Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger solo tour
Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: April 14, 2006 21:46

I remember back when Goddess In The Doorway was about to come out that I really hoped that Mick was going to do a solo tour. I think it could've been a success. Obviously I think a fair amount of people would spend money to see Mick Jagger live in concert seeing as an obnoxiously large amount of people pay to see the Stones. He cuold've played in theaters, or venues of about 8,000 people probably. And he coudl've played in more places besides NYC and LA. Maybe a 20-city USA tour with Cleveland, Chicago, St. Louis, Seattle, etc. I think he could've had a fun show with a great setlist. Highlighting at least half of Goddess, and emphasizing Wandering Spirit with a few from the earlier solo stuff. As well as maybe 5 Stones songs, especially songs he doesn't get to play as much and ones that don't necessarily have a "Keith" sound to them, like Under My Thumb or Ruby Tuesday and Dead Flowers. Who knows maybe we could've heard him do Dancing In The Streets again with Bernard or even David Bowie in NYC. They pulled out Love Train and Get Up, Stand Up, so I don't see this song as too much of a stretch.
The stage could've been pretty cool i'm sure. If Annie Lennox and Stevie Nicks can find success touring solo I see absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be a success for Mick Jagger.

Re: Mick Jagger solo tour
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 14, 2006 21:48

T&A wouldn't show up.
Unless he had some old eggs and tomatoes in his pockets.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 14, 2006 21:52

....I'm absolutely sure Jagger would have no problem getting lots of new T and A showing up for his gigs...........and I agree it would have been interesting to see him promote Goddess more...there were some great songs on that and when you throw in Wandering Spirit, etc....he's got quite the catalogue to draw from

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: April 14, 2006 21:54

I'd see Mick solo, especially if the setlist was heavy on Wandering Spirit and light on his other solo work.

Date: April 14, 2006 22:00

I really really really really really really, and i mean really, want to hear God Gave Me Everything live someday. I think that song rocks just as f-ing hard as any Stones song. It's so badass. I love Mick Jagger. I love him. And to be honest, and i'm bracing myself for the negative feedback i'm sure to receive, I would probably be more excited to hear a new Jagger solo album instead of a new Stones album. I like Goddess better than ABB. But I'm sure that's just me so please don't give me too much shit.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 14, 2006 22:06

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> T&A wouldn't show up.
> Unless he had some old eggs and tomatoes in his
> pockets.

We'd show up. But, it didn't surprise me at all that Mick didn't tour the US in support of any solo albums. He knew damned well it would be something "less than Stones" and that critics would be harsh and that fans wouldn't show up in nearly the #'s they do for the GRNRBITW

Date: April 14, 2006 22:10

Yes, he should have had more guts, like Keith in 1988 and 1992.
I always found it strange that Jagger only played in Australia and Japan in 1988. It's like not-good-looking-people, walking around hardly without clothes, when they're on a vacation, far away.

Date: April 14, 2006 22:17

If he were to do a solo show today he could have plenty of hits to play. Maybe something like...

1. Wired All Night
2. Goddess In The Doorway (with fun lights)
3. something from one of the 1st 2 albums
4, Hide Away
5. Just Another Night
6. Hang On To Me Tonight (nice acoustic set)
7. Too Far Gone (acous. set)
8. Dead Flowers (acous. set)
9. Wandering Spirit
10. Visions of Paradise
11. Out Of Focus
12. Respectable
13. Ruby Tuesday
14. Old Habits Die Hard
15. Everybody Getting High
16. Sweet Thing
17. Under My Thumb
18. God Gave Me Everything
-encore-
19. Dancing In The Streets
20. maybe It's Only Rock and Roll? I dunno, something fun.
-extra encore-
21. Don't Call Me Up (maybe just Mick with acoustic guitar and a piano player. would be a very cool ending)

Date: April 14, 2006 22:18

..that sure is some revisionist history/perspective..............

