Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Latest AP : REPORTS CONFLICT OVER RICHARDS INJURY
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 1, 2006 01:59

Just saw this on Yahoo's home page fresh of the AP. I don't know how to get the article moved over here but it's basically saying that there's different stories floating around and a bit too much secrecy. This lack of info coming out of the Stones camp makes me think they're hiding something...In LA, when a celeb is in the hospital the Doctors come out and give updates a few times everyday.I just find it very strange that the Doctors are not coming out and giving a press conference to say everything is alright (unless it's not) - it's so standard.... IMO this is getting a bit weird....

Re: Latest AP : REPORTS CONFLICT OVER RICHARDS INJURY
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 1, 2006 02:10

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just saw this on Yahoo's home page fresh of the
> AP. I don't know how to get the article moved over
> here but it's basically saying that there's
> different stories floating around and a bit too
> much secrecy. This lack of info coming out of the
> Stones camp makes me think they're hiding
> something...

maybe its because theres not much to report??

In LA, when a celeb is in the hospital
> the Doctors come out and give updates a few times
> everyday.

yeah,..if its an illness of any significance. Theres no suggestion this falls into that category

I just find it very strange that the
> Doctors are not coming out and giving a press
> conference to say everything is alright (unless
> it's not) - it's so standard.... IMO this is
> getting a bit weird....

a press conference?? For a bit of mild concussion??? WTF?

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: May 1, 2006 02:14

Stopp making us crazy Micksbrain.

The insurance companies will demand a hospitalisation, I guess, even one of the "boys" (lol) would have a..... öööhm...

Posted by: Ya-Ya ()
Date: May 1, 2006 02:16

He also supposedly had a jetski accident not long after hurting his head in the fall.

Date: May 1, 2006 02:25

I think Keef was a little too stoned and dronk. Happens to us all. He's not a young man anymore.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 1, 2006 02:30

Ànd he is having 3 Guitars delivered to the hospital.
We'll probably hear everything in a couple of new songs

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 1, 2006 02:54

l am not one for conspiracy theories, but l do believe that something is being hidden by the Stones Camp.
The story that Keith was climbing a palm tree seems to be someone's idea of a sick joke.
l pray that he will be ok ,but there is more to this story than what is being reported.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: May 1, 2006 02:57

ON the stuff NZ site it says Ronnie and keith were on vodka during the day rum drinks at night time .That with the heat in Fiji wouldnt help your balance when trying to climb coconut trees.

Re: Latest MB Excitement
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 1, 2006 03:00

>> I don't know how to get the article moved over here <<

... you mean like copying and pasting either the link or the article?
it's easy: just go to the page, mark whatever it is you want to copy, hit control C, then come here and hit control V.
(did you find those blue capsules again? they seem to help!)

Date: May 1, 2006 03:07

>> it's easy: just go to the page, mark whatever it is you want to copy, hit control C, then come here and hit control V. <<

for example, this is how you'd provide us with the link: [entertainment.tv.yahoo.com]
(the only "news" in it seems to be the report that there have been various differing reports - which most of us have noticed.)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 1, 2006 03:09

ROPENI Wrote:
> l am not one for conspiracy theories, but l do
> believe that something is being hidden by the
> Stones Camp.
> The story that Keith was climbing a palm tree
> seems to be someone's idea of a sick joke.
>

various newspaper reports have described holiday makers (who are obviusly not linked to the 'Stones camp' ) as having SEEN him do so. Apparently its a normal activity at that particular resort.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 1, 2006 03:19

Gazza Wrote:
> ROPENI Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > l am not one for conspiracy theories, but l do
> > believe that something is being hidden by the
> > Stones Camp.
> > The story that Keith was climbing a palm tree
> > seems to be someone's idea of a sick joke.
> >

>
> various newspaper reports have described holiday
> makers (who are obviusly not linked to the 'Stones
> camp' ) as having SEEN him do so. Apparently its a
> normal activity at that particular resort.

Thanks Gazza, l did not see those reports, regardless l feel that there is more to this.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 1, 2006 03:26

I appreciate that with sssoul, next time I need to do that I'll follow what you said here.

I'm not trying to make anyone paranoid...I'm concerned about this myself. I just don't like the way this is being handled/reported. From a logical POV, if things were "the Best News Possible" you would think the Stones camp would want to get the word out since the European tour is coming up and there's a lot of money involved. If this was an off period for the Stones (No World Tour, No new Album) I would say OK, Keith got a bit hurt and that's it.... The fact that they're giving out as little info as possible makes me think either he's hurt worse then they're saying OR his head injury symptoms are not going away.... Didn't this all happen last Tuesday? In 2 days it will be a week, that seems long to me for a very minor injury. I'm just saying that personally it just seems a bit strange to me the way this is all being handled - if this is so minor why all the secret behaviour? The tree story is starting to sound a bit weird to - a 62 year old man going up a palm tree? I'm just saying this is my vibe, I might be totally wrong...

