Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Twickenham 20th - on stage tickets
Posted by: lickedlady1966 ()
Date: June 23, 2006 23:55

Has anyone posted this already?
On Ticketmaster you can buy on stage tickets - 340 BP!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( !!!!

Re: Twickenham 20th - on stage tickets
Posted by: lickedlady1966 ()
Date: June 23, 2006 23:58

Now the option is gone! Only a few minutes later.
Sorry.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 24, 2006 00:02

maybe they figured out noone will pay that and will reoffer them for about a third of that price

there'll probably be enough corporate idiots who'll snap them up in blissful ignorance under the impression that they'll be perched right next to Keith or Charlie for the entire gig...

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 24, 2006 00:45

Oh Hell I can beat that all to crap...I sat on hold long distance as soon as I saw the listing come up ( for about 5 minutes it was Glasgow only, then all the UK Stadiums) because it was confusing...AUGUTS 20 WAS LISTED TWICE, BUT NO August 22. WHEN YOU OPENED THEM ONE SHOW WAS LISTED AS SUNDAY AUGUST 20 AND THE OTHER WAS LISTED AS SUNDAY AUGUST 21!

Doesn't matter, they were both sold out! SOOOOOOO...while on the phone I decided to ask the lady about getting a spare ticket for a niece for Twicks August 22 and we found a great one, but she informed me that I could NOT buy it because I am outside of the UK!!!!!!!!!

Better yet.... I read her the TICKETMASTER CONFIRMATION NUMBER for my long standing order, bought with a RS.COM memebership for August 22, she found it, and told me...yes they are paid for but she does not know how, because THERE IS NO WILL CALL! I told her this was settled long ago, she told me I would not be getting the tickets, I told her they were paid for over half a year ago, and she said, " I don't know how, I see they are confirmed, but you have to call another number tommorrow because they are waiting on your address."

Great...so when I have no tickets...will I also get a refund for the RS.COM memebership?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-24 01:05 by kahoosier.

Date: June 24, 2006 00:48

OH this just gets better...they are on sale again at the website for the August 20 show that read Sunday August 21 when you open the page, but the adress problem arises again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-24 00:50 by kahoosier.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 24, 2006 00:55

Just had a look and can only see on-stage tix for Cardiff. £340 and change - that is truly and utterly bloody outrageous.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 24, 2006 01:04

Beast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just had a look and can only see on-stage tix for
> Cardiff. £340 and change - that is truly and
> utterly bloody outrageous.

£340 ???? you ARE kidding I hope !! Nope, I suspect you're not. WTF, they've gone completely and utterly nuts. This really is not funny anymore. It's become very very sad, very very pathetic, and to be honest, pretty much very very indefensible. $500 or thereabouts for an onstage seat ? Michael Cohl, PLEASE try and re-establish some sense of proportion and propriety; otherwise you can JUSTIFIABLY stand accused of being everything that you're going to subsequently get called !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-24 02:13 by paulywaul.

Date: June 24, 2006 01:08

I do not who to be more outraged at right now...MrCohl's outlandish pricing (which apparently was rapidly met) or TM.UK's bumbling un-professional services, which are by far the worst of any ticketing agency I have used AROUND THE WORLD with the possible exception of those who sold the Shanghai show, and they had an excuse, even if it was that they ere only in above their head!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 24, 2006 01:10

Oh - now they seem to have them for all the UK venues. £340.75, to be precise. What's the 75p in aid of?? Jeez. I'd want an OFF-stage experience with them for that price!

Date: June 24, 2006 01:11

kahoosier Wrote:
> I do not who to be more outraged at right
> now...MrCohl's outlandish pricing (which
> apparently was rapidly met) or TM.UK's bumbling
> un-professional services, which are by far the
> worst of any ticketing agency I have used AROUND
> THE WORLD with the possible exception of those
> who sold the Shanghai show, and they had an
> excuse, even if it was that they ere only in above
> their head!

Steve,

I just looked and brought up a ticket available for Twickenham, can't recall which show - 20th or 22nd. If you want one, I'll get one for you. Stick a post here telling me which date you want and how many (I looked for one and was offered one) - and I'll have a shot for you. They're f***ing expensive, nearly $500.

Let me know - QUICK !!!!!

Date: June 24, 2006 01:12

OH OH OH I fogrot to add...while on the phone with TM.UK...I mentioned that they never answer the email link at their site...the link that seays ask a question overe the net...AND SHE SAID SHE DOESN'T THINK IT WORKS!

Date: June 24, 2006 01:14

pauly i want onstage for twickenham on tuesday august 22..thaty is the show i need a spare ticket for any way and i might as well try on stage!

Date: June 24, 2006 01:18

kahoosier Wrote:
> pauly i want onstage for twickenham on tuesday
> august 22..thaty is the show i need a spare ticket
> for any way and i might as well try on stage!

OK, I'll try it right now for ya. Stay tuned ............

Date: June 24, 2006 01:23

kahoosier Wrote:

steve,

At THIS moment they're only selling ONSTAGE for Twickers 20th, Glasgow 25th, Sheffield 27th and Cardiff 29th. NOT - I repeat NOT - for Twickers 22nd. Do you want me to leave it or try for Sunday 20th ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 24, 2006 01:59

paulywaul Wrote:
> Beast Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just had a look and can only see on-stage tix
> for
> > Cardiff. £340 and change - that is truly and
> > utterly bloody outrageous.
>
> £340 ???? you ARE kidding I hope !! Nope, I
> suspect you're not. WTF, they've gone completely
> and utterly nuts. This really is not funny
> anymore. It's become very very sad, very very
> pathetic, and to be honest, pretty much very very
> indefensible. $500 or thereabouts for an onstage
> seat ? Michael Cohl, PLEASE try and re-establish
> some sense of proportion and propriety; otherwise
> you can JUSTIFIABLY stand accused of being
> everything that you're going subsequently get
> called !!

