Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: paris cancelled
Posted by: RvO-NL-1 ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:42

Rolling Stones indefinitely postpone two Paris concerts

23/05/2006 - 12:14:27 The Rolling Stones have indefinitely postponed two Paris concerts, scheduled for June 3 and July 2 at the Stade de France stadium, French organisers said today without giving a reason.

The Rolling Stones have indefinitely postponed two Paris concerts, scheduled for June 3 and July 2 at the Stade de France stadium, French organisers said today without giving a reason.

Plans for an August 8 concert in the French Riviera city of Nice were maintained.

Organisers said they had no immediate information on replacement dates for the Paris gigs.

Guitarist Keith Richards, 62, was injured on April 27 in Fiji. News reports variously claimed that he fell out of a palm tree or from a jet ski.

Richards later had surgery in Auckland, New Zealand, to relieve pressure in his head.

The Stones’ official fan website said in a statement that Richards had returned to the United States, where he lived, and “is feeling great, happy to be home and looking forward to getting back on the road with the Rolling Stones next month”.

It added that a revised tour schedule would be announced soon.

[breakingnews.iol.ie]

Cheers RvO-NL

StonesForum.nl

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:45

2nd Paris show probably dumped for one of the posponed tour-openers..
Barca? Madrid?

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:50

I still think this means major changes in the tour schedual..

P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 14:52 by Peterh.

Posted by: marlervi ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:53

They dare not to cancel the Bergen-show!

Date: May 23, 2006 14:55

It might just be to save the Nordic week. This has to stay before September, wrt the weather, right?

Peter

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 23, 2006 15:26

I saw the AP ews too, but hell I can't believe it !!!
Paris 1 was sold out and Paris 2 had approx. 8,000 tix left on a total amount of 60,000.

Man, what should we understand ?
I am really looking forward to reading something really official from Mr Cohl.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: May 23, 2006 15:27

marlervi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They dare not to cancel the Bergen-show!

Yeah, we can hope, but as Horsens is postponed, I guess Bergen will as well be. Unfortunately... If they don't go for it as the opener for some reason, and then proceed directly to Gothenburg...

- mjOL

Posted by: RvO-NL-1 ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:29

Rolling Stones postpone Paris concerts

The Rolling Stones indefinitely postponed two Paris concerts, scheduled for June 3 and July 2 at the Stade de France stadium, French organizers said Tuesday without giving a reason.

Keith Richards

Plans for an Aug. 8 concert in the French Riviera city of Nice were maintained. Organizers said they had no immediate information on replacement dates for the Paris gigs.

Grizzled guitarist Keith Richards, 62, was injured April 27 in Fiji. News reports variously claimed that he fell out of a palm tree or from a jet ski. Richards later had surgery in Auckland, New Zealand, to relieve pressure in his head.

The Stones' official fan Web site said in a statement Monday that Richards had returned to the United States, where he lives, and "is feeling great, happy to be home and looking forward to getting back on the road with the Rolling Stones next month," reports the AP.

SOURCE: RUSSICHE PRAVDA

Cheers RvO-NL

StonesForum.nl

Posted by: Fred Rambler ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:16

THE ROLLING STONES - A bigger bang
3 juin et 2 juillet 2006

Horaires
Début de l'événement : 19:30
Ouverture des portes : 17:00
Les concerts des Rolling Stones initialement prévus les 3 juin et 2 juillet au Stade de France sont annulés.

A compter du 24 mai, les spectateurs ont 1 mois pour se faire rembourser auprès de leur vendeur ou auprès de l'organisme qui leur a procuré les billets.

Conformément aux conditions générales de vente, les frais de transport et d’hôtellerie ne sont pas remboursés.

De nouvelles dates sont actuellement à l’étude et seront communiquées très prochainement. Dès l’annonce de celles-ci, les clients auront la possibilité de changer leur billet directement auprès de leur vendeur *.

Attention ! Les billets des concerts annulés du 3 juin et du 2 juillet ne seront pas valables sur les éventuelles nouvelles dates.

Les modalités seront mises en ligne dans la journée.

* dans la limite des places et des catégories disponibles

Posted by: Alex GB ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:21

RvO-NL-1 Wrote:
> Rolling Stones postpone Paris concerts
>

www.pravda.ru it's tabloid

Date: May 23, 2006 17:29

This is very bad.

The changes must be severe, otherwise you would expect the tickets to be valid for the new dates.....