Look at the Steven Tyler throat surgery story...they tried to keep a lid on that and since his surgery I haven't heard one word. When things go good the pub. people always want the good news out there. And Gazza, all I read was a couple from Denver saw this behaviour and since the guy was a Dr. they asked him to take a look at Keith after the injury. Where's that guy now? Everybodys got zipped lips

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-01 03:33 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 1, 2006 03:40

I understand the frustration here, but if you have an health accident, the primary concern is to assess the extent of it and the consequences, if any, it will have on your life, not to make a statement to the press. This is his private life and he is also entitlted to keep it that way until he himself gets a full diagnosis.
Regarding the tree story, it doesn't sound really out of character to me, i think you're getting a bit paranoid...

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 1, 2006 04:05

MicksBrain - The MD left Fiji the day before the accident. He went to Keith's pad before the head injury occurred.

I do agree with you that things don't add up to a minor head injury (even tho this diagnosis can have lots of residual effects). Usually when a physician recommends a person be watched in a hospital for "observation", the MD expects the patient to be well enough to leave within 24 hours. Sometimes the patient stays up to 48 hours, but no longer.

After 24-48 hours (depending on the hospital's protocol), they are considered an "inpatient", which indicates different treatment protocol. Keith went to the Fiji hospital on Thursday. With any head injury, they will give the patient evaluations to determine what/if areas of the brain have been adversely effected. The more issues they find, the longer and in more depth the testing will go on. After they determine the areas/abilities effected, the MD's will recommend that certain therapies begin to help with the issues.

It seems to me that Keith has been there long enough to indicate he's got some serious issues to deal with. They won't let him drink alcohol there, and will certainly recommend that he abstain from further alcohol use after a head injury. It'll be interesting to see how he deals with these issues.

Re: Latest MB Excitement
Date: May 1, 2006 04:12

yeah, i don't know ... it doesn't sound very nice, i'm afraid, but it's Keith i'm concerned about, not Micksbrain's anxious interpretations.
(this latest article doesn't say anything about "a bit too much secrecy" - that's purely MB's point of view.)
right: we don't know what's going on, and it's hard to deal with that, but it's not the most important thing. Keith's well-being is.
good night all ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-01 10:56 by with sssoul.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 1, 2006 04:12

"It'll be interesting to see how he deals with these issues."
????

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 1, 2006 04:50

I just hope we wake up in the morning and find some updates on it. It is quite worrying to hear some bits about Keith's health, yesterday 'serious head injury', today 'mild concussion'. The first, sounding worse, generated by Stones Inc., 'mild concussion' believed to be said by spokeswoman. I can understand that it is quite possible that concussion might have lots of different effects on different people and for sure the older you get the worse you handle it.

Worrying part is a secrecy around it. Firing a guy who informed about Keith's health status, not many reports about it, most of it are saying the same thing.

I believe they made him all possible brain scans, for sure it was also needed for insurance issues. As somebody mentioned befoire 'observation' means that a patient's health status is reasonably OK and they just keep him for 24h, maximum 48h to see if there are no flash-back symptoms etc. From the other side, it's not ordinary patient, it is Keith. Fro mthe other hand, I don't believe Keith would like to stay in hospital for longer than it is really needed. So, there's some kind of mystery around this, which makes us all think about it and came up with new theories about it. For example, when I've read today about mild concussion, I thought, these are good news and calmed down a bit, but more I think about it, the more i worry about it & that's what happens to all of us and it happens because there are no updates and detailed news.

It's @#$%&' hard to wait for them. But I have no doubts Keith will handle it, will go through it. I hope he's gonna be out of hospital this week. I'm pretty sure about it.

All kinds of blessings for Keith's soul & body.

Date: May 1, 2006 05:12

The conflicting stories, omitted details, and not making a formal statement is worrysome.

I was told via email today that Keef is fine, from a personal friend of his, and I am passing this news along so everyone can relax a bit.

There is a feeling that KEEF can survive anything, so this shows us he is vulnerable like all of us.

peace,
Bitch

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: May 1, 2006 05:42

for what it's worth...i've had too minor concussions......one a bit worse than the other ....and you definitely have trouble putting more than one thought together and seeing one thru past more than a minute or so....took about a week to realize even to myself that my mind "wasn't right"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home