Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Black Crowes Last Night - not so good
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 18, 2006 21:50

saw them at the mosque in richmond around 92....the sound was so loud it was awful....completely distorted vocals.... turned me off to the band...

but every once in a while i put in the southern harmony musical companion and rock out.. i think thats one of the great rock and roll records.......

i think a great band should ALWAYS or close to always put on a great show.... there's no excuse for a band to have bad shows and good shows.. people pay good money to be there and they deserve the goods....

i had been thinking about trying to catch their live show again

to answer the reviewer: i'm pretty sure you had to be on weed!

Date: May 18, 2006 22:36

I simply cannot understand this facsination w/a fifth generation bunch of stoners who mimic third second generation bands like the Stones. They suck, Chris Robinson can't sing, he dances like a retarded chicken, and the musicianship is poor at best.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 18, 2006 22:52

Menace are you serious?
Did you see the Crowes this year?
And if you did, what was it like?

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 18, 2006 23:26

I went to four night of the Crowes at the Fonda last fall. Only planned on going to two but it was amazing. Really good vibe going on. Also saw a couple nights of the acoustic tour the brothers just did. Again, only planned on one night, but had to go back the next night. I've yet to see a bad show by the band, but I'm sure it happens. Apparently they are re-energized after the long layoff. Their setlists change constantly. I don't think they are doing shows for the casual fans. In my opinion, they are definitely worth seeing.

Posted by: jeff14 ()
Date: May 19, 2006 01:30

i think that jomo summed it up...they don't play for the casual fan...they play whatever gets them off and hopefully this will get the audience off...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home