Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Any Other Diabetics Here?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 28, 2006 01:59

Damn it, I just came back. I missed something.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 28, 2006 02:03

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn it, I just came back. I missed something.

Erik - you didn't miss anything good. It was a couple of lame ones, I just realized it was compromising the dignity of the thread.

Ain't no thang, sweet thang.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 28, 2006 13:24

As stated before their is diabetes in the family and this has always propelled me to keep myself fit and being a keen sports fan played football, tennis and running until my hip through wear & tear started playing up, so i basically stopped overnight and used to go swimming and used a gym half heartedly as it does not relace the running or tennis, until last year one & half stone heavier and thinking the stones will be here next year i have to get in some sort of shape so i went on the G.I. Diet and started using the gym properly and replaced bacardi & coke with bacardi & orange, gave up chocalate overnight and low & behold after losing the one & half stone back down to my fighting weight.

The G.I. diet is aslo good for people who might catch diabetes due to family genes apparantly.

Posted by: MRRAMBLER ()
Date: April 29, 2006 02:52

I am also a diabetic. I am Type II and on insulin. For the people that are having difficulties with extremely low and dangerous sugar levels you might want to investigate [dexcom.com]. They have a automatic continuous monitoring glucose system. It has just been given FDA approval in the USA.

The system is able to take the sugar level and send the information to a receiver. I believe that there are warning alarms once the sugar level falls below a certain point.

This being a Stones board I will say that I have no financial interest in this company ; - )) . I hope this information will help someone.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 29, 2006 04:14

I wrote Bjornulf about this thread, and he reminded me that he didn't want IORR to become a general chat forum.

Of course, he's right, but I am really thankful for all of the posts on this thread.

Most of us share our e-mail addys, so let's keep in touch in private correspondence. I'd like that. Harlito wrote a heartfelt message to me, and I appreciated it.

I can't offer any answers, but I'm willing to listen.

Glenn ([email protected])

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home