Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Zurich
Posted by: turygy ()
Date: April 12, 2006 02:36

Guys, a question: is the FOS section in Zurich going to be like in many other European cities, i.e., people standing, dancing, etc. or like in the US, i.e., people being seated?

Re: Zurich
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 12, 2006 03:34

its got to be the latter - the term Front of Stage is referring to a general section with no seating. if there were seats, there'd be no need to add FOS to the seat description - a row and seat number would be enough

Posted by: turygy ()
Date: April 12, 2006 04:57

Thanks, little queenie. Actually "FOS" is only my term here, the official (German language) venue plan says "Stehplatze," and since I speak no German at all, I just assumed that it is the equivalent of FOS, but am not sure, that is why I asked. So you think it is a real FOS area, right? Not the seated, US-like front-of-the-stage area? Would be great smiling smiley)

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 12, 2006 05:09

with the exception of the UK, all Euro dates are general admission on the field!

hell yes!

Date: April 12, 2006 05:58

yes, its a shame about the uk - i had such a great time in '99. the only good thing about seated shows is that you can show up at 8:50PM (20:50, i think) and not worry about your seat (unless you're trying to score a better one, of course!!). but then there's the comraderie you share standing in line for hours before the shows. but if you're in a city for just a day to see a show before moving on to the next city, it would be nice to have your day to see the sights. however, front row is more important than any castle!

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 12, 2006 08:20

And in "Dübi" it was not possible to buy FOS, it's general admission (standing) only (besides the seated sections on tier (?? english??). Sure there will be a FOS section, first comes...

On ebay the try to sell FOS or tickets "near to the stage". But tickets don't exist. Or they call them "first categorie" tickets. They don't exist either. I asked a seller what the..^^ he means . He told me that there are the cheaper tickets for the people who live in the area... very clever how they try to make money...

Date: April 12, 2006 08:33

the UK shows were the only ones in europe i saw in '99 and edinburgh and sheffield had no FOS but it was not a problem (except in edinburgh the promoter did not have my ticket so they had to hand write one for me and couldn't get in until the end of sheryl crow. luckily i found sdstonesguy and he pulled me up near the front!

at that time, only wembley had what i think may have been the beginning of the FOS phenomenon - it was a small triangle and the first ones who got there were fenced in and got wristbands. one color for each side of the catwalk. i got 3 altogether and sold one for the price of some wine. i was able to walk up to the side of the front of the stage on ron's side and had no one behind me for 10 feet. i was able to walk toward the B stage when they went there and then walk up to front row again afterward. i have a great pic of keith walking toward me smiling, though his eyes are glowing - maybe he is evil! winking smiley

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: May 3, 2006 08:22

10'000 tickets will be on sale on Friday, for members of "Good News" on Thursday. Instead of 58'000, now 68'000 people.

Here from the promoter Good News

Sie haben die Möglichkeit am Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2006 von 8.00 Uhr bis 20.00 Uhr vor dem offiziellen Vorverkauf-Start die letzten Tickets für das Konzert der Rolling Stones per SMS oder Internet zu bestellen.

DÜBENDORF WILL DAS GRÖSSTE OPEN-AIR KONZERT ALLER ZEITEN IN DER SCHWEIZ!
THE BIGGER BANG GETS EVEN BIGGER, EINE GARANTIERT LETZTE UND LIMITIERTE ANZAHL STEHPLÄTZE GELANGT IN DEN VORVERKAUF

Am Samstag, 25. Februar dieses Jahres waren sämtliche im Vorverkauf verfügbaren 48'000 Tickets für das Konzert der Rolling Stones vom
5. August 2006 in Dübendorf in knapp sechs Stunden ausverkauft. Ebenso fanden die zusätzlichen 10'000 Anwohner-Tickets im Nu ihre Abnehmer. Stolze 58'000 Tickets sind also bereits verkauft.

Erfreuliche Nachrichten gibt es jetzt für alle Rolling Stones Fans, die bis anhin kein Ticket ergattern konnten. Nach langen Verhandlungen mit Band, Management, Polizei, Luftwaffe, Militär, SBB und dem Einverständnis der Anwohnergemeinden Dübendorf, Wangen-Brüttisellen und Volketswil konnte einer Kapazitätserhöhung auf total 68'000 Zuschauer zugestimmt werden.

Somit wird dieser Event zur grössten Open-Air-Rockparty aller Zeiten in der Schweiz! The bigger bang gets even bigger in Dübendorf. Erwartet werden zwei weitere Topacts, die ab 17 Uhr das grosse Konzert eröffnen. Weitere Überraschungen künden sich an.

Der Good News Member Vorverkauf findet am Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2006 statt.

Switzerland ist "Stonesland" too.... LOL.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 3, 2006 12:11

That's Not "good news" for me... there was no separate Front of Stage standing area on sale for Zürich (so much for fan club membership), so I'll be with the 50,000+ on the field. It's not worth it for me to get there early afternoon to try to be within good distance of the stage, so will be bringing my binoculars..

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 3, 2006 12:58

Stehplatze translates as "no seats" or "standing places" (engl?).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home