Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: which stones-songs you really dont like??-just 5!
Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: May 19, 2006 17:29

harlito1969 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Winning Ugly - just hideous

Ah, but the Canadian-only 7" release w/PS is a $30-50 collectable. So grab one if you can; you don't have to listen ot it.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: May 19, 2006 17:31

Haha I like a lot of these songs. I guess to each his own though. I'm not really sure what Stones songs I don't like. I never really think about it. Oh well.
-Thru and Thru (used to love it, now i just think it's lazy)
-Can't Be Seen
-Harlem Shuffle (probably my least fave)

that's all I can think of for right now. Am I the only person on this board who enjoys Streets of Love? I think it's actually got a great melody. I do understand the 'chese' factor, i'm not deaf, but I still don't think it's their worst song. I'd really like to hear it live.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 19, 2006 17:37

Greg....I like Steets Of Love, too....but I've already been labeled as a dork earlier in this thread so I'm probably not helping your cause.

I have a sister who loves that song....then I played the album (CD, whatever) for a girlfriend and when Streets Of Love came on she said, "What is this crap?" and immediately advenced it to the next song. "Too cheesy," she said....but to me, it has sort of a Memory Motel cheesiness to it that I like.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: May 19, 2006 17:38

Fact is I hate it when Jagger does the falsetto thing, so "Worried about you" is the ultimate dislike. "Fool to Cry". (Sentimental shit) and "We love you" (ha ha) And a few wanna-be-disco-kings-numbers... Thank God they're over that!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 19, 2006 17:44

jumpinjackgreg Wrote:
> -Thru and Thru (used to love it, now i just think
> it's lazy)

Agree. Thru is a real album filler. Way too long. But lazy is probably the best despription of the song.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: May 19, 2006 17:51

Where The Boys Go - cheesy wanna be 80s punk with horrible background vocals
Might As Well Get Juiced - hate techno
You Got Me Rocking - no explanation
She Saw Me Coming - Never saw what people like in this, goes nowhere
Fool To Cry - Never liked this song

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 19, 2006 17:57

jumpinjackgreg Wrote:

> -Harlem Shuffle (probably my least fave)

fo' real? do you hate the song itself, or the stones version of it? i think it's a hot number!

also like can't be seen.

but i agree with you on thru and thru! one of the few weak spots on VL IMCO.

Posted by: Star ()
Date: May 19, 2006 18:13

Well "You Got Me Rocking" is not one I often choose to play at home but it is a great "live" song.

Doea anyone else find as I do, that there are certain songs that I would always like, and there are others that I often play on my home system and yet other I rarely do. However, some of the tracks I almost never play at home can take on a different "feeling" live and do turn out to be great songs for the live shows.

Anyone who doesnt like Angie, Can You Hear The Music, Brand New Car, YCAGWYW, Hot Stuff, Fool To Cry, Hey Negrita etc etc must be on a different planet to my "Stones" planet anyway!!

"till the next time..."

P.S. CAn anybody send me (will pay fair price) a copy of the LA Forum March 2006 boot DVD as I am not a computer expert and can not seem to find any way to download it!!! Help!! (I believe it does exist and I did manage to download the cover, but anything else seems impossible so I'd just rather buy it).

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: May 19, 2006 18:16

Wow, I really like many of the songs on these lists. Here are my least favorite:

1) Back to Zero
2) Streets of Love
3) You Got Me Rockin'
4) Blinded by Rainbows
5) Winning Ugly

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: May 19, 2006 19:14

Wow, WINTER, remind me not to go to a Stones listening party with you!! You hate most Mick ballads--------BOOOOOOOOOOO- and of all the Keith songs to DISLIKE, " Can't Be Seen" is one I LOVE! I usually hate Keith songs! I couldn't make out any of the other ones you referred to because you use abbreviations! LAZY!

Date: May 19, 2006 19:21

Yeah, Debra, I got a headache trying to figure out what Winter was saying....No offense, Winter, I'm sure you made some good points, it's just that I'm no good at figuring out these abbreviations. So after about 4 seconds I said, "Fuc*k it."

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: May 19, 2006 19:24

Winning Ugly
Back to Zero
Rock and a Hard Place
Streets of Love
Already Over Me

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 19, 2006 19:45

Lukester, I saw your post now.
Nice answer....but does this mean that you haven't bought the "album Emotional Rescue" yet? You promised under the Emotional Rescue-thread a while back.
It's important to take some stands in life...and now may be the time for your Emotional Stand. Hopefully you'll dig half of the songs on it.

