Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: guitar amp
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 25, 2006 17:19

I am thinking about getting a guitar amp that's bigger than the little practice one I have now. One I looked at (only online sofar), is the Fender hot rod deluxe, 40 W tube amp (see [www.fender.com]).

Any other suggestions? I am thinking about a price between $500 and $800.

Re: OT: guitar amp
Posted by: bruno ()
Date: April 25, 2006 17:40

Where are you going to play, Koen? A tube amp above (let's say) 20W can be way tooooo loud to play in an apartment, for example. If you have a place where you can push it loud, then it's another question.

I've heard good comments about the Peavey Classic 30, but I haven't play on one.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: April 25, 2006 17:58

It's for playing with other people in a rehearsal room and in small bars, etc. I already have a small 10W amp for at home.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 25, 2006 18:14

I have had some of the Peavy amps (Several) and I hate them with a passion. Muddy (but not in an 1970s Keith or faces) way on a good day at loud volumes. Many of those amps are not of the highest quality and the sustain usually sucks. IF you want the "Fender" sound In your price range the Fender Blues Deville in 4X10 is great but so is the hotrod deville

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 25, 2006 18:52

I have a Fender Blues Deluxe which is very similar to the Hot Rod Deluxe and which I like very much.. The amp has a lot of punch and and a warm sound as well. The only problem I ahd with it, and I think you will find this to be true of most stock amps, is the the that the volume contols are log pots instead of audio taper pots, so one does not have subtle control over the settings. Other than that it rawk's!

Posted by: somesmerized ()
Date: April 25, 2006 19:36

This what you need !

[cgi.ebay.com]

There's a line out, you can even add a cab if you need to !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-25 19:36 by somesmerized.

Date: April 25, 2006 21:33

ChrisM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a Fender Blues Deluxe which is very similar
> to the Hot Rod Deluxe and which I like very much..
> The amp has a lot of punch and and a warm sound as
> well.

That's a very nice one as well. I guess I need to pay a visit to the local music store ;-)

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 25, 2006 22:08

I got myself a Fender Blues Deluxe from ebay about a month ago.
I`m pretty happy with the sound, the (light) weight and the tweed look.
A lot of Fender sound for the buck (well € in my case)

Both, Hot Rod & Blues Dx are good amps.
read more about 'em over here:
[www.fenderforum.com]

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 25, 2006 22:59

I am with @#$%& here because through the years I have come to hate everything Peavey. But I have to admiot that their amps have become a little better. And that is just the thing: everyone's amps have become pretty damn good. As long as you're going tube IMO.
But if you are planning on gigging with this amp I would make sure it has a lot of bottom and more than just one 12" speaker. You can get an excellent Fender Amp with one 12" Celestion in it, that doesn great in rehearsal, but once you get into even a small club and you are playing WITHOUT a PA, then this little amp will not rpoject well. It will lose all Bass, and if you keep turning it up it will get very shrill and hi end.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home