Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron Fall Down
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 9, 2006 02:47

Let's say we were in the same exact situation, except it was Ronnie that had taken a spill from the palm tree. Would the shows still be postponed?

I don't want this to turn into a Ronnie-bashing thread (I love the guy), I'm just wondering . . . a mere hypothetical, if you will.

Re: Ron Fall Down
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 9, 2006 03:02

i think so.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 9, 2006 03:03

What a stupid question. Ofcourse..

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 9, 2006 03:05

I think anyone in the basic 4 plus daryl they would postpone the tour. maybe chuck levall too. Im not sure.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 9, 2006 03:06

Reptile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a stupid question. Ofcourse..

no need to get insulting there, boy.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: May 9, 2006 03:09

Yup

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: May 9, 2006 03:11

Any of the 4 they would.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 9, 2006 03:58

Wouldn't make any difference, within the four, I agree.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: May 9, 2006 04:06

id think so.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 9, 2006 04:50

They would continue without Ronnie.
He's definitely replaceable, just my opinion.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 9, 2006 05:19

to quote the boys' from Satanic - "On with the Show!"

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 9, 2006 05:21

Hairball, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I WANT Ron Wood in the Stones. He's been there for over 30 years now, and yes it is a difficult position (as it was for Brian and Mick T) and he has been marginalized to varying degrees.
I was old enough to be a fan before he joined, he was what I thought the obvious choice to 'be' a Stone, and RW remains one of my top 5 or 10 favorite guitarists. (I also wish Bill was still in there, but despite the fact he was the perfect bassist for the Stones I think his lack of enthusiasm and detachment became a drag for the band, but musically I miss him - when they wanted more notes there was always KR, RW, or MT, and now - well maybe playing fewer notes - MJ).
I love RW's work with Faces and Rod and the Birds, he's a superb collaborator (Lane, Rod, Bobby Womack, Keith, to name the m,ost obvious) and like all my fave musicians, and all the Stones, he has a distinct and identifiable musical personality. He was a fine bassist in the Jeff Beck Group. I know the drugs & alchohol have taken their toll, but he was 'on' at the shows I saw in August and January. I hope the Fijian episode was a slip, not a slide, and if Keith is OK after this crisis, one of many in the Stones' crisis filled career, the experience could (as Charlie's cancer did, based on the interview posted here last week) renew Keith's, and Ron's, committment to the Stones and to an assessment of their own priorities. Maybe not, but I hope so.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 9, 2006 06:10

Good points John r, but I still think they would go on without Ronnie.
If it was Mick, Charlie, or Keith...no way.
If Keith doesn't get well, there's no way the Rolling Stones will continue without him.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: May 10, 2006 03:58

Come on, like it or not, the guy is a Rolling Stone, period. He's not a freshman anymore. Of course the shows would be postponed.

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: May 10, 2006 04:00

Rumor has it that George Thorogood has been secretly rehearsing with the Stones in case his freebasing addiction renders him unusable....

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: May 10, 2006 04:16

He's a Rolling Stone.
If one of the Rolling Stones can't go on the Rolling Stones don't go on stage.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 10, 2006 05:55

If the Roooon Felll Dooowwwn, then maybe he'd play better.

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: May 15, 2006 02:41

I wish Ronnie would quit the group...the band needs a legitimate lead guitar player...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home