Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Unless u live underground, Motley Crue & Aerosmith are doing 8 choice gigs in the U.S. this Fall
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: June 21, 2006 11:06

Subject says it all... and I got tix....

And if you don't have tix to:

1) Willie Nelson & John Fogerty

2) Crosby Stills Nash & Young.....

WHATS your excuse ???????????

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Re: OT: Unless u live underground, Motley Crue & Aerosmith are doing 8 choice gigs in the U.S. this Fall
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 21, 2006 19:02

What's my excuse? None save I don't care much for any of artist you list save for Neil and Willie. Glad you're excited though.

Re: OT: Unless u live underground, Motley Crue & Aerosmith are doing 8 choice gigs in the U.S. this Fall
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 21, 2006 19:03

how about that i'm not stateside at the moment?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 21, 2006 19:08

Still living in poverty from buying Rolling Stones tickets.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 21, 2006 19:25

Why can't Aerosmith tour Europe? I'd like to see them. I was pissed when I learned that they wouldn't tour Europe after the great Honkin' On Bobo CD....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 21, 2006 19:27

wow you mean we get to hear girls girls girls again, i cant wait, lol

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 21, 2006 19:42

what a double bill. i wish i lived in the states

a washed up bunch of fat never has beens, and a bunch of sell outs trading under the once great name of Aerosmith

@#$%& ada. if they could add Ted Nugent that'd be the bill of all time

Date: June 21, 2006 21:53

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still living in poverty from buying Rolling Stones
> tickets.

lol.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 21, 2006 23:24

I see they've added alot more dates in the US. Pisses me off that Aerosmith cancelled the remainder of their Spring tour w/Cheap Trick because of Tyler's throat problems. Instead of rescheduling these dates, they book all new ones with Motley, who are touring more now than they ever did it seems. I had tickets to see Aerosmith in Vancouver for April. Looks like they won't be coming.

Reminds me of the European dates for ABB!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 21, 2006 23:37

My excuse is that while Aerosmith is ok, their live show is much like AC/DC & KISS in that the songs aren't alive & moving like the Stones are live (ie they sound VERY similar to the album track with no freedom to move on solos, etc.).

That said...I'd be more apt to go if it was just Aerosmith. I HATE Motley Crue. This is just glam hair band crap rock. I used to beat up the kids who listened to this weak crap when I was a kid...so I sure as hell am not going to pay to go see them. However, if you'd like to have fun & throw you undies at Tommy Lee...have a blast...I'll save my $ for rock n' roll!

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: June 22, 2006 00:13

I've seen Aerosmith 9 times since 1999. They've always put on a great show. Last time I saw them (4/2004), Tyler ran across the stage, jumped on trapese swing, hung upside down and swung over the audience. I don't know how u can say they don't put energy into their shows. Tyler is the ONLY, and I mean the ONLY, rock artist I have seen live who can still hit every single note. Bono, Bowie, Mick, Elton and other people I have seen live have had to let their background singers sing the higher notes live. If you want to see a good show, see Aerosmith.

However, I do admit that I have somewhat grown away from Aerosmith. They used to be my alltime favorite band. I was obsessed with them like junior high girls were obsessed with 'Nsync. But once I got out of high school their music just started to seem a bit too cheesy to me. However, I still buy everything they come out with and I'll see them live if they come by my area. I just wish they'd come out with another great album. I don't care what anyone says, Nine Lives is a great album and I'd love to see another Nine Lives. I dont' want any obnoxious power ballads or cheesy 80s rock. I want edgy, mature and badass rock that Nine Lives clearly delivered.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 22, 2006 00:58

I would love to see this tour! I don't care for the venues here though. Vegas looks tempting but I have learned from other peoples mistakes not to book vacations and make travel plans around Aerosmith. Seen Motley Crue 3 times and its always a fun show. And NO, no internet tough guys ever beat me up over it.

Date: June 22, 2006 01:41

"Tyler ran across the stage, jumped on trapese swing, hung upside down and swung over the audience"

I would hate seeing Mick do this nonsense. The blow up dolls they had in 89 almost made me puke.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 22, 2006 01:44

well you should have seen mick in 75-76 , he flew over the crowd via rope also

Date: June 22, 2006 02:10

Thank goodness I'm too young. BUT, as I said before, the problem with Aerosmith is they play right off the record...no life to the songs anymore.

Date: June 22, 2006 09:25

Dan Wrote:

Seen Motley Crue 3 times and its always
> a fun show.

Hi 5... Motley Crue is one of the best rock gigs you'll ever see... EVEN if you don't like their stuff on album, they are a great live act. They remind me alot of what Stones gigs used to be like 25 or 30 years ago, the pandemonium, etc.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: June 22, 2006 10:31

Can I please move to Europe and NEVER have to see/hear about these morons again?

Arrowcrue and Motleysmith.

I saw Chuck Berry in concert in 1971, and I swear, there was a flicker in the space-time continuum ... all 2500 people in the sold-out crowd glimpsed these idiots.

The good news: a nanosecond later, they were GONE ... miraculously transported to Witchita KS/Donetsk, Future Soviet Union, where they f-ing belong.

Thank you, Satanic Majesties!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 22, 2006 21:45

sdstonesguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank goodness I'm too young. BUT, as I said
> before, the problem with Aerosmith is they play
> right off the record...no life to the songs
> anymore.

no. the problem with Aerosmith is they've sold their souls for the MTV dollar

once the smack went, so did their talent

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home