Date: April 14, 2006 22:23

that's quite the set list.even if you removed the RS numbers...........

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 14, 2006 23:41

i can't think of many things (music related) worse than a Jagger solo tour

i still have nightmares from a live gig i saw on the TV years ago. it made you want to curl up and die

Keef on the otherhand was awesome

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 15, 2006 00:59

Well I'm used to getting a pile of SHIT for defending Mick but as you can see, I really don't care because I LOVE HIM TOO! Goddess and Wandering Spirit are SOOO much better than ABB and BTB and alot of Rolling Stones cds that it's GOOFY! I can't believe that he did so few shows the last time he toured solo, I guess that was when he played Webster Hall! I could kick myself, but I thought he'd do alot more shows! Mick gets to stretch on his solo cds, and yes, I agree that all of the songs are not A+ but alot of them are really excellent! From the title track on Wandering Spirit, to Party Doll, to Brand New Set Of Rules, Sweet Thing, and yes, all of the songs on Alfie are good, if not great! For those who'd rather listen to Keith, so be it, at least we made our preference known....again.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 15, 2006 01:04

jumpinjackgreg Wrote:
> If he were to do a solo show today he could have
> plenty of hits to play. Maybe something like...
>
> 1. Wired All Night
> 2. Goddess In The Doorway (with fun lights)
> 3. something from one of the 1st 2 albums
> 4, Hide Away
> 5. Just Another Night
> 6. Hang On To Me Tonight (nice acoustic set)
> 7. Too Far Gone (acous. set)
> 8. Dead Flowers (acous. set)
> 9. Wandering Spirit
> 10. Visions of Paradise
> 11. Out Of Focus
> 12. Respectable
> 13. Ruby Tuesday
> 14. Old Habits Die Hard
> 15. Everybody Getting High
> 16. Sweet Thing
> 17. Under My Thumb
> 18. God Gave Me Everything
> -encore-
> 19. Dancing In The Streets
> 20. maybe It's Only Rock and Roll? I dunno,
> something fun.
> -extra encore-
> 21. Don't Call Me Up (maybe just Mick with
> acoustic guitar and a piano player. would be a
> very cool ending)

errr . . . where in god name is Evening Gown?

Date: April 15, 2006 01:04

Webster Hall really rocks, and proves that Jagger is capable of great solo-concerts. But 1988 was not good at all. But that's another story.
Neverthless, one have the right to compare Keith's and Mick's solo efforts, when it comes to tours, and see that Keith did it much better.
Because Mick only had this one tour.....
Webster Hall is brilliant, must have been great to be there.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: April 15, 2006 01:10

Stupid idea Mick knows that he would not get nearly as much interes as the Stones do. he could sell out a few clubs here and there but never areana or stadiums.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 15, 2006 02:00

Rickster Wrote:
> Stupid idea Mick knows that he would not get
> nearly as much interes as the Stones do. he could
> sell out a few clubs here and there but never
> areana or stadiums.

Mick Jagger could easily sell out arenas, as long as he didn't charge $400 a ticket.

Date: April 15, 2006 02:27

i'm not so sure he could. especially in Europe

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 15, 2006 02:29

no way he could sell out arenas in the US - and he knows it

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 15, 2006 02:32

don't be so hard on the guy: he could easily sell out high school gym arenas.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: April 16, 2006 00:46

and keith,could he sell out something? a phonebox maybee. and his concerts some of you prawl about,they are just boring.

Date: April 16, 2006 02:13

I was just listening to Dance Pt. 2 and I thought that cuold've been a great song for Mick to do at a solo show. Very very upbeat but it doesnt require Keith's signature sound. Maybe a combo of both parts 1 and 2.

I bet Mick could sell out arenas in the major cities, NYC, Chicago, LA and maybe a few others, but probably not like Columbus. But I'd go for sure. He could go on a smaller venue tour and still make it very successful and worthwhile with a cool stage setup. maybe have a really really good opening act too. Maybe a Sheryl Crow and Mick jagger tour. But that might mean Mick would have to do a shorter set so I guess I wouldn't want that.

