Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Italy wins!!!
Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 10, 2006 09:46

natural-born-stonesfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> here is only one team who deserved to win
> the cup, which is the team that played best and
> most attractice / offensive football....fill in
> the blank....I am sure everyone knows which team I
> mean !
Yes, Italy, ah ah ah ah!

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: July 10, 2006 09:54

> Propably because of italy winning the world cup
> the atmosphere will be even better, yes. And
> congratulations to the italien team ! However:
> They didn`t deserve it. Good first half, weak and
> tired for the rest of the final. France didn`t
> deserve it as well, mainly because Zidane did what
> he did. There is only one team who deserved to win
> the cup, which is the team that played best and
> most attractice / offensive football....fill in
> the blank....I am sure everyone knows which team I
> mean !

I, for one, don't know what team that would be. Do you mean Germany? Come on, who's the best player on that team? Schweinsteiger? By the way, doesn't Schweinsteiger translate to "pig supervisor"?

Date: July 10, 2006 10:16

Off course Germany was the best team in the World Cup! After having an extra time already in the quearter final against argentina they hat to do another extra time against italy, and finally they went tired after 118 minutes. Italy yesterday, having the extra time against Germany the ganme before, went tired after 45 minutes, right ? And which big teams did italy beat ? oh, yeap, australia (penalty in last minute which was a joke!!!!), ukraine (wow!)....but:
I said congratulations, they won and that`s it ! It was a great world cup here in germany with lots of fun everywhere. The only thing which was really bad was that yesterday a kliller-footballer like de Rossi was allowed to play in the final after giving a bleeding elbow-check to this US-guy. FIFA only sent him 4 games off, he should have been sent off for the rest of the tournement. That`s what I am really angry about: He was allowed to play the final, making a penalty in and finally having the world cup and kissing it. A real big honour for an @#$%&...

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 10, 2006 10:25

I agree with you natural-born-stonesfan
Germany would've deserved to play the final. Probably more than Italy if we consider the whole tournament, game and behaviour

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 10, 2006 10:54

Come on guys, could you try being good sports for just 5 minutes?
You say Germany was best team of the Cup when we basically annihilated them in the semi-final.
As we did beat the supposedly "best team in the Cup" according to you, then Italy deserves to win as we did beat the best.
Sorry, but we played a better football than Germany, I can take your remarks about France being better than us in the second half, but, even though I woulnd't want to quote myself, we had more balls and nerves than they did have yesterday.

Date: July 10, 2006 11:07

Doc Wrote:
> Well Well Well...
> France played IMO way better overall than Italy,
> which only played well during the 1st Half time.
>
> I don't know what Matterazzi said to Zidane, but
> it was intended to make him lose his nerves and
> sadly, it worked. If some supporters in Italy are
> known for being racist, it is probably the same
> for some players.
>

My thoughts as well. Just can't help it.....One could add even more, but that would probably be insulting......
I wish the Italians always would concentrate on the playing they after all are very good at. They showed this excellency against Germany. But unfortunately only in that game.

Btw I think Saturday night in Stuttgart was the greatest moment in the whole world cup. Brilliant game ( : except for the Ronaldo-dives ), fantastic atmosphere. Tears of joy ! Thank you Germans !! Danke schön Deutschland !!

Fans from all over the world were the real champions !!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 10, 2006 11:08

Was rooting for France, but a big congrats to Italy. What happened with Zizou?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 10, 2006 11:11

He had a neck muscle spasm and some Italian dude was standing too close.....

Date: July 10, 2006 11:12

MicksBrain Wrote:
> He had a neck muscle spasm and some Italian dude
> was standing too close.....

That's exactly what I saw too ! LOL !!

Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: July 10, 2006 11:19

In my humble opinion Italy deserves this Cup because it has showed the best defense not only in this edition but in the whole recent history of WC (even better than the 1982 winning team...remember, with the current rules Claudio Gentile would have been out after the first hit to Maradona during the match vs. Argentina...).

A world football cup can be won also on a simple basis of great defense players (and in this case they scored too...see Materazzi, Grosso), making the job that you expected from Totti, Toni...etc.
And don't forget the great goalkeeper Buffon.
And it's also true that if the final match were viewed as a boxing match the French would be acclaimed as the actual winner (they dominated the whole second half and the overtimes)

But that's the football, and the rules are rules (in othere events, French won on final penalties...so, you French, don't complain)!!!

Last thought: Italy has well deserved the Cup, but it was an edition not so high from the technical point of views...

Congratulations to my italian football team!!!

Date: July 10, 2006 11:29

Italy played like the Germans did all the years ago. Good defense, good luck getting easy teams in the finals vs. australia and ukraine, lucky that germany was getting tired (as they had an extra time befoe vs. argentina) and lucky again that french coach yesterday didn`t react early enough taking in more offenders, as the italians were totally "down" from the 46. minute on.

