Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brussels Concert June 01 > ON or OFF
Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 22, 2006 18:27

Because the Keith Richards statement on rollingstones.com from today only tell us that tour will staert in June, and because there is NO comment of more cancelled concerts (Brussel or Paris).

I think Brussels concert June 01

is ON and will be the first concert of the European Tour.

If Brussels were cancelled the statement had to tell this today. There are only
10 days to go to Brussels and 12 days to Paris concert. The cancelled Barcelona was published May 08 and so 19 days before.

THEREFORE: HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL "FOS" June 01 in Brussels.

Gerhard (Germay)

Re: Brussels Concert June 01 > ON or OFF
Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 22, 2006 18:32

Thinking realistic kind of way, Brussels won't happen. It's too early. If they postpone Barcelona and Madrid it gave them only 5 extra days before Brussels. Also, it was said that Brussels and Paris vip package customers were informed those shows are off, but I actually never seen this information ever posted on the board, so I don't know if it was true. Anyway, Brussels sounds somehow not possible too happen, but according to coowouters from shidoobee, belgian promoter wasn't informed about cancellation or postponing of the show...

hmmm

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: May 22, 2006 18:36

The funny thing is that there is no change in Barca dna Madrid's schedules as well.

Date: May 22, 2006 18:38

yes, but at least the official word is that the tour will now resume in June what means may shows are off (Barca and Madrid) and spanish promoters were told and informed about it (you can see on tickets agency websites there's info) while Brussels which is just few days after Madrid has no info. But anyway, I'm almost sure it won't happen. It's too early. They won't take such a risk & I'm really sure insurance companies would say NO to that.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 22, 2006 18:41

PiotrRSpl (IP Logged)

.......... package customers were informed those shows are off, but I actually never seen this information ever posted on the board, so I don't know if it was true. Anyway, Brussels sounds somehow not possible too happen, but according to coowouters from shidoobee, belgian promoter wasn't informed about cancellation or postponing of the show...

Yes, and "shidoobee" told us, that the STAGE he took Photos last weekend in Werchter Belgium was loaded ON TRUCKS. These Trucks with stage on it were signed Brussels!!! That means. They go to Brussels I think.

I think Brussel is ON !

Gerhard

Date: May 22, 2006 18:46

While from the other side, somebody who claimed to work in hotel industry in Brussels, informed us Stones had cancelled their reservation in the city. We just have to wait.

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: May 22, 2006 18:50

ON!! I planned to go with my kids so...or anyway a postponed date
instead of a cancellation would make me happy...

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: May 22, 2006 18:52

here it is:

To all of our guests for Barcelona, Madrid, Brussels, and Paris#1 –

We are currently awaiting further information regarding the start of the Rolling Stones 2006 Bigger Bang European Tour.

We still do not have confirmed dates for when the tour will start or what the new dates will be for any shows being rescheduled.

The outlook is very high that these shows will not happen as scheduled and will be rescheduled. We understand that some of your flight arrangements may be affected by these pending changes. If you need to cancel your flight travel to avoid penalties, we suggest that you do so now. If you have flexibility and can hold on to your ticket to await the new dates, we highly recommend this option.

When we do receive the new schedule, you can reschedule or cancel your original reservation altogether. Whatever way you need to make this happen, we will do all that we can to work with you.

Thank you for your continuing patience. We will contact you as soon as we have further information.

Fan Asylum Travel Center

Date: May 22, 2006 18:56

thank you for postin it Roadster32. It seems like they rather indicating that these shows are very possible to be off (which is of course more than obvious). Let's see what;s going to be announced.

So far - your health, Keith! Cheers!

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: May 22, 2006 19:17

On Shidoobee :

[p081.ezboard.com]

Date: May 22, 2006 19:21

Both french ticketing services and the Stade de France website confirm that Paris june 3rd is postponed or cancelled. So i can't see how the Brussels show, 2 days before, would happen.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 22, 2006 19:58

Having no source to base this upon, I was under the
impression Bruxelles was postponed since a week or so.
But the info on rs.com has been worse than bad; that is nothing
to undercommunicate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-22 20:01 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 22, 2006 20:00

BV said Brussels is off.

Date: May 22, 2006 20:04

officialy it's still on, and you can buy (or you could buy 2 days ago) tickets to that show. Promoter claims he has no information about postponing/cancellation, which sounds weird. I would put 100$ this show won't happen on 1st June. I have this feeling that I don't want Keith to rush himself...I mean, if Brussels totally surprisingly would turned to be on, than somehow I would feel happy, but somehow worried about Keith...we all know how much he loves playing on stage, don't we? And the msot imporant for him is now to rest and get well. Even if I'm gonna loose some money on it, there's nothing like this Man's health. But it's my point of view of course.

Posted by: Pops ()
Date: May 22, 2006 20:05

Hello All

Thanks JumpingJackFlash59, but as so far I can read now on the Official Web Side for Stade de France :

3rd June "Sold Out"
=> a few packages ("Transport + Hotel + Ticket") for June 3rd are still availlable...

For those who understand french here is the link :
[www.stadefrance.fr]

On the other hand for the Brussels June 1st I was again on the Phone this afternoon with :
Tele Ticket Service nv
Schijnpoortweg 119
2170 Merksem
Postbus 220 - 2100 Deurne 1
tel. (Belgie): 070 345 345
tel. (Nederland): 0900 45 000 45
tel. (Internat.): +32 34 00 00 34

And they say they have No Information about any Postponement or Cancellation...

