Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: springsteen
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 26, 2006 07:15

stoned_in_dc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> you might not like his music but he is a great
> live performer..i don't think there is any
> debating that..

I'll debate you - his whole stage persona makes my skin crawl. You lose.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 26, 2006 09:44

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Hi! I thought he meant I was the fool. I'm still
> not sure.

It was jsut for fun. I couldn't answer you because when I'm on IORR I'm on the library or the school. They were closed. you got a reply by mail now too. It was all in good spirits. You know I adore you to death my friend.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 26, 2006 10:41

I saw him in his hometown New Jersey in 1984.
That was a dynamite 4 hours show.
However everybody excused themself from arena during he sang Nebraska tunes like "reason to believe" and "My father's house".
They may avoid this SEEGER tour.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 26, 2006 15:50

Lukester said:

Hell he could fart in a microphone for 40 minutes and they'd buy the deluxe box set.

Yes, but it would be serious, high quality gas paying homage to farters from the past.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-26 15:51 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 26, 2006 15:53

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> Lukester said:
>
> Hell he could fart in a microphone for 40 minutes
> and they'd buy the deluxe box set.
>
>
>
> Yes, but it would be serious, high quality gas
> paying homage to farters from the past.

Good one, Elmo.

Posted by: Jake Blues ()
Date: April 26, 2006 15:57

Dear Cindy,

I'm sorry I hurted your feelings, I was a bit rude I guess, I'm really sorry. But hey, as an educated Springsteenfan I just had to respond on your uneducated vision. If one says wrong things about a man like Springsteen, as if it is the truth, then I respond in the way I did. He bought his position? He is a rich man who sings for the poor? You really should read some books about the man, about his youth, about his visions. I can understand your musical taste, for it only has to do with taste and nothing else. For me, when it comes to music, a whole lot of things matter, the lyrics, the social background, the meaning and of course the music. But you are ALL WRONG about the person Bruce Springsteen. If you say your puking on him, I HAVE to react, cause to me, it's saying you're shitting on Jesus H. Christ without reading the bible (I know Springsteen is not the Christ, but he is more Christ than I am smiling smiley or pissing all over Martin Luther King without knowing who he was. That's all I really have to say. Again, sorry to talk in a non-hippie way, Elmo, I'm sorry too, It don't really suits me well, the hippie that I am. And now, I'm going to get stoned. With The Wild, The Innocent & The E-Street Shuffle. Or Exile. Hmm, music.. smiling smiley

Peace!

Jake B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-26 15:59 by Jake Blues.

Posted by: dj ()
Date: April 26, 2006 15:58

StonesTod Wrote:
> I know alot of American Stones fans, and I can
> honestly say i don't personally know a single
> American who likes Bruce - lends credence to the
> Erik theory...

Born in New Jersey and lived here my whole life. Top two favorite artists: The Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 26, 2006 17:43

A Jersey boy liking Bruce? Will wonders never cease!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 26, 2006 18:27

almost as outrageous as someone from northern California liking the Dead, eh? ;-)

Date: April 26, 2006 18:33

touchez! so why is Gazza not a big fan of the Belfast Cowboy?

Date: April 26, 2006 18:49

because hes an arrogant and obnoxious c**t

I do like his music actually but you wont find too many people in Belfast - even the many who also like his work - who have a good word to say about Mr Morrison.

Date: April 26, 2006 18:50

so?

Date: April 26, 2006 18:52

put it this way, unlike your experience with Mr Lesh, I cant imagine too many parents dropping their kids off at Ol' Grumpy Bollocks' place for a sleepover...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-26 18:53 by Gazza.

Date: April 26, 2006 18:54

Oh, I thought we were talking about music. My bad. Proceed.....

Date: April 26, 2006 19:41

So Van is a great musician, but not a nice guy in person? Never knew, just like the music.

Date: April 26, 2006 19:49

his antics are legendary, actually. much like Burdon in both respects (@#$%&, master bloozeman).

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 26, 2006 20:01

Gazza Wrote:
> because hes an arrogant and obnoxious c**t
>
> I do like his music actually but you wont find too
> many people in Belfast - even the many who also
> like his work - who have a good word to say about
> Mr Morrison.

This may be true, but he can actually be pretty nice to his fans.

