Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith - surgery on for today - Daily Mail, Telegraph, MTV - UK
Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: May 4, 2006 20:10

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To be honest, I 'm not that worried about the
> surgery. What happens to a guy that's been high
> (drugs/alcohol to deal with the stresses of his
> success) his entire adult life once he stops? His
> whole personality and outlook is changed. Will
> Keith be able to handle the road and everything
> that goes with it straight? This is the big
> question - people go through MAJOR CHANGES. Our
> Keith might not be Keith anymore......

I think you speak for all of us!
Certainly a big point you got there MB

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 4, 2006 20:19

>> I think you speak for all of us!
Certainly a big point you got there MB <<

he doesn't freakin speak for me. Keith's well-being is what's important,
not your speculative qualms over hypothetical outlook changes.
seek your blue capsules - please

Keith, be well

Date: May 4, 2006 20:28

with sssoul Wrote:
> >> I think you speak for all of us!
> Certainly a big point you got there MB <<
>
> he doesn't freakin speak for me. Keith's
> well-being is what's important,
> not your speculative qualms over hypothetical
> outlook changes.
> seek your blue capsules - please
>
> Keith, be well

There's a certain amount of truth in MB post here
no one knows how this injury will impact on Keith!

I'll stick to the little yellow pill, thank you!
No need to be rude! We're all worried!

By the way you can always go to the thread named
"We wish you a speedy rcovery" and send your greeting to Keith
I'll try to get passed on in some way!

Like we did with the wishlist when the tour started!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 4, 2006 20:31

with sssoul Wrote:
> >> I think you speak for all of us!
> Certainly a big point you got there MB <<
>
> he doesn't freakin speak for me. Keith's
> well-being is what's important,
> not your speculative qualms over hypothetical
> outlook changes.
> seek your blue capsules - please
>
> Keith, be well

With sssoul, I really doubt there's much risk with draining excess fluid (as long as there's no more bleeding. Then we're talking surgery and that would GREATLY change everything big time). The Stones are gonna follow Doctors orders, no doubt. I'm thinking about afterwards....This is gonna be a MAJOR HEADTRIP if he really cleans up. There's a good chance he might just say F -it, I can't tour anymore. Keith Richards turns into Cat Stevens - sounded impossible once upon a time, not now....

PS. I'm not a Dr. but I know a lot about medical shit, I have a Doctor in the family, I'm not gonna get into it - I used to read A LOT about medical proceedures

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 4, 2006 20:42

Well I am not convinced either way. I just feel that if it really were serious, if this surgurey were really happening, it would not be a secret.

Now as for NO OFFICIAL WORD, that may be because the Stones Camp does not see a need; nothing has happened, nothing is happening, the spokeswoman has already commented once that all is ok. I mean every time the Enquirer reports JFK and Elvis are alive with Marilyn on a Carribean island, there is no need for Lisa Marie and Ted Kennedy to officially deny it. We have not seen any HEALTHY Keith pics, but then again we have no pics of him sick, or even any pics from the vacation. Maybe, just maybe, the guy wants to be left alone on what is left of his vacation. Since there is no offical word to the contrary, maybe he just does not feel a need to tell us he is OK and at home, ready to go.

Rumours always fly, and there are always people ready to hang black crepe around anyone. Before the start of the tour, there were dozens on these boards predicting Charlie's demise and his hrrible fate DESPITE the good news. People posted that they must be hiding something, and rang the funeral bells. Charlie is alive and touring, and doing fine apparently. It seems strange to me that if there is silence, we assume it is bad news, and not good. And in a way, it has not been silent, the spokeswoman for the group has said positive things; so the question then becomes, how many times must she tell us nothing is wrong.

LOL that all said, nothing would surprise me with these guys.I mean I put a lot of faith in Stonesdoug's info ( more that the Sun and all the re-quotes), and feel good, but the flip side is that BV's relative silence in all of this makes me edgy.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 4, 2006 20:44

well I wish the best for Keith, and this post IS speculative, but a renewed, sober (or relatively) KR would also certainly have an impact on the Mick/Keith relationship and possibly even Wood's recovery. It may be late in the game, but the '77 Toronto bust & semi-recovery did shake things up during creative resurgence that followed.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 4, 2006 20:45

indeed, no need for rudeness, or for claims that anyone is speaking for all of us,
or for giddy qualms about whether Keith's style and personality will be to your/MB's taste after this experience.

>> no one knows <<

right: so let's leave it alone, shall we? at least until something is known.
(and i did post to your other thread already, Fan Since 1964, thanks)

>> PS. I'm not a Dr. but I know a lot about medical shit, I have a Doctor in the family, I'm not gonna get into it -
I used to read A LOT about medical proceedures <<

great, and you're not the only one.
last week before you found those blue capsules that made you feel better,
you were announcing the end of the Stones because of Mick doing a cameo in a sitcom pilot.
no one knows that Keith is going through any major changes, or how he will go through them, if/when he does.
so please: find the blue capsules again - they really seemed to do a lot of good.

