Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and Living Colors in 89
Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: May 29, 2006 04:21

I remember seeing a video of the stones performing with a group called Living Colors.
They were playing togeteher a rocking (with heavy guitars) version of It's only rock'n'roll (during a show of the steel wheels tour).

Does anyone knows where I can find this video ?
One which bootleg can I find this show ?
Does anyone has an mp3 of this performance ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Stones and Living Colors in 89
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 29, 2006 04:43

It's Living Color. I know they opened in Jacksonville, but didn't come back out for IORR that I remember.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2006 04:56

ROCKMAN

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 29, 2006 07:10

It was during the 2nd Montreal show in 1989.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: May 29, 2006 07:11

They sucked IMO

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2006 08:00

They also opened at L.A. Colliseum along with Guns and Roses '89. They both sucked.
My least favorite Stones show in history, because of the bad openers and the bad seats I had.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 29, 2006 08:02

Saw them 4 times with the Stones and quite honestly was not very impressed. I give them an average rating, but consider they had had tough job opening for the Stones. I don't rate them high at all as an opener for the RS considering what came before.

Re: Stones and Living Color in 89
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 29, 2006 09:22

There is great footage of LC while
supporting the Stones in their own VHS "Time Tunnel"
(appr. 20 minutes). Corey cycling on the huge stage
while the band rehearses Middle Man. It´s great to
see when they drive by the stadium and they see the
stage ("a huge building") for the first time
and of course when they play "It´s Only Rock and Roll"
with the Stones.

A great document from the support band´s point of view.

A boot of Montreal must be out somewhere, too.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 29, 2006 10:34

They opened for lots of the 89 tour. I hated that band. For the Stones show, the Stones really gave them an awful deal with the sound system, becausew they sounded like mud, while the Stones were crystal clear.
But before and after that I alwasy though this band sucked. That was constant earsplitting, overeffected noodling up amd down the neck. They were huge spokespeople for the whole"Black Rock" thing. It really went nowhere. Not because Black Rock wasn't good; just that this band bites.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 29, 2006 12:35

wow, they dropped off the face of the Earth fast. . .

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 29, 2006 12:56

The doble DVD of the Montreal show is avalaible..... so, I guess this exist in dvd.......

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: May 29, 2006 13:25

True, ChelseaDrugstore, the had an awful deal with the sound system. I think I saw them twice in the US, The '89 Pittsburgs show and another one in Miami I believe. Too much Bass in the songs were way to messy to make something out of it. I recall them as Jagger 'proteges'. In Europe '90 the Stones opened with "Gun". Soon to be forgotten. I liked Simple Minds and the Black Crowes though. They both opened a few times for the Stones.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 29, 2006 13:47

Saw them open for the Stones (and G&R) in LA in '89....Such a horrible noise.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 29, 2006 17:31

I wan't aware that the Crowes opened for the Stones. Was that in 89? I had forgotten about Simple Minds LOL! What a fruit that singer was...he was always wearing tights and skirts. In a "not good" kind of way. haha..I am just getting this visual of him in those overblown videos afetr the one big hit. They kept trying to recerate that. Because they didn't hit until Keith Forsey wrote that monster hit for the movie. And they were not even first choice as the band to do it. They were like 4th choice or something LOL. So then they had to prove to us and them that thyey were legit. And there came all these heavy handed universe-tackling anthems. Can't recall any titles.. Oh yes "Sanctify Yourself!" and "Alive & Kickin"

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: May 29, 2006 17:57

I saw the Crowes in Wembley Stadium opening the Stones for certain. It must have been the Voodoo Lounge tour. I think one other time but can't remember for sure.

Simple Minds were very good in Werchter. They did 2 or 3 with Voodoo lounge and B2B and Licks for certain. They were always very big in Belgium, always competing with that other boysband, U2. :-). In fact they both, U2 and Simple Minds, were really launched at the Werchter Festival.

Tried to catch Joss Stone at the Hollywood Bowl shows but I was to late, twice...

Date: May 29, 2006 19:00

The Black Crowes opened at all three Wembley shows 1995, and also in Montpellier 1995 (along with Dylan).

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 29, 2006 22:31

and at both Basel shows in 1995, did you forget that, erik????

Date: May 29, 2006 22:54

I thought Big Country opened in Basel. My mistake.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 29, 2006 22:55

erikjjf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought Big Country opened in Basel. My mistake.

i think we can now safely say that hell has frozen over.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 30, 2006 00:36

leteyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Such a horrible noise.

Exactly my thoughts! Saw them opening for the Stones in L.A. and at Shea Stadium 1989. "Such a horrible noise!" is the everlasting impression of their set. I could not even figure out any songs to speak of - they all sounded the same.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: May 30, 2006 00:53

I saw them also when the opened for the Sotnes. They were horrible. You couldn't understand I note they played.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home