$600, actually - not $500!

Just when you think the Stones organisation have run out of ways to lose the plot, they raise the bar even further

I think they really are relying on a few business people who have no concept of how misleading the "onstage seating" description really is to fill those places. They'll have a job selling them all at 2 months notice otherwise to fans - the vast majority of whom have got tickets already.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 24, 2006 02:13

Gazza Wrote:
> maybe they figured out noone will pay that and
> will reoffer them for about a third of that price
>
> there'll probably be enough corporate idiots
> who'll snap them up in blissful ignorance under
> the impression that they'll be perched right next
> to Keith or Charlie for the entire gig...

yeah the same thing happened in the states, and those seats turned out to be
basic behind the stage seats, you think the europeans would know this by now
and not allow themseleves to be ripped off, those seats are just hyped up behind the stage seats

Date: June 24, 2006 02:19

Gazza Wrote:

>
> $600, actually - not $500!
>
> Just when you think the Stones organisation have
> run out of ways to lose the plot, they raise the
> bar even further
>
> I think they really are relying on a few business
> people who have no concept of how misleading the
> "onstage seating" description really is to fill
> those places. They'll have a job selling them all
> at 2 months notice otherwise to fans - the vast
> majority of whom have got tickets already.

You're right - £340 is over $600. For f***'s sake, they've done a little more than raise the bar in the insanity stakes, they've positively surpassed themselves and won an olympic gold in insanity. They're off their trolleys. How can you rationalise onstage USA at $250 as compared to onstage UK for $600 plus ?

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: June 24, 2006 02:21

Show will get cancelled eventually anyway. As will the whole tour.

Date: June 24, 2006 02:34

Reptile Wrote:
> Show will get cancelled eventually anyway. As will
> the whole tour.

With this sort of "development", it bloody well needs to get cancelled. It's gone beyond stupid, it's now just plain offensive. Same stage, same onstage seats, 12 months later, and a price increase of a mere 240 percent. OK, we know a can of Coke costs a little more in the UK than it does in the States, but steady on boys ................... don't take the p*** !!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 24, 2006 02:57

i saw the price today on ticketmaster and felt ill. the only tickets available were in the upper block and were £340. Terrible.

Date: June 24, 2006 03:27

Submitted in the early hours of Saturday 24th June to www.ticketmaster.co.uk through their "ask a question" routine. What a bunch of unprofessional f***ing imbeciles .... I ask ya !

============================================================================

Question Reference No060624-000005

Customer (Paul Strachowski) - 24/06/2006 01:19 AM
When the "ONSTAGE" tickets for the Rolling Stones came on sale in the evening of Friday 23rd June, there were TWO displays for SUNDAY 20th AUGUST on the Ticketmaster website, not ONE for SUNDAY 20th and ONE FOR TUESDAY 22nd - these are the two dates of their Twickenham Stadium shows. Also, it was noted that when you clicked on the "Get Tickets" link on each of them in turn, on the respective web pages that were opened up - the date on one said SUNDAY 20th AUGUST and on the other it said SUNDAY 21ST AUGUST. THIS IS TOTALLY INCORRECT - THERE IS NO DATE OF SUNDAY 21st AUGUST. The 21st is a MONDAY - and the Rolling Stones are NOT PLAYING on that date.

Can Ticketmaster PLEASE get its act together and start behaving like a professional ticket agency ?

===========================================================================

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 24, 2006 08:31

funny to see us-citizens complaining about high ticket prices, it used to be otherwise round at previous tours... europeans complaining about high prices for american shows smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: June 24, 2006 09:15

kahoosier Wrote:

Kahoosier,

Got your mail re onstage Glasgow. You have mail, get back to me soonest, have question for you. It's 07:15 hrs Sat 24th June here in London - what time with you ? No idea of time diffs !

Date: June 24, 2006 10:33

To Kahoosier,

You have mail and you're onstage Glasgow. That'll be ................ a lotta money and two beers please !!!

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: June 24, 2006 13:29

For those with 'more money than sense', as my grandmother would say.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2006 21:03

Kahoosier, i'm really sorry you've been going through all this incredible hassle over the ticket delivery/will-call question.
don't know if it'll be any help at all, but: rooting around on the TM UK site today i found this change in their change-of-address policy:
[ticketmaster.custhelp.com]
and wonder if it means people who have friends in the UK can give TM their address for delivery.
since they no longer require a bank statement as proof, it seems like it might be a solution?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 24, 2006 22:40

Kahoosier, i'm really sorry you've been going through all this incredible hassle over the ticket delivery/will-call question.
don't know if it'll be any help at all, but: rooting around on the TM UK site today i found this change in their change-of-address policy:
[ticketmaster.custhelp.com]
and wonder if it means people who have friends in the UK can give TM their address for delivery.
since they no longer require a bank statement as proof, it seems like it might be a solution?

It would seem this is still not a solution for those of us trying to buy them from the US -- they will be looking for UK addresses - both the original and the one you want to change to.
tim from montana

Re: TM UK
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2006 23:40

>> they will be looking for UK addresses - both the original and the one you want to change to. <<

yeah, i understand that right now they're requiring UK addresses to make the purchase, but some of us
(including Kahoosier) managed to order tickets in the brief shining moment a few months ago
when they *did* have the option for non-UK addresses; the problem is we don't have a clue as to how to *get* the tickets
if they're sent out very late and they aren't open to a will-call scenario.
it's those people who might be able to use this address-change option ... maybe ...

it really is incredibly screwed up, for no (0) reason.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home