Germany played offense and attractive, fresh football...and successfull...they scored the most goals...klose and podolski are the best offense.....for me, this 3rd place the germans made up this year is worth much more than the world-championchip 1974 when we have beaten holland 2:1. Even though I am a german I must admit that Holland was the best team in 1974, but Germany made it. This time germany was best, but Italy made it.

So it`s the Germans again in 2010:

1990 + 1974 - 1954 = 2010

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 10, 2006 11:39

> Off course Germany was the best team in the World
> Cup! After having an extra time already in the
> quearter final against argentina they hat to do
> another extra time against italy, and finally they
> went tired after 118 minutes. Italy yesterday,
> having the extra time against Germany the ganme
> before, went tired after 45 minutes, right ? And
> which big teams did italy beat ? oh, yeap,
> australia (penalty in last minute which was a
> joke!!!!), ukraine (wow!)....but:
> I said congratulations, they won and that`s it !
> It was a great world cup here in germany with lots
> of fun everywhere. The only thing which was really
> bad was that yesterday a kliller-footballer like
> de Rossi was allowed to play in the final after
> giving a bleeding elbow-check to this US-guy. FIFA
> only sent him 4 games off, he should have been
> sent off for the rest of the tournement. That`s
> what I am really angry about: He was allowed to
> play the final, making a penalty in and finally
> having the world cup and kissing it. A real big
> honour for an @#$%&...

i am sorry for you

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 10, 2006 11:57

Congratulations Italy!!!

... and to France, Germany and Portugal, too! All four teams played very good matches this world championship.

I'm very sad about Zidane, but now I read this:

>>Zidane : son douzième et dernier carton rouge<<
[www.lemonde.fr]

A dozen red cards, WOW!

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:00

> What happened with Zizou?

One of those things hard to understand. Like Rooney another example.

Everyone who has watched Materazzi's way to play, knows that he's a complete idiot, a ticking timebomb getting reds and giving penalty kicks...

but an intelligent player like ZZ??? No matter how tired he was, he should have remembered that and the situation he was in. Just so unbelievable.

Date: July 10, 2006 12:03

maumau, no reason to feel sorry for me. I am proud of my team being 3rd and you can be proud your team made it to world champion. But be honest: Do you really think a guy like de rossi should have played in a cup final after what he did ?
Do you really think he deserves holding this world cup in his hands ? He didn`t do things like this for the first time, you surely know. And Matarazzi, also a good player, same evil kind of guy. Kicks more bones than the ball - not at this tournement, but in the leagues. I`ve often witnessed it. Let`s wait and see what he said to Zidane - however, doesn`t matter what he said, Zizou mustn`t have done what he did. That`s - at least - right!

Now, go on celebrating, best tomorrow with the Stones !

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:10

Yeah. It was really sad this final turned out to be the Materazzi show...

The first 100 minutes showed there was a possibility for a classic...

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:13

The fact that it was his thirteenth red card doesn't make it any less sad. What an end to a great career of such a graceful player! I doubt we'll ever know what provoked him.

That image of Zizou walking past the cup towards the catacombs will linger on a long time.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:20

Zidane headbutting a fellow professional in the stomach was a disgrace.

Unfortunately this sums up this years world cup.

There has been more cheating and general bad sportsmanship than any other world cup I can remember. The standard of football has also been poor.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:26

Yes... I can't get over it! There is an article from yesterday which said: "in any case, Zidane will have gone out in style", referring to his brilliant world cup. Well, he found the only possible way to stain his exit.

Can't imagine how bad he felt. That head-kick was not even a sneaky gesture, "nobody will see me" kind of thing, it was open, in front of all cameras, it had no purpose like gaining a penalty or anything, it was pure temporary loss of reason, the kind of things which, 5 minutes afterward, have you wondering "what have I done? What have I done?" and, although it's too late, you keep on wondering for ever.

Zidane is a correct man, a good man, with a strange temper. And sometimes, some sort of very short sense of street justice returns to him. In 2000, he hit that german player who had been attacking him for the whole game, and got sent off in such shame that his club and sponsors asked him to make a public apology, which went as follows:

"I know what I did is inacceptable and against the spirit of the sport, I apologize to my sponsors, my club, my fans, the children of the world..."
- (journalist) And do you apologize to the german player?
"No."

Well, that's Zidane. Because he's so shy and silent, and not too good with words, I think nobody quite grasps the complexities of his personality.

Another example: once, he said about immigrant's integration, that his parents educated him very well, and told him that he would have to work twice as hard and be twice as respectful. Everybody applauded to this - I was shocked: why in hell should he be twice as respectful as anyone? He said it naïvely, but it surely shows the incredible pressure on a man who (contrary to Thuram for instance, very outspoken) never ever allowed his frustrations to come out and was, in my view, a victim of his public image, the "good immigrant" public image.

