Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Any Other Diabetics Here?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 28, 2006 01:59

Damn it, I just came back. I missed something.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 28, 2006 02:03

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn it, I just came back. I missed something.

Erik - you didn't miss anything good. It was a couple of lame ones, I just realized it was compromising the dignity of the thread.

Ain't no thang, sweet thang.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 28, 2006 13:24

As stated before their is diabetes in the family and this has always propelled me to keep myself fit and being a keen sports fan played football, tennis and running until my hip through wear & tear started playing up, so i basically stopped overnight and used to go swimming and used a gym half heartedly as it does not relace the running or tennis, until last year one & half stone heavier and thinking the stones will be here next year i have to get in some sort of shape so i went on the G.I. Diet and started using the gym properly and replaced bacardi & coke with bacardi & orange, gave up chocalate overnight and low & behold after losing the one & half stone back down to my fighting weight.

The G.I. diet is aslo good for people who might catch diabetes due to family genes apparantly.

Posted by: MRRAMBLER ()
Date: April 29, 2006 02:52

I am also a diabetic. I am Type II and on insulin. For the people that are having difficulties with extremely low and dangerous sugar levels you might want to investigate [dexcom.com]. They have a automatic continuous monitoring glucose system. It has just been given FDA approval in the USA.

The system is able to take the sugar level and send the information to a receiver. I believe that there are warning alarms once the sugar level falls below a certain point.

This being a Stones board I will say that I have no financial interest in this company ; - )) . I hope this information will help someone.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 29, 2006 04:14

I wrote Bjornulf about this thread, and he reminded me that he didn't want IORR to become a general chat forum.

Of course, he's right, but I am really thankful for all of the posts on this thread.

Most of us share our e-mail addys, so let's keep in touch in private correspondence. I'd like that. Harlito wrote a heartfelt message to me, and I appreciated it.

I can't offer any answers, but I'm willing to listen.

Glenn ([email protected])

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home