Keith, be well

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-04 21:11 by with sssoul.

Date: May 4, 2006 21:13

kahoosier, so we meet again so soon....EVERY major paper in England - The Standard, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph is reporting this to be fact. Let's not forget one thing, The ENORMOUS amount of money involved in this tour - ENORMOUS.There is a BIG reason for the Stones camp to stay quiet - $$$. If more and more legit media are picking up on this story the logical thing to do is for the Stones Head Office to release some proof that Keith is OK - a few recent photo's will do - he can wear a hat if they shaved a bit of his head.There are things we know: Keith was in a NZ hospital for days because of a head injury, that's a fact. So either he's fine and out and about (no Photo's?) or he's still in the NZ hospital or in another hospital. If the papparazzi can track down Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie to a remote country like Namibia they surely can find Keith. He did have an accident my good Dr. THAT'S A FACT !! It's not ALL MADE UP...

BTW, you were so right on China, see that woman yell at the Chinese President in Washington DC? YEP, China's right around the corner from Democracy - and the moon is made of cheese - Holy Sh*t - take me to Never Never Land with you......

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: May 4, 2006 21:16

hey MicksBrain......if it was jagger smashing his coconut.....you could change yur name to MicksBloodyBrain

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 4, 2006 21:21

. As long as the surgery goes OK, I think he'll be the same Keith. I think he has a strong will and a strong constitution. Ronnie's been able to stay sober. If Ronnie can do it so can Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-04 21:22 by ryanpow.

Re: Keith - surgery on for today - The Standard, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, MTV - UK
Date: May 4, 2006 21:24

True....always shooting the messenger around here. I don't dig being lied to, some people around here wanna be lied to. Keith @#$%& up - deal with it, it's called life. E-mail the Stones office for not telling us what's going on.....

Re: Keith - surgery on for today - The Standard, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, MTV - UK
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 4, 2006 21:27

Please ease.
All is fine.
I may be wring and some uf us might not wake up tomorrow morning.
We were told over and over yesterday from the Stonescamp and via Doug
that Keith is all right. Tour continues as scheduled.

Now on to business as usual.

Vibrato thread, someone... ?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 4, 2006 21:30

ryanpow Wrote:
> . Ronnie's been able to stay
> sober.

Que? You're barkin' up the wrong tree there, ryan....

Date: May 4, 2006 21:30

i really wish they'd change their setlist

Date: May 4, 2006 21:31

Yeah; please moan & whine some will ya!
I wanna get rid of SMU...
Someone care to start a new whinin' thread?

Date: May 4, 2006 21:32

do you still like a bigger head bang?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-04 21:34 by Leonard Keringer.

Date: May 4, 2006 21:33

There's a song on AFTERMATH called THINK....let's try some of it here. WHO has the most reason to lie?

THINK.......is it a newspaper that could care less about Keith Richards? OR is it the Stones Camp that can lose TONS OF MONEY on a big tour coming up.....

THINK

Date: May 4, 2006 21:36

Hey Baboon Bro!

Get over to the thread

"We wish you a speedy recovery"

and put up a post with best wishes to Keith

Regards from another Swedish fan!

Date: May 4, 2006 21:36

Ok, my West Coast friend - I will.

Date: May 4, 2006 21:38

Goodieee!

Hope to see you in Gothenburg!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 4, 2006 21:38

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Please ease.
> All is fine.
> Now on to business as usual.....
>
> Vibrato thread, someone... ?

Good point. Where is Open-G ? Mick Taylor is the greatest musician the Stones have ever had aside a certain...Keith...Here we go again

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: May 4, 2006 23:06

Flying is impossible after this kind of surgery. I therefore predict an autumn or winter tour of Europe with arenas and club-gigs.

Date: May 4, 2006 23:08

Still no serious or trustworthy media has confirmed any surgery.

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 4, 2006 23:09

[today.reuters.com]
-------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is in good spirits as he remains under observation in New Zealand after a mild concussion, the band's spokeswoman said on Thursday.

She denied, however, that the 62-year-old rocker would require a drill through his skull to drain blood from his brain, as some news reports have suggested.

"He's feeling good and in good spirits," spokeswoman Fran Curtis told Reuters. She did not know when he would leave New Zealand, but said the European leg of the band's world tour would begin as scheduled on May 27 in Barcelona.

Richards was flown to Auckland, New Zealand, last week after sustaining a mild concussion while on vacation with his wife, Patti, on the island of Fiji.

Various news reports have said the death-defying rocker fell from either a palm tree or a personal water craft. The Stones camp has not disclosed what actually happened.

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 4, 2006 23:12

There is our "Offical Word". So can we all cut the crap now? He's fine.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home