Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar Weaving Is a Keithism
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 23, 2006 13:36

The whole guitar weaving is a keithism for all the rock magazines and all the interviews and spin keith has put into written print.Come on now one guitar joined to the hip that sound likes two,three four guitars.If guitar weaving or guitar interplay happens its more when playing live then in the studio.If the stones do their own individual takes and are alone in a studio cubicle with the
headsets does weaving really take place.If you talk about the live gig the only
real guitar WEAVING with RW and keith is trading off chuck berry riffs on
respectable,when the whip goes down,IORR etc.No real melodic guitar lines except
for beast of burden if you call that melodic guitar lines.

With Taylor live they traded guitar lines.Please listen to Angie
from Brussell 1973 put the headsets on keith and taylor actually trade guitar lines,same with Midnight Rambler from Brussels.The whole Ya ya's they are both
trading guitar lines throuhgout.There are so many wonderful examples of keith and taylor trading guitar lines live from 1969,1970,1972,1973.

Re: Guitar Weaving Is a Keithism
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 23, 2006 13:40

But the best "weaving" was done in '78!!!
Listen to handsome girls disc 1. Absolutely awesome!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: May 23, 2006 13:49

I have Wuddy with headsets and for me its to much chuck berry and not what I prefer to hear especially getting spoiled with the taylor years.There are so many bad and flat notes on handsome girls just not my taste

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:11

beware, this kind of thread isn't to bv's taste either . . .

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:21

OpenG.... your off again! Its the whole experience that counts and not specific notes..... Rock n Rols about feel and energy.

I my book the Stones core is two guitar players not lead v rythmn

but then I doubt we'll ever agree

I'll ave to argue about over a beer on London soon......

Date: May 23, 2006 14:25

ablett,

you had your chance when I was at sticky fingers on 4/22 dam now we may never get a chance to discuss the fine art of weaving.

First I would like to state that its not lead VS rhythm - I have always stated and it is my opinion that keith and taylor had guitar INTERPLAY trading guitar lines,rhythm and riffs along the way.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:26

It's all a matter of taste OpenG. Those taylor live perfomances were awesome indeed but i like the weaving guitars a little bit more but it also has to do with the whole sound of the band. Listen to When the Wip, the start of the second verse, man are Wyman and Watts in sync and swinging!!!!!!

To each his own but i don't hear bumnotes on handsome girls... I could be wrong so please tell me where you hear them because one of the best things about being a stones fan is that you can hear something new everyday on a recording you have heard hunderds of times!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: May 23, 2006 14:31

hey albett,

I may run the london marathon next April 07 If I get selected.I found out that they have like a lottery system and you sign up and then they select you. So if they select me I will see you next april 07. In the mean time have fun with rock and roll

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:33

OpenG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey albett,
>
> I may run the london marathon next April 07 If I
> get selected.I found out that they have like a
> lottery system and you sign up and then they
> select you. So if they select me I will see you
> next april 07. In the mean time have fun with rock
> and roll

you've got a 1:4 / 1:5 chance of gettin into the marathon thru the lottery.
in the 14 years i've been applying - i've been successful 5 times.

Date: May 23, 2006 14:37

adrian-L,

thanks well I will try anyway, I am running the DC Marine Marathon here in October 06 and the Army 10 miler . running and taylorism in my blood.

cheers

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 23, 2006 14:40

me too dude- me too.

if you're unsuccesful with the London entry... go for Rotterdam- usually the same weekend or thereabouts.... gets all the London overflows.
A fast, flat course - perfect for PB's.
Avoid Paris marathon - poorly organised and not much support.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 23, 2006 15:13

is there something wrong with the term being a "Keithism"??
i have one interview where he uses the term "ancient form of weaving" to refer to the music being passed along from generation to generation.
isn't that interesting ...

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Date: May 23, 2006 15:23

No keith has his way of deflecting crictism and how the band should sound, the keith mandate on how the 2 guitars are to sound and how that is communicated to the press with all the spin and not to ALTER the mainstream fan on how the current sound of the stones sounds the last 31 years VS when the band sounded the best live with that guitar interplay with that guy named taylor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home