, the more people get the chance to see the band from a close range. Mr Cohl is marvelous at running the Stones business. Keep in mind that we live in an era of market economy. Simple as that.MEZ

and Ay ay baby it hurts

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:30

If FOS means half the stadium it´s not FOS anymore. Nothing to do with selfishness. You´re not THAT close to the band standing in the middle of the stadium with a FOS ticket in your pocket. It simply doesn´t make sense.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:34

Manhattan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only selfish people would disapprove of the new
> size of the FOS area. Don't you get it? The bigger
> the FOS area, the more people get the chance to
> see the band from a close range.

Funny!

(at least it is if I think you're saying this tongue in cheek!)

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:38

Manhattan,

very funny.

But I have heard much better jokes.........

Date: July 15, 2006 22:41

It is very simple. We live in a monetary world. I.e. money is king. The floor/pitch/field in Europe (for Stones shows) is now divided into three - 3 - parts. The front, the middle and the back. Nobody is in the middle. That part is empty, because it is part of FOS and everybody there is up front, or at the first 1/3 of the field. Except for the four songs they perform on the B-stage at the back. Then a lot of the FOS people move to the back i.e. the empty area. The people who wanted to save say 20 Euro, or who did not buy tickets in time, are in the rear part i.e. the back of the stadium. That is life. A good reason for spending a little extra on FOS tickets because in the past you could stay at the sides and see a lot, but these days there is hardly anything left of the "sides". This is just for your information. I have no opinion on ticket sales and prices. It is a market issue and they seems to be doing well on that part.

Bjornulf

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:41

The B stage being waaay back is good as the people in that area would not have a chance to get up close other wise.

When the tickets went up for sale and I saw the seating plans some with a large square or oblong box for FOS, I did wonder about the shape being different.

Just put it down to the person making the plan not knowing what they are doing.

Ha ,That will teach me.

I am just wondering what the next ploy will be ?.

We have FOS & On stage (which is not really on stage at all) this tour.

People sitting behind the stage has been done.

What is left for the marketing men ??.

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: July 15, 2006 22:57

UNDER THE STAGE OFFCOURSE, where you see nada, zip, nougabollen!

This must be a wet dream to Jagger: the real fan pays 1000 Euro to see nothing, they play a CD that you hear under the stage and Jagger is on that moment on his fúcking beach WITH SANDLFLIES.

BTW: I think the webmaster is a collaborator: always protecting his own intrest: "I'm chosing no side, it's the market", get real man SAY IT THAT THIS STINKS!!!!!!

In the 1982 the prices where democratic, just because they could fill up stadiums. They earned a lot of money and we saw them at half the price of Bowies Serious moonlight tour.
Now they don't sell out, doesn't matter they ripp you off.

I have tickets for all the concerts (8) from Munich to Nice (execpt Switserland), but I will not drink, eat, or buy any merchandise! FÚCK JAGGER

BTW: I want my 871,80 Euro finnally back for the 7 concerts I had tickekts for, but where cancelled! Didn't got a cent back untill now!

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 15, 2006 23:16

They could have a see through stage.

But all the guys will fight to be under Lisa.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 15, 2006 23:18

First I would like to say that it is great to have people like Björnulf who inform us about the things like the new FOS definition. Thankyou Björnulf. Of course we live in a monetary world, but would the magic be the same if the the Stones would present themselves as businessmen? The adoration the Stones receive through their fans is comparable to the adoration authoritarian aristocrats receive through their most loyal supporters! Although all the tricks they use to get more money are getting on my nerves( they really should give back the money to the ticketholders of the cancelled shows), I have to admit that four aristocratic and charismatic guys are much more Rock`n`Roll than four boring businessmen.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 15, 2006 23:34

In Munich they are more or less doing what they did in 2003.
But the B stage is moved further back.
[www.olympiapark.de]

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 15, 2006 23:58

Next tour there will be a FOS within the FOS $$$$$$$$$
(if there is demand for a next tour)

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 16, 2006 00:02

That would be FOF.
Front of fence at back of front of stage, nosmiling smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 16, 2006 00:11

I don't know whose idea it is to make the FOS area bigger but it's just deceiving people IMO. But this is the last tour so who cares. People won't take the shit of this tour again.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: July 16, 2006 00:19

"It is very simple. We live in a monetary world. I.e. money is king."
Yes, and so what? Maybe then it's an ugly world.

"The people who wanted to save say 20 Euro, or who did not buy tickets in time, are in the rear part i.e. the back of the stadium. That is life."
Perhaps it's an ugly life.

"I have no opinion on ticket sales and prices."
Too bad. But then let's indeed not have one, and not say "that's life", a tautology which, if not a justification, is at least a dismissal of any disapprobation.

"It is a market issue and they seems to be doing well on that part."
Well, they decide to make it a market issue. Not everyone thinks that way. It is too easy to say "everyone is greedy and wants more money, so that's OK". First, even if it was true, it would not make it OK; second, it's not true.

I paid for first rank tickets, and I don't complain, anyway I can pay. The Stones are a fabulous rock band, so I go see them. But I surely would like them better if they were not so insanely greedy.

The world might have changed. But the only reason for this is that WE have changed.