So I really dont know what will happen.

Just hope "Keith Get Well"

Date: May 22, 2006 20:18

Easy to see here, as they have colour-marked postponed/cancelled venues:
[www.stonesvikings.com]

As well as Bv himself has typed "Postponed" for Bruxelles
here [iorr.org]

Posted by: jseb ()
Date: May 22, 2006 20:43

my opinion is that bruxelles won't happen on June, 1st.

but, up to you, how many chances are there that it'll be postponed ?
(unfortunately, i do not see the stones doing all they can to do a show in our little country..)

Brussels, ? , Stade Roi Baudouin

Date: May 22, 2006 20:48

According to an employee from the stadium they have not start with building up the stage, which was scheduled for today. But she told me that is nothing confirmed from the Stones-management until now. Also the office for the VIP-tickets can not confirm anything.

Date: May 22, 2006 21:06

Pops Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello All
>
> Thanks JumpingJackFlash59, but as so far I can
> read now on the Official Web Side for Stade de
> France :
>
> 3rd June "Sold Out"
> => a few packages ("Transport + Hotel + Ticket")
> for June 3rd are still availlable...
>
>
I just checked the SDF website.
You're right about the link, but if you click, you can't buy one of those packages, the list of cities from where you can take the bus has been cleared.
I also checked the VIP reservations part of the site, and they say the show is postponed and will soon be rescheduled.
Last, i've checked the visit calendar (like most stadium you can visit it the days off) and june 2nd, june 3rd, june 4th are available for visitors.

Date: May 23, 2006 01:26

[www.prosportevent.be]
official website of Stade Roi Baudouin, the show is still in the schedule, but theyare questioning if the show will take place somewhere in news section (but the note is from 9th of May, so quite old). It seems like promotors in France now that their show is off deifnately, while Brussel wasn't informed and I cannot see why....but maybe for some reasons?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 01:30 by PiotrRSpl.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 23, 2006 01:29

my head says it ain't gonna happen, but as I have a ticket lined up, I'M PRAYING IT GOES FORWARD. i'm in paris at the moment and am leaving in early june - won't be able to attend any make up dates. COME ON KEITH, GET YER ASS TO BRUSSELS!

Date: May 23, 2006 01:35

I'm not an expert in how the rescheduling the tour works, but..I think when Stones Inc. would want to postpone the show in stadium they must contact local promotor and decide new date for it and it must be co-worked with stadium managament etc. It seems like there are such talks in France, so they at least now by now it won't take place on original date, maybe they are still trying to decide where to put it. But than if Belgian promotor claims he doesn't know anything about postponing belgian's gig than it sounds weird. IMHO, it's not only Stones Inc. who decide when show is going to take place, they must talk about it with people responsibile for it, locally. So if they would talk about it, I suppose tickets sales would be stopped, show would be taken from official stadium website etc.

I'm also more than sure Brussels won't happen on 1st June but what I mean is that it looks strange somehow, the way it is handled.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 01:36 by PiotrRSpl.

Posted by: Pops ()
Date: May 23, 2006 09:18

Hello All

Awwww JumpingJackFlash59, bloody hell !!! you are right !!!

When searching in the VIP part ("Loges / Sièges Premiers") I can see this :

(Yellow frame being my free translation)

But why they still maintain all main pages with the 3rd June Concert Advertizing...

For the Stones Fans in Paris on 3rd June, we can maybe meet for a couple of beers !

Get Well Keith !!!

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 23, 2006 10:09

I think they know about Brussels but they just don't wanna say anything for whatever reason. I think it is quite obvious especially since Paris is out. The our won't start before mid-june at the earliest ‚h‚”‚ˆ‚‰‚Ž‚‹D‚v‚ˆ‚@‚’‚…‚‚Œ‚Œ‚™@‚‹‚Ž‚‚—‚“@‚ˆ‚•‚ˆH@‚h‚”@‚‰‚“@‚‹‚‰‚Œ‚Œ‚‰‚Ž‚‡@‚‚…IIIII

Date: May 23, 2006 10:14

hi1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they know about Brussels but they just
> don't wanna say anything for whatever reason. I
> think it is quite obvious especially since Paris
> is out. The our won't start before mid-june at the
> earliest
> ‚h‚”‚ˆ‚‰‚Ž‚‹�D‚v‚ˆ‚��@‚’‚…‚�‚Œ‚Œ‚™�@‚‹‚Ž‚�‚—‚“�@‚ˆ
> ‚•‚ˆ�H�@‚h‚”�@‚‰‚“�@‚‹‚‰‚Œ‚Œ‚‰‚Ž‚‡�@‚�‚…�I�I�I�I�I

Why mid-June? (and why the symbols? ..is that a pic that I cant see?)

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 23, 2006 12:15

nope, had trouble with the computer.... I meant that the sooner they start the better it will be because if they wait too long, then they will have to reschedule some of the shows and that may create trouble....

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:31

I received a letter from the event travel, the agency that booked my tickets and hotel for the Brussels show, saying that the show is postponed, and that they will let me know the rescheduled date. They offerred a refund less 30 pounds per person "service fee".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home