Date: May 19, 2006 19:51

Erik,
You are so right, my elk loving, cabin dwelling, guitar playing, bike riding, pig dodging, English speaking, Norweigan friend. I did promise to buy the Emotinal Rescue CD didn't I? Well, as a man of my word I shall set out to do just that... It is now on my "To Do" list. I am so glad that you remembered because I don't want to wait another 26 years. I shall report back tomorrow with my findings.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 19, 2006 19:53

1 Indian Girl (I wrote better songs at the age of 14)
2 Back to Zero (Give me chills - and not the good kind)
3 Driving Too Fast (Boring, mindless cock rock)
4 Winning Ugly (Would make a great theme song for some lame 80's movie about a underdog guy w/a bad moustache trying to make it in some kind of professional sport)
5 Suck on the Jugular (ooh, how "naughty" - like a mongoloid's take on the red hot chili peppers)

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 19, 2006 20:53

Debra Wrote:
> Wow, WINTER, remind me not to go to a Stones
> listening party with you!! You hate most Mick
> ballads--------BOOOOOOOOOOO- and of all the Keith
> songs to DISLIKE, " Can't Be Seen" is one I LOVE!
> I usually hate Keith songs! I couldn't make out
> any of the other ones you referred to because you
> use abbreviations! LAZY!

sorry for the headache-causing abbreviations, lukester and debra. they have been edited to full titles.

debra, i said i mostly dislike mick's *modern-era* ballad singing on Steel Wheels, Voodoo, Bridges, and 2002's Keys To Your Love. the notable exception being Almost Hear you sigh. they seem more like athletic exercises in over-singing rather than heartfelt, and that i'm glad he's back in form with last year's Laugh, i nearly died. we could most definitely go to a stones listening party together. however, if the dj played nothing but those sacharrine MJ songs from the late '80's and '90's, i would just leave several hours earlier than you or be outside smoking a fattie until they played '62-'82 ballads or some rock! winking smiley

as far as Can't Be Seen, it seems like a throwaway KR tune next to happy, theif, b4 they make me run, slippin' away, comin' down again, etc. we could swap places on the porch when the dj played those, haha!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 19, 2006 21:01

Darn, I forgot to include "Can't Be Seen". Well it gets (dis)honorable mention on my list. It's the only Keith song I just don't like.

Date: May 19, 2006 21:38

Thanks Winter....I'll help you smoke that fattie

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 20, 2006 00:10

Man !!!!!! I hate this treads, To Much Blood (Let It Bleed ;-)) is an amazing song, Paint it Black How can somebody not like this song.

Ok most of agree on "Back to Zero"

Next time "Songs we Love"

I go for "Gimmi Shelter"

Date: May 20, 2006 00:15

Nico...my man!!! You are Mr. Positive.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 20, 2006 00:21

Lukester Wrote:
> Nico...my man!!! You are Mr. Positive.

Thanks Luke, you make my day.

Date: May 20, 2006 01:03

Ok here goes; most of METAMORPHOSIS, especially Jive Sister Fanny.

WHERE THE BOYS GO
ALL ABOUT YOU
WINNING UGLY
DIRTY WORK
LIES
TOO RUDE
Followed by:
FIGHT
HOLD BACK
CITADEL
GOMPER
I know, there's more than 5! I must say I like alot of Satanic Majesties, alot more than UNDERCOVER and DIRTY WORK. I love 2000 Light Years,& She's A Rainbow.The old cds are such a part of my formative years that it would be sacrelidge to pull them apart!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 20, 2006 01:06

Indian Girl...that´s about it.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 20, 2006 01:14

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> Indian Girl...that´s about it.

you're killing me here (viking style, that is) Indian Girl is a gem!

Date: May 20, 2006 01:28

Winter, I like your style! I'll bring you an extra big FATTIE! Maybe we COULD listen together afterall! I love "Almost Hear You Sigh" and don't think it's overdone BUT I love "Laugh" as much!! It is a Mick masterpiece! ( IMO) I tend to gush where Mick is concerned, I know!

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: May 20, 2006 09:07

Already Over Me and Saint of Me????? OMG! I f-ing love those songs. So good. True masterpieces and some of, if not THE, best post 80's Stones material. I love thoes songs. I wish thye would play them as much as they play other songs.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 20, 2006 11:50

Cherry Oh Baby
Feel On Baby
Back To Zero
Hold Back
Heaven
Losing My Touch
Stealing My Heart

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 20, 2006 11:57

Summer Romance.. Send It To Me.. Indian Girl.. Where The Boys Go.. Down In The Hole..

Emotional Rescue had some strong ones but the rest completely sucked.

Posted by: dodo_69 ()
Date: May 20, 2006 12:54

ANGIE
ANGIE ANGIE

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 20, 2006 13:07

- The mixes of Anybody Seen My Baby? (Track 4 on single is the worst I've ever heard)
- The mixes of Love Is Strong
- The mixes of Out Of Control

And most of the other stupid techno mixing projects.

The only remix I like is Sympathy For The Devil (Neptunes remix?) that came out a few years ago. But It's best when you watch the video at the same time.

Otherwise I can't come up with any song, cause I like them all in their own way.
And I'm just as much into slow songs as the rock'n roll, so...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home