I have huge tenderness for Zidane, and I take the headbutt with all the rest. And also some strange feeling I always had, that he is, heroe and all, in a position with which he was never at ease.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:27

Adrian-L Wrote:
> Zidane headbutting a fellow professional in the
> stomach was a disgrace.
>
> Unfortunately this sums up this years world cup.
>
> There has been more cheating and general bad
> sportsmanship than any other world cup I can
> remember. The standard of football has also been
> poor.

Agree.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:33

> maumau, no reason to feel sorry for me. I am proud
> of my team being 3rd and you can be proud your
> team made it to world champion. But be honest: Do
> you really think a guy like de rossi should have
> played in a cup final after what he did ?
> Do you really think he deserves holding this world
> cup in his hands ? He didn`t do things like this
> for the first time, you surely know. And
> Matarazzi, also a good player, same evil kind of
> guy. Kicks more bones than the ball - not at this
> tournement, but in the leagues. I`ve often
> witnessed it. Let`s wait and see what he said to
> Zidane - however, doesn`t matter what he said,
> Zizou mustn`t have done what he did. That`s - at
> least - right!
>
> Now, go on celebrating, best tomorrow with the
> Stones !

about De Rossi
I think he was a complete violent idiot to make that fault. And this was the feeling of everyone here in Italy. He was given four matches and, to be honest, at that moment in the tournament who would think we would have played the final? I think that 4 matches was a fair punishment for what he did so I think it is not a scandal that he could play the fifth game.
About the hands that can hold the cup
shall I remember you that last night it was not the first time Zizou lose his head and hit adversaries violently? That means that zidane's hands are not worthy of holding a world cup? I don't think so
About Materazzi
You already said all. He has been a surprise for the way he behave and the way he played. Do you think his red card against Australia was deserved?
What he said
I am sure he said bad things to zidane. I am sure zidane, henry, vieira and malouda or ribery or cannavaro or gattuso have said bad things or made faults. Have you ever played football? Probably Materazzi deserved a yellow card for his insults. Zidane deserved a red card.
In 1994 brazil played like we did last night. Took us to penalties and won. In 1998 france survived a missed golden goal by Baggio, took us to penalties and won. In 2000 we played the final like france last night, france took us to extra time and won with a golden goal.
That is all football is about

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:34

> How cold Zidane screw up his own team like that.....

What I saw he was heavily offended by that Italien player so all his fuses burned out. What a pitty that his great career ended in such a way.

I feel sorry for France that they also got fooled by the most unsportsmanlike team during that championship. I mean Australia was deceived in the last second. De Rossi had to be suspended for half a year for his foul against USA. The Italiens (tv, media) denunciate the German player Frings who got suspended for the match against Italy (that might be OK but just ask the FIFA why the Argentinien player who beat Frings first was not under investigation).

And all in all the Italiens had to be suspended from the championships if it becomes clear that Italien players from the national team had frauded others in the Italien Series A championchip.

Sorry, but I have no understanding for imposter. So I even can't congratulate Italy for "getting" the cup.

And the best is that an Italien minister demands amnesty for the frauding players. I can't believe that Italien Ministers don't have any awareness of unjustice. Though after Berlousconi I think everything is possible.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:36

rknuth Wrote:
> I feel sorry for France that they also got fooled
> by the most unsportsmanlike team during that
> championship.

= Portugal without any doubt

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:42

Harm Wrote:
> Adrian-L Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Zidane headbutting a fellow professional in the
> > stomach was a disgrace.
> >
> > Unfortunately this sums up this years world
> cup.
> >
> > There has been more cheating and general bad
> > sportsmanship than any other world cup I can
> > remember. The standard of football has also
> been
> > poor.
>
> Agree.

Ha Ha, in former times football was much better than today, now the standard is poor.

... Same as the Rolling Stones ...??? ;-)

Now we are talking in the same direction as ever on this board:

"Let the old times roll, forget about the future!"

But me, I can't wait anymore to see the Stones, tomorrow and all the days after tomorrow ...!!!

Date: July 10, 2006 12:42

Zidane has just been announced, the winner of
The Golden Ball- the tournaments best player.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: July 10, 2006 12:44

well, it's a bit surprising, I must admit

Date: July 10, 2006 12:47

how can someone who physically assaults a fellow professional in a World Cup Final, be named the tornaments best player??
- it's sick

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:47

Congrats to the Italian friends!!! You did again, you bastards, LOL!! winking smiley

To all people there whining and complaining about deserving and not deserving, Italy did win playing their own style, so all I have to is congrat them and recognise my envy because we don't win anything.

And maybe Italy did deserve to win if only because thay have the best players of the tournament: Pirlo and Cannavaro.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:49

If you consider JUST his wonderful playing on this tournament (barring his reaction on the final game) is a well deserved prize!!!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 10, 2006 12:52

Adrian-L Wrote:
> Zidane has just been announced, the winner of
> The Golden Ball- the tournaments best player.

Ridiculous: Canavaro should have won. Incredible good defender!

Congrats to Italy!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home