I am certainly not an idealist. But the one thing worst is cynicism.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 16, 2006 00:20

windmelody Wrote:
> I have to
> admit that four aristocratic and charismatic guys
> are much more Rock`n`Roll than four boring
> businessmen.

you're making that sound like its a major accomplishment

great post, otonneau

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-16 00:22 by Gazza.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: July 16, 2006 00:21

I think windmelody expressed a disillusion here! And I sympathise with him.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 16, 2006 00:41

bv Wrote:
> The Front Of Stage area on this tour is
> more than half of the entire pitch/field.

That's ridiculous.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 16, 2006 01:26

otonneau Wrote:

>
> "I have no opinion on ticket sales and prices."
> Too bad. But then let's indeed not have one, and
> not say "that's life", a tautology which, if not a
> justification, is at least a dismissal of any
> disapprobation.
>

I love you Olivier. I was just thinking the same, but for some reasons, in less civilised manners...

Date: July 16, 2006 01:33

Surprise Surprice. They are making money from the tour! What did you expect? A charity show? Of course it is different price on differen seats. My post was made to tell you about the size of the area, so that you could spend the extra 20-30 Euro to get to the front, unless you like to see them from a large distance. So do as you please. You do actually have four - 4 - options:

1. FOS: Up front first 1/3 of the field (with an extra fee)
2. Rest of the field: You save some money but you end up in the back
3. Seated areas: All sorts of prices
4. Don't go: You save the money but you miss the show

Please don't use this thread to complain about ticket prices. We have had a 100 threads about it and it won't bring us anywhere. Start your own "I am frustrated about the monetary system" web if you have a lot of energy on the subject.

Bjornulf

Date: July 16, 2006 01:35

THX Otenneau for saying what a lot of people think!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 16, 2006 01:37

Gazza Wrote:
> windmelody Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have to
> > admit that four aristocratic and charismatic
> guys
> > are much more Rock`n`Roll than four boring
> > businessmen.
>
>
> you're making that sound like its a major
> accomplishment
>
> great post, otonneau

Great post indeed Otonneau.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 16, 2006 01:38

Money, money, money must be funny in a rich mans world!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 16, 2006 01:47

OK bv, but, can't they adjust the FOS section according to the FOS tickets they actually sold? Wouldn't it would seem nicer, also for the FOS-holders, to be a little more packed?

I suppose it's not possible logically to change the barrier position on concert day?

Date: July 16, 2006 01:56

I'm complaining about the fact that Jagger LTD still has to refund my 871,80 Euro for the 7 concerts I had tickets for which are cancelled. They have that money since december 05. Most of those original dates of the cancelled concerts have past, but they didn't refund anything. This is criminal. Will we ever get our money back.

To the webmaster: "I like money, thats why I want my money back.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 16, 2006 01:59

bartfrombrussels Wrote:
> I'm complaining about the fact that Jagger LTD
> still has to refund my 871,80 Euro for the 7
> concerts I had tickets for which are cancelled.
> They have that money since december 05. Most of
> those original dates of the cancelled concerts
> have past, but they didn't refund anything. This
> is criminal. Will we ever get our money back.
>
> To the webmaster: "I like money, thats why I want
> my money back.

Agree with you! They're pretty fast to cancel shows but refunds
are slow. Have to admit though i got my refund!
They've made a mess out of this accident!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: July 16, 2006 02:17

seats underneath the stage and on top of the stage (with see through glass) is a brilliant idea to maximize revenue.. can't believe cohl has not thought of it...

i'm surprised the stones never do those meet and greet events before the show..... thats another way to get more money...

also i don't think the stones hire themselves out to play weddings.. i hear madonna gets one to two million dollars per private gig...

i think its nice of BV to explain this new cutting edge "front of stage" concept...for better or for worse its nice to know whats going on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-16 02:19 by stoned_in_dc.

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 16, 2006 02:23

It’s a free choise and bv is completely right on that.

As long as they get full stadiums with these prices they of course continue to keep it that level or even raise the prices. It’s a simple logic. Works like a train toilet.

They want to be number one – biggest, loudest and richest - and that’s ok and admirable.

Although it’s not an issue, my choise is to pay only for one concert this tour and concentrate to get free material instead – it’s so easy these days.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 16, 2006 03:25

First we have to think that in Vienna the stage was in a different position in respect to Milan.
In Vienna the stage was were the "goal" is, whilst in Milan was along the long side of the field, so it makes a smaller space for the non-Golden Circle ticket holders.
Anyhow, I noticed too that the area allocated to Golden Circle tickets has grown larger, at least in Milan.
In the past in Milan the distance between the B-Stage and the stands there were about 20 meters, now it's more like five.
Pro's:
People with tickets on the stands get a closer look to the B-Stage
Con's: There is basically no difference between Goldne-Circle and non-Golden Circle tickets for those that stay in the back of the GC area.
Also if you are very close to the main stage, when they go to the B-stage you can hardly see what's going on.
In the past you could go back and froth from one side to the other of the pitch if you had GC tickets, not the whole pitch is split in two.
I wanted to stay on Keith's side but the bouncers wouldn't let me through and forced me to go Ronnie's side and when I realized there was no way in the pitch to get to Keith's side I went back to the bouncers and had a major argument with them and they told me if I didn't go back to Ronnie's I could as well go home.
I got mad and forced my way out and finally ended on Keith's side but I feared they wouldn't really let me back in.
I don't know, but I guess they expanded the Golden Circle as more people want to go there rather than stayng in the non GC area of the pitch, but at this point there really is not much difference as GC is about 75% of the pith when it used to be about 30%.
Sure it means more money but is also unfair to thse that spend more money to have better tickets.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home