P

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:29

Fred Rambler,

For information, where did you get that in french advice ? Fnac, Ticketnet...Thanks

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:30

let's just hope that the French ticket people didn't already go on a shopping spree with our money on the champs elysee. otherwise we're really screwed!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 20:56 by with sssoul.

Date: May 23, 2006 17:33

This info can be found on the stade de france website

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:38

Why Nikkibong, all they're gonna find there is over priced Virgin Records, the Disney (crap) store, Mcdonalds and Mission Impossible 3 in (VO) Only place to spend some cash is at Pino Pizza for a great French Pizza (with that spicy olive oil) and a couple liters of cold, on tap beer (to take the pain away).... Zig Zag to the nearest taxi afterwards...

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:40

should have said near Opera - designer boutiques galore . . .pierre cardin's summer line is gawd awful, i must say. what a disappointment!

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:48

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:48

Does anyone know if its safe to buy tickets for bergen?
Can the show be cancelled?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 17:53 by S.T.P.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:49

All kidding aside, nikki, I really do feel bad for you. You've been talking up these Paris shows for months now.....are there other uncancelled shows in your itenary this summer?

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:58

Dès l’annonce de celles-ci, les clients auront la possibilité de changer leur billet directement auprès de leur vendeur *.

Attention ! Les billets des concerts annulés du 3 juin et du 2 juillet ne seront pas valables sur les éventuelles nouvelles dates.

Anybody, please...... can let me know what´s mean it??? I´m starting to feel nervous.....

Date: May 23, 2006 18:03

You old tickets should be returned (if you want your money back) and the tickets will not be valid for possible new dates.

Peter

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: May 23, 2006 18:06

"as soon as we know the new dates, customers will be able to change their tickets by their sellers

Watch out ! concerts tickets cancelled for the 3rd of June and 2nd of July won't be available for the possible new dates."

which is a bit worrying is that nothing is sure about new dates in Paris.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 23, 2006 18:09

@#$%&.... so, I buy any of my tickets by e-bay.... now, I need find this guys, send them the tickets and expect then he send me the money?????

Or there´s some chance of I can do it by myself??? (I don´t know what I do with ..........)

Ofuuuuuuu......

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 23, 2006 18:08

Postponing both Paris shows probably means that they will run two shows there close together - a day off between them. Sounds like early September, when the weather in Paris is perfect, but not in the Nordics.

So a fairly major overhaul of the tour to make the logistics easy, especially now they know how many they have sold for each venue. No wonder this takes time to organise - its like starting all over again to find dates for the venues and make the travel (stage and equipment, not the band) possible.

Date: May 23, 2006 18:13

I have no doubt at all there will be 2 Paris shows, but they are not fitted in the new schedual yet.

I also think it might be to create some space for other shows.

Peter

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 23, 2006 19:18

i'm so sad for the moment... Tickets for Bergen,Brno,Milan and Paris2. Now I fear all shows will be postponed, but don't know if I can afford new flights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 19:18 by The Worst..

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 23, 2006 19:26

kaskatanas Wrote:
> @#$%&.... so, I buy any of my tickets by
> e-bay.... now, I need find this guys, send them
> the tickets and expect then he send me the
> money?????
>
> Or there´s some chance of I can do it by myself???
> (I don´t know what I do with ..........)
>
> Ofuuuuuuu......

Isn't there any way you would know where they bought at firts their tickets. The 3 major providers are, I guess : ticketnet, Fnac and carrefour. Those should probably be identified with the ticket numbers. If you need some help from Paris, let me know.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: May 23, 2006 20:43

I don't like this at all.
I blew my membership option on buying tickets on this show and now, from what I understand I can only have a refund and the tickets won't be valid for the eventual rescheduled shows.
This sucks BIG FUKING TIME!
I am angry beyond reason.

THIS IS UTTER BULLSHIT!

How will I be able to find again front stage lawn tickets with no fan club pre-sale?
I joined that bullshit website that is www.rollingstones.com just to get the fan club pre-sale.
I expect a new code for the new shows, and I DO @#$%& MEAN IT!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 23, 2006 20:49

Dunhill, if i'm following this right it says when the new dates are announced
you can exchange the ones you have for tickets to the new shows.
presumably also FOS, i would hope.
and i hope i'm understanding this right: the tickets you have won't be good for the new shows,
but you can exchange them for new ones if/when new dates are announced.

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 21:17 by with sssoul.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home