Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Thanx to BV for interviews
Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: May 2, 2006 16:44

I just listened to all 4 interviews...thanx a lot!!!

Re: Thanx to BV for interviews
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 2, 2006 17:52

what interviews are you speaking of? Can you post a link?

Thanks!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 2, 2006 17:55

BV put the zdf link on the main news page.
We've had them here in 2 threads all ready.
[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-02 18:08 by open-g.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 2, 2006 18:02

Thanks BV!!!How can we dowmloaded them??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-02 18:03 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 2, 2006 18:22

They are great, you realy get the feeling how they think.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 2, 2006 18:27

Really. I thought they were pretty lame, especially Charley.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 2, 2006 19:04

If you think what Charlie says is lame then may be you think Charlie is lame. The Charlie interview is very good. Charlie is normally shy, and as an intelligent person he don't do any diplomacy BS he just ignore the journalists. But in this 8 minutes interview he actually talks, he says all shows are the same, some are different, rock'n'roll has got a fixed format while jazz is experimental etc. Charlie also talks about his cancer case, and says Mick is the greatest frontman in the world, while he is just an observer. So in short this interview is 10 times better than most Charlie interviews. And as you know, Charlie never talks at press conferences or shows. This time he is quite nice, even for him, journalists are not that interesting people.

As for IORR news. The IORR forum is read by may be 1000 people, while the IORR NEWS and main IORR web pages are read by more than 100,000 people. Most people don't have the time to follow forum & chat pages. So having the most important info available in the NEWS section, still not having an overflow of not so interesting info, is IORR policy. If it is important, then it is in the iorr news.

Bjornulf

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 2, 2006 19:17

Absolutely agree to what you said about Charly, BV.

Also it's nice to see the link on the front page, not only for IORR insiders, but a little credit is due to linnerz - who spotted the superb link in the first place.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 2, 2006 19:23

Yes, it's really great to see Charlie here. Because it's so obvious that he hate the situation, being interviewed and all. BUT after a short while, he actually speaks honestly and interesting.
Funny that when the interviewer asks "What makes this tour different from the other tours?" Mick would have said quite a lot here. Charlie just say "....Nothing...They're all the same!"
Nice that he's in the greatest R&R Band, but that he's NOT doing showbiz offstage.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 2, 2006 19:28

Totally agree too. Charlie interview is the most interesting one. Maybe it is due to the fact that he seldom gives inteview, to say the least. Anyway, his supposed leaving the band on world tour never transpires. Thanks BV for this great chat from an humble musician, who should not be....humble

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 2, 2006 19:39

i woudl add that in the book according to the rolling stones you really got a picture of what charlie thought and how he thinks... he was of course the stone responsible for putting it out so i think he had alot of commitment to the project and decided to tell it how it is a bit..it made the book imho

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 2, 2006 19:51

The Charlie interview is the most interesting by far, and I felt that he was a very willing interviewee once it got started. There is no pretense with Charlie -- he just says exactly what he is feeling at the moment, and that's what makes it so interesting. He was obviously very pleased with the Brazil show, and is clearly not looking forward to Shanghai (and his reasons are spot on). The questions were lame and Charlie made the answers fascinating. I would rather listen to Charlie for 5 minutes than listen to Mick talk about marketing research for 30 minutes.

Date: May 2, 2006 19:56

Almost every interview with Charlie tells a lot more about lack of knowledge from the interviewers. Trivial general questions. I remember an interview he did some 15 years ago for Danish tv. The interviewer was really into the techniques of drumming , into Charlie's love for jazz etc. That interview was simply fantastic. A true rarity. Charlie's great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-02 20:16 by no nervous breakdowns.

Date: May 2, 2006 20:09

It's actually quite funny when Keith and Ronnie are asked about Angie being used used by German CDU in the election campaign. They both find is interesting. Even a compliment as Ronnie puts it. Not exactly the "official" way the Stones reacted to this....Now that may change now that Angela Merkel apparently is popular among the majority of my southern neighbours. Maybe she'll sell a few extra German tickets ? Would be interesting to see if they actually play Angie in Germany....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-02 20:16 by no nervous breakdowns.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 2, 2006 20:13

smile: finally coaxed my computer into letting me watch these -
Charlie's the only one i've watched so far, and he's lovely!
that bit where he's talking about how the Stones "can't go out there and do what Coltrane did -
well you could, but you wouldn't take the audience with you, not many of them anyway" -
that was so intriguing, such a cool way of talking about what the Stones are so brilliant at: taking us with them.
thank you Charlie! and thank you BV for the link, and Linnerz for locating it.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 2, 2006 20:31

In any event, they were all remarkably coherent. Keith's fingers don't look too good -- they may limit his playing before his body give out.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 2, 2006 20:44

Charlie is great!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 2, 2006 21:20

Charlie is great indeed. And I was also shocked by Keith's fingers. How can he possibly manage to play the guitar.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2006 21:28

The Charlie interview is priceless and chocabloc with great quotes, breathtaking honesty and dry humour

and I liked his quote - "this band is my life". Doesnt sound like the words of a man who's ready to quit.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 2, 2006 21:41

I meant to say that the Stones make an exhausted impression, look really tired and that the questions aren't all that interesting. I did'nt mean to implicate that Charlie is lame, come on Bjornulf!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-03 00:06 by mr edward.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 2, 2006 22:02

That's exactly what I thought, too, Gazza!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 3, 2006 13:30

I do agree with everybody, CW interview is great, (the best of all four I think)is true to him and I donĀ“t remember seeing him talk so much...

:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home