Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones coming to Halifax NS??????
Posted by: czr ()
Date: April 10, 2006 01:37

Any one know if they are doing more dates in Canada before they take a break??????

I live in the Canadian maritimes, saw the Stones for the 4 time in Moncton last Sept. the best show ever!!! I feel every lucky to have seen them 5 times. Now last night I heard from many diferent sources that they plan to come back to Halifax. Please someone tell me this is not a rumor!!!! I mised my chance to give Keith a pirate flag I want another chance!!!!!! I got close during the Moncton show but not close enough... Mick, Keith, Charlie & Ronnie if your reading this I want an out door show so I can get front & center, I'm not asking for much he he!
CZR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-10 01:38 by czr.

Re: Stones coming to Halifax NS??????
Posted by: Rock'NRollAngel ()
Date: April 10, 2006 01:39

czr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any one know if they are doing more dates in
> Canada before they take a break??????
>
> I live in the Canadian maritimes, saw the Stones
> for the 4 time in Moncton last Sept. the best show
> ever!!! I feeel every lucky to have seen them 5
> times. Now last night I heard from many diferent
> sources that they plan to come back to Halifax.
> Please someone tell me this is not a rumor!!!! I
> mised my chance to give Keith a pirate flag I want
> another chance!!!!!! I got close during the
> Moncton show but not close enough... Mick, Keith,
> Charlie & Ronnie if your reading this I want an
> out door show so I can get front & center, I'm not
> asking for much he he!
> CZR.

I heard they have booked several venues in various Canadian cities. Not sure of the dates though. Late 2006/Early 2007 perhaps?

Date: April 10, 2006 02:42

woooHooo!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 10, 2006 22:48

It would be nice to see them play there, but I think the fact that Moncton is fairly close to Halifax, they probably wouldn't play there. Metro Center only holds around 9000 or so.
If they do come back to Canada, I'd like to see them do more shows out West. Winnipeg has a new 15000 seat arena, Saskatoon has a 11000 seat arena and Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver all have NHL capacity arenas. Also, economies are doing well in the last 3 cities. Lots of money floating around in Alberta with the oil money and Vancouver is booming with lots of new construction for the upcoming Winter Olympics.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: April 11, 2006 03:13

I'm sure they considered Moncton THE show for eastern Canada.

I never did understand why they had Sloan open in Boston instead of a Canadian stop. A Halifax show with Sloan (big in Canada) would be a great match.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 11, 2006 03:32

There isn't enough $ in Halifax. Trust me. I have nothing against Halifax, but this just ain't gonna happen.

(in my opinion)

Date: April 11, 2006 21:31

And they said the Moncton show wouldn't happen. They have done small shows in the past, so we'll see. Moncton Magnetic Hill, Harbour Station or Halifax, Metro Centre (10 000), Cidadlle Hill(60 000), Shearwater Air base
(85 000 OR MORE!)....... it dosn't matter. Just as long as they come to the Maratimes again.
The Rumor is getting bigger everyday!
CZR

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 12, 2006 01:11

stones coming to halifax? only if their plane needs to make an emergency landing on the way to barcelona.

Date: April 12, 2006 03:24

The latest rumour here in Eastern canada is still with U2 doing a Moncton show this Fall. I can't see the Stones returning so soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1261
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home