Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones tickets go cheap in Sydney
Posted by: stevej0531 ()
Date: April 11, 2006 23:06

Stones tickets go cheap - posted online on April 11, 2006 - at 1:25PM Aussie Time

Seats for tonight's Rolling Stones concert in Sydney are still on offer, with sold-out tickets auctioned online for well below cost price.

Tickets to the Telstra Stadium concert can still be bought for $35, despite expectations the vintage rock outfit would easily sell out the venue.

This afternoon, a further batch of $95 and $155 tickets was released.

A range of more expensive tickets is selling on internet auction site eBay, with final bids this morning falling well below their original price.

Tonight's concert is part of the Rolling Stones' Bigger Bang world tour, already said to be the highest-grossing rock tour of all time.

Three front-row, stadium floor diamond-class tickets worth about $1200 were snapped up for $785 on eBay this morning.

A parcel of two premium-class grandstand tickets worth $309 when bought from Ticketek sold for $210.

Another seller was offloading 10 gold-class tickets - a package of two tickets worth $189 but priced at $99 failed to attract any bids this morning.

One regular eBay ticket vendor said he had lost "quite a bit of money" on the concert.

"It's picked up a bit up today, but I've lost almost 50 per cent on the Stones," he said.

"I expected it to sell out for sure but eBay was flooded, the market was flooded.

"Everybody thought it was going to be a big show so they bought four or six tickets to make a bit of money - but everyone lost.

"I don't think I'll be buying tickets for single-artist events any more, just festivals."

The vendor said he believed the availability of $35 bronze seats was a ploy to damage the online trade in tickets.

"I think it was a calculated thing - they put up the bronze ones to stop people buying from us," he said.

Re: Stones tickets go cheap in Sydney
Posted by: Steven ()
Date: April 11, 2006 23:08

I love when scalpers lose the asse$!!!

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 11, 2006 23:12

If you all remember, in a previous post I put forward a theory that there are two distinct markets-North America and the rest of the world.

Looks like this confirms my theory.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: April 12, 2006 00:18

Over-priced tickets?

Confirms my theory too.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 12, 2006 00:29

Steven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love when scalpers lose the asse$!!!

I'm with you on this, it's great to hear

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 12, 2006 00:54

....Yeah and we are tired of getting ripped off in North America

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 12, 2006 01:08

no wonder they're so cheap now - the concert already happened!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home