Date: April 16, 2006 02:32

harlem shuffle Wrote:
> and keith,could he sell out something? a phonebox
> maybee. and his concerts some of you prawl
> about,they are just boring.

if Keef could sell out a 1000 capacity venue he'd be happy. the difference between him and Mick is simple. Keef does it for the music. in 5 years time you'll find him jamming in clubs being happy, whilst Mick is on a yacht somewhere talking to royalty and having nothing to do with music

Keef loves music. Mick loves showbiz!

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: April 16, 2006 05:52

Mick loves music (and showbiz). I hate this "Keith is the artist, Mick is just showbiz" attitude. It's not true.
On ABB, I hear Mick's work much more than Keith's. Especially during the last years, he clearly has more creativity. And also his last solo album is 2001, plus Alfie later, and when is Keith's latest extra stuff?

Mick's still got a lot to say. Ok, I love him too, obviously, but this "he'll have nothing to do with music" is a stupid statement, far from true I'm sure.

Btw, Goddess is a great cd, WS too (prefer Goddess, though), but better than ABB, ehm... no way, of course, imo.

I wouldn't like to have another Mick solo album more than another Stones album... But if they HAD to do it, realease another solo stuff, I think I know who of the Glimms would have fewer problems coming with a great collection of music...

Posted by: susieq ()
Date: April 16, 2006 08:21

We were lucky enough to get Mick's solo tour in Australia back in '87, don't think it made many other places but he sold out 5 shows at 13,000 seat arena in Melbourne - same one as Stones just played their single show!

It was back when the Twins weren't getting on.

Of course he's much older now, more wrinkled (still love him tho).

Shows were great, showed what a consummate pro he is. But it was awfully sad to see him up onstage with a gap where Keif should have been.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 16, 2006 11:34

Silly idea. " Rolling Stones " is a trademark, a valuable intangible. Mick alone ? Could fill in arenas. What for !!!!! Non sense.

Date: April 16, 2006 12:22

to andy js,the words you spytting out are total rubbish.written by a very silly person,who thinks everything keith does is so fantastic. you said keith only loves music and mick showbis,where have you get this information,from baboon bro or some of the other keithlickers here.and keith,s socalled music the last twenty years,most of it is rubbish.my hopes for the future is,mick jagger split the band.and started only a solocarrier,without the others,maybee some more fresh music vill come

Date: April 16, 2006 12:32

LMAO!

its called an opinion HS. and in my humble opinion, everything Mick has done outside of the Stones has been shit. whilst everything Keef has done has been great

i can't help that. blame my ears!

Mick is Mr Showbiz

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: April 16, 2006 18:46

LOLO, "Keithlickers" awesome word.

Since we're swapping 'opinions', the stuff Mick has done outside the band-- especially guest performances and collabs, like the stuff with Red Devils, Gary Moore, Chieftains and Peter Wolf, beats anything Keith has ever done. Just so as there aren't too many keithlicker opinions.

Date: April 16, 2006 18:57

andy js.it,s okay to have an opinion about the music,but let,s hold on to the facts about the stones.it,s my opinion that without jagger,no rolling stones.
it,s only jagger who holds the stones up there now,and no one else.like it or not,good or bad.but i,am a bit tired about readingthat jagger is nothing,just a financial jerk.and all the stuff keith come up with is genious,i have the two albums with keith,and i,m not playing them at all anymore.i think they are really bad,nothing to remember there.and,have you seen the concert at websters hall,and think that,s the baddest concert you,ll ever seen? and how about wandering spirit,also a terrible album in your sadly opinion?at least this album is ten times better than any keithalbum.
when reading this forum,i think it,s gonna change the name of it to k.richards asslickers forum for jerks

Posted by: Too Rude III ()
Date: April 16, 2006 19:06

"It's a pain in the butt...."

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home