Last month, he played 2 shows at the Wiltern in L.A. and on both nights when Van arrived, he had his handler collect albums and items from fans outside and take them in for him to sign. I was able to get 2 items signed and a couple guys who did not have items just gave the handler white cards to have signed. When the handler came back, he gave those guys a nice color photo card signed by Van, instead of the cards they had given to him.

Van was back in town this past week and I know on Wednesday he attended the play that Al Pacino is appearing in and he signed for fans there. On Friday night he played at the Hollywood Bowl and one of my friends followed his car back to his hotel where his handler again took a stack of items into the lobby for Van to sign. Knowing he was leaving the next morning for a show in Minneapolis, my friend and another guy went back to the hotel in the morning and saw Van walk out on his own. He approached him and asked if he could have a photo taken with him and Van obliged both guys. He had 2 more items that Van had not signed, so Van signed those for him. My friend ended up getting 8 items signed and a photo with him in the 3 occasions he encountered him over a 6 week period, so Van is at least a cool guy on that level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-26 20:02 by Halup.

Date: April 26, 2006 20:03

Good story! Could Keith and Mick hire this handler?

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 26, 2006 20:05

once again, Halup, great post.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 26, 2006 22:17

I like Bruce Sp. a lot, even if I do not listen to hias Cd´s very often, I do recognize he is a great artist.

I like very much Born to Run, and some other albums.

He seems to be a very honest guy, I like it!

Date: April 26, 2006 22:47

Halup

I'm dumbfounded at that Van story. It must have been an imposter

If anyone asked him for that over here, theyd probably be told to fúck off

he must have got laid the night before or something.

Date: April 26, 2006 22:59

Gazza, I was pretty surprised by it myself when he was cool enough to sign at the Wiltern. I've had hundreds of musicians sign stuff for me over the years, but that was the first time I had Van sign. In L.A., there are always opportunities to meet musicians and other celebrities, but because of all the professional autograph people here, there's a lot of people, such as Springsteen or Robert Plant, who are usually pretty good about signing, that just won't do it in L.A.

Last year I got Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones to sign for me, but had zero luck in getting Robert Plant. I tried to get Springsteen before and after shows here in L.A., but have had no luck. I finally got him to sign for the first time for me in seattle last August.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-26 23:01 by Halup.

Date: April 26, 2006 23:43

T&A Wrote:
> A Jersey boy liking Bruce? Will wonders never
> cease!

I was just responding to another post where someone said that he didn't know of any American Stones fans who like Bruce. NJ was in America last I checked. (Save the Jersey jokes...I've heard them all).

Date: April 26, 2006 23:48

No, I said I didn't personally know of such a person. I don't. And, I won't.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: April 26, 2006 23:58

Eric Burdon is one of the Gratest Muthaf..king singers of all time. He's sorely under-rated and perpetually over-looked. I don't know why....bad Pr / record company maybe? He always has an incredible, rockin' band and puts on a balls-out show every time (better than Springsteen imho) go figure. Long live Eric Burdon, the REAL King of White Boy Bues.

Date: April 27, 2006 00:03

agree with the boy from houston. i'm about as big a burdon fan as there is. but, the guy has made bad career decisions, had bad management and generall pissed off everyone around him for about 40 years, which should explain his "status." Just in the past few months he managed to separate himself from a long-standing group of master musicians. his current band is virtually inept by comparison.

Date: April 27, 2006 00:37

T&A Wrote:
> No, I said I didn't personally know of such a
> person. I don't. And, I won't.

I find that a little hard to believe. Virtually all Springsteen fans I know of like the Stones, and vice versa. Whatever.

Date: April 27, 2006 02:36

Anyone who wants to watch Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band online, their performance at the New Orleans Jazzfest on Sunday will be webcast at [music.msn.com]

The Coachella festival here this weekend featuring acts like Depeche Mode, Franz Ferdinand and Madonna is also going to be webcast from a link on the Coachella site.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 27, 2006 02:53

T&A Wrote:
> No, I said I didn't personally
know of such a
> person. I don't. And, I won't.

Too bad, man. I'm an American, and a Springsteen fan. By your definition, I can't possibly be acknowledged by you, or be your friend. Judging groups by stereotypes? That makes you a bigot, doesn't it?

What about your alter ego? Is he a bigot, too? If not, I think you might have some deep-rooted psychological issues.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home