Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Dr. Strangelove .............
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: April 25, 2006 13:52

peter sellers....what a movie watched last night..."ve must learn to love za bomb"...........was evryone on drugs in the 60's???

Re: OT Dr. Strangelove .............
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: April 25, 2006 13:55

yup, even Val Singleton

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 25, 2006 13:59

That was the brilliance of Director Stanley Kubrick....Dr. Stranglelove is really all about Donald Rumsfeld (the guy in charge of the Iraqi war failure) Kubrick just knew to make it half a century ago.....

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: April 25, 2006 14:15

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was the brilliance of Director Stanley
> Kubrick....Dr. Stranglelove is really all about
> Donald Rumsfeld (the guy in charge of the Iraqi
> war failure) Kubrick just knew to make it half a
> century ago.....

so good ......rumy what a prince....."dimitri.....well you know"

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: April 25, 2006 14:27

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" - Priceless!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: April 25, 2006 14:27

ONE OF THE BEST FILMS EVER MADE !!!

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: April 25, 2006 14:38

It's a wonderful and witty movie. But PLEASE, stop this nonsense about Mr Rumsfeld and the Bush administration. Mr Bush is our president and a majority of the American people did VOTE for him in the re-election. That's what a democracy is all about. If you don't like your elected leaders, whining about it won't change a goddamn thing. Do something useful and constructive instead. In the meanwhile you might as well put on a Stones record and play it loud.
Thank you.

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: April 25, 2006 15:12

beautiful movie, peter sellers the BEST!!
Jacopo

Rolling Stones Italia
[www.rollingstonesitalia.com]

Date: April 25, 2006 15:37

Let It Bleed sounds appropriate (considering what happened in Iraq yesterday) Good Idea...

BTW Manhattan, I'm all for our elected leaders and WHEN THEY'RE ELECTED I don't have a problem. I don't recall Mr W being elected in 2000...I recall.....the Supreme Court installing him......ALSO, I'm in California and we have Arnold as Gov. and you've NEVER heard me say one word about him. The 2000 PREZ ELECTION was stolen in Florida my friend. And all my friends in Europe were asking "How come people didn't take to the streets and riot?" Well, I know why but I ain't saying it here. When gas hits $5 they probably will, maybe $6......

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: April 25, 2006 21:58

I have a rule, not to initiate a political discussion with people I dont know, or when Im drunk. So on that note, Dr. Strangelove is probably my favorite film. peter sellers in it (whom ive also been watching as inspector clouseau in the pink panther movies) is hilarious. Im not sure which one of the characters is in the bush administration now: the ntucase that launches the war, the timid, but strong speaking president, the over zealous general or the crazy scientist.
Dr. Strangelove: Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?
Also on a side note, I thought the filming of the battle at Burpleson AFB was unique, as it would like very similar to the combat footage coming out of vietnam in a couple of years. Symbolism is great in this movie to. My favorite is how Kubrick frames Strategic Air Command's (the keepers of the US Nuclear Bombs) motto: "Peace is our Profession". Priceless.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 25, 2006 22:17

I love Peter Sellers and I have yet to see this movie.

Seems like every time I get it something comes up and I never end up watching it.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: April 25, 2006 22:59

read the book Fail Safe before you see this movie...it's a pretty quick read. Dr. Strangelove parodies the book quite well. The book was a U.S. bestseller in the early 1960's and Strangelove was release months before the Fail Safe movie.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 25, 2006 23:08

CindyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love Peter Sellers and I have yet to see this
> movie.
>
> Seems like every time I get it something comes up
> and I never end up watching it.

CIndyC! You must see it! Get thee to video rental place with all haste! By the way, has anyone here heard Sellers singing 'She Lvves You" as Dr. Stranglove? @#$%& hilarious!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home