Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Those "L'Âge d'Or des Rolling Stones" French Decca reissues: sound good?
Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: June 29, 2006 16:12

I have often seen those as imports here in Montreal and wonder if the sonics are as bad as the packaging looks, or if it's the opposite.

Are these X generation reissues? Would a Near mint looking Let it Bleed (from that collection) be a waste of cash?

Re: Those "L'Âge d'Or des Rolling Stones" French Decca reissues: sound good?
Posted by: silkcut1978 ()
Date: June 29, 2006 16:35

beautiful collector's items and just in case you like electronical stereo I would recommend the first 4 LPs (No 1, No2. around and around & out of our Heads - which are "carol", "everybody needs..." and sorry, i forgot the name of the 2 others). this kind of wide electronical stereo can't be heard nowhere else.

but all in all I wouldn't call them any better then the original Uk/US-releases, it's more the other way...

silk

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 29, 2006 16:47

I bought those LPs on vinyl 20/25 years ago I think. They were graet pics in the booklets. Now, in terms of quality sound, they are far from the level reached in the remastered collection issued something like 3 years ago.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 29, 2006 17:13

>as bad as the packaging looks

I bought the series specifically because I thought the packaging was unique & cool. Different strokes I guess.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: June 29, 2006 17:37

I chose my words poorly. They look lush in fact and >are< attractive. What I mean is they give the impression of being "not the real thing", like a commercial "package deal", a rehash or something...

Anyway, how do they sound to you? Do they make the speakers move a bit? Or are they poor remasters, sounding like cassette copies?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 29, 2006 17:53

They sound fine; I don't believe they are "remasters".

I wonder if whoever chose that title for the series was aware that L'AGE D'OR is an infamous Surrealist film by Luis Bunuel & Salvador